First Grow Questions

MidwestZest

Plant has been in veg on 18/6 for 17 days now. and with how rapid it has been growing. first question could it be an auto I have no experience in telling the difference between photo and auto other then patience lol. just curious if somebody might be able to tell as she stands. second question Would I be correct to say these are pistils on the nodes confirming it’s female ?. And third question. should I make cuttings past the first node on these branches where my fingers are placed to ensure they grow back. plan on keeping this one no matter what. Possibly mother plant if all goes good. Thank you for reading much appreciated. Peace and Love.

8F0077C5-6FE4-4DB6-B024-1637656DDF0F.jpeg

4FC7FBE1-9D76-4F9F-B11B-000C4F6BAAAA.jpeg

FD96AC98-187D-45D0-9159-0CC2AB119080.jpeg

F4A66D25-F19B-4460-B148-81DE38BA499F.jpeg

5A384235-B7E6-4C01-A03C-8983DE1A4B02.jpeg

Hi, MidwestZest- I'll try and answer a few of your questions...

If it starts flowering under 18/6, usually around day 21, then it's an auto- if you have to adjust the light/dark hours to 12/12 to get it to flower, then it's a photo..not really any other way to tell.

No,those aren't pistils- those are stipules, all cannabis plants have 'em, but they aren't an indicator of sex...

Those little bulbous things in pic#2 (next to the stipules) are preflowers, but they're not developed enough yet to
determine male or female..tbh, it's looking a little bit male right now, but, like I said, too early to tell for sure...

And yes, that's where you'd make the cut- it won't actually grow back, but 2 new branches will emerge from the 2 leaf junctions below the cut.
You can also make the cut a little higher up on the branch- if you make the cut above the second node on the branch, 4 branches will sprout instead of just two.

Hope that helps you a bit!

Hi, MidwestZest- I'll try and answer a few of your questions...

If it starts flowering under 18/6, usually around day 21, then it's an auto- if you have to adjust the light/dark hours to 12/12 to get it to flower, then it's a photo..not really any other way to tell.

No,those aren't pistils- those are stipules, all cannabis plants have 'em, but they aren't an indicator of sex...

Those little bulbous things in pic#2 (next to the stipules) are preflowers, but they're not developed enough yet to
determine male or female..tbh, it's looking a little bit male right now, but, like I said, too early to tell for sure...

And yes, that's where you'd make the cut- it won't actually grow back, but 2 new branches will emerge from the 2 leaf junctions below the cut.
You can also make the cut a little higher up on the branch- if you make the cut above the second node on the branch, 4 branches will sprout instead of just two.

Hope that helps you a bit!
Yes it most certainly does I appreciate you reading and giving me some info and yes with the light cycles I figured I’d find out soon enough weather it was photo or not and more less for four new branches cut it closer to the main stalk? Once again thank you and happy growing !

more less for four new branches cut it closer to the main stalk? Once again thank you and happy growing !
No, you'd cut it further out on the branch, to include the next node on that branch.

edit* I should mention that this is usually done earlier, when the branches are a lot shorter...

Here ya go:
1610133656781.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom