First grow - Need some info

WidowJacket

So this is my first grow I am running a DWC setup in 3 separate 5gal buckets. I am using Kind nutrient solution with CalMag suplements. I have a 600W HPS light over hanging, and two 3200 Lumen LED light strips in the corners(visible in the picture). Humidity ranges from 40% to 45%, and the temp is between 74-82 F. I am ABOUT 6 weeks into flowering. My room is 4x4 and 10ft. Currently the plants are at 4.6 feet tall or 55 inches. I obviously topped during veg and left them in veg a little longer than I probably should have.

I ordered two strains from CKS (White Widow, Dark Angel) I had a lot fail to germinate due to my own stupidity. I also didn't label them. I'm trying to figure out what strain I have currently growing as both of these strains look similar in the pictures I've seen on CKS website. My second question is do these look like theyll be done by week 8 of flowering? They don't seem to be on course for being done in 8 weeks.

Thanks for all the information guys! I truly appreciate it.

image36986.jpg

image41037.jpg

img0011.jpg

img0023.jpg

No you got a long way to go. There is a lot of things you can do to slow down and stunt growth. So it is easy to not hit the estimated time.

Those look great. You will have a great harvest. You just need to wait it out. That will be stellar just invest in the long haul.

The nitrogen is way to high but I don't know that brand of nutes if you have the option to control that. You can cut it with a product like Mad Farmers MOAB to get the same PPM with less nitrogen and the plants will be happier. One of the main symptoms of too much nitrogen is slow growth. You have more than just that showing. It aint horrible but a bit lighter and they would grow faster.

No you got a long way to go. There is a lot of things you can do to slow down and stunt growth. So it is easy to not hit the estimated time.

Those look great. You will have a great harvest. You just need to wait it out. That will be stellar just invest in the long haul.

The nitrogen is way to high but I don't know that brand of nutes if you have the option to control that. You can cut it with a product like Mad Farmers MOAB to get the same PPM with less nitrogen and the plants will be happier. One of the main symptoms of too much nitrogen is slow growth. You have more than just that showing. It aint horrible but a bit lighter and they would grow faster.

I am using "Kind Bloom" KIND(R) Plant Nutrient System these are nutrients. So since I am in hydroponics basically I need to do a flush is that what you're suggesting? I am very happy to hear you think I'll have a good crop. I've had some mixed comments about it. Is there any other issues I can work on or fix that will make them happier?

Thanks you much for the information!

Villageidiot, holy shit. I think you're right. These are the following formulas for my nutes.

Kind Base 4-0-0 + 5% calcium <----9ML per gallon for flowering.

Kind Bloom 0-6-6 <---- 16ML per gallon for flowering.

Kind Grow 2-2-4 <----0ML per gal for flowering.

So, why in the hell would the schedule tell me to use base? That's a lot of nitrogen. Would you suggest that I cut out the base completely or perhaps use "Kind Grow" instead of the Kind Base? Obviously I'll keep the same servings for the Bloom. What do you guys think?

Yeah cut that base for a while. You need nitrogen but not a lot in bloom. Most people let the plant use up stored nitrogen in bloom and let the leaves yellow and wilt like they do in nature. Helps with flavor and using it all up.

In veg while building the stalks and leaves and roots you need nitrogen but in bloom those slow way down and the focus is on flowering which needs lost of Phos and potassium.

The look just fine. Clearly not text book but you will have excellent stuff if you wait long enough.

Every strain is different and eats differently. I run different ones side by side all the time and they respond differently to the same program.

That said no plant wants only nitrogen. The "base" is not a base for any plant I have heard. it needs all 3 to be a "base"

With those numbers I would use Grow in Veg and 1/3 Grow and 2/3 bloom in bloom and see what that does for ya. You need nitrogen just not much.

The super Dark green is a bad sign. I know it looks good but that is the first sign of too much nitrogen. A bright vibrant green is healthy.

When I grew Nirvana's White Widow it didn't use much Nitrogen. It had dark leaves from just base nutrients. I cut it out and gave it none the entire time in flower and the leaves flushed to yellow the week before harvest. So yeah, follow Village's advice and cut out the Base.

And there will be no way to tell which strain is which, but if I had to guess the one flowering now is WW.

When I grew Nirvana's White Widow it didn't use much Nitrogen. It had dark leaves from just base nutrients. I cut it out and gave it none the entire time in flower and the leaves flushed to yellow the week before harvest. So yeah, follow Village's advice and cut out the Base.

And there will be no way to tell which strain is which, but if I had to guess the one flowering now is WW.

You guys are the bomb. I appreciate the follow up!

Villageidiot, can't respond to pms since I'm not 50 posts in yet :p. Thanks for the info man I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I will be sure to pay my information forward to others in need!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to update the thread. I am starting to see some of the white hairs change but predominately it seems they are still mostly white. I have fixed my nutrient situation and they seem to be responding much better to the new schedule. I will be posting some update pictures later tonight during my light cycle. Also, I've read a lot of the trichome information threads on the forum and I have the right type of eye piece to view them but they are hard to get an idea of how far away I am. I think I'm still a ways out because as I mentioned a lot of these guys still have white hairs sticking straight out.

I do want to post an interesting picture and get you guys opinions on this because I've never seen anything quite like it. This branch has gotten so thick. I call it the marijuana scepter.

pic68.jpg

This is the TOP VIEW of it....

pic235.jpg

Alright,

I'm a little worried. The tops of my plants the hairs are still solid white. The bottom branches are turning brown/amberish. I'm trying to get a look at the trichomes but I really need some advice guys on what to be looking for ... its hard to tell if they are cloudy or clear ...

These two pictures are from the same plant and this is why I'm concerned...

Midway down on the plant .... no extra light on it than the one at the top.

image_2_17.jpg

White Hairs top of the same plant....

image36987.jpg

So .... I know this is hard to say but I should be aggressively watching these ... they are close to the end of flowering ... or am i wrong? Any advice tricks or tips on trichomes would be excellent...

Not a problem. the top of the plant is still growing while the bottom is maturing. This is why People train plant horizontally so that the whole plant will mature at the same time.

You can't look at trics through those pictures. You need to go get a $4 60x jewelers loop.

The time to harvest is not something you can predict until you have a number of runs on a strain and have the growth cycle nailed. it is unlikely you had and ideal growth so it is unlikely the flowering time is typical.

Not a problem. the top of the plant is still growing while the bottom is maturing. This is why People train plant horizontally so that the whole plant will mature at the same time.

You can't look at trics through those pictures. You need to go get a $4 60x jewelers loop.

The time to harvest is not something you can predict until you have a number of runs on a strain and have the growth cycle nailed. it is unlikely you had and ideal growth so it is unlikely the flowering time is typical.

Yeah, I'm already outside the ideal 8 week flowering period. I do have a jewelers loop and I'm using it but it's hard to tell the difference between clear and cloudy trichomes. Do you have any tips that would benefit me when looking at the trichomes? Also, I know this would be an educated guess on your part but based on the pictures above I shouldn't have more than a week left before harvesting right? I mean I THINK the crystals are currently clear ....so in a week they should be at peak I'm thinking.... but i could be wrong.

Thank you for confirming that.

Still looking for more information regarding my rough ETA on harvesting. I don't want to mess this up this far in.

The only way to correctly estimate your harvest window is by checking trichomes. The only way to check trichomes is through some method of magnification. Either a basic jewelers loupe like mentioned above, or a more advanced usb microscope. Either way, we can see trichomes in the pictures uploaded, so we can't suggest a proper eta for harvest.

Here is an example of what you'll be looking for under the loupe.

420-magazine-mobile1649915210.jpg

:peace:

ALRIGHT GUYS! Yeah, I tried to get pictures of the trichomes and succeeded! Please let me know how much time you think I may have until harvest! I'm fucking stoked!!

IMG_084631.jpg

IMG_084331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom