First Grow! Stealth Stereo Cabinet CFL Bagseed Attempt

Also, forgot to mention in the picture above. I have the thermometer on the back right of the cab measuring the air that has blown across the lights for a 'high' sort of range. I have greatly reduced temps by keeping my door cracked recently, haven't seen 90 in awhile. (crosses fingers) But that little 4" fan blows across all 3 lights keeping it real cool right in the area the plant is growing.

I will post up some more pictures soon, just wanted to update on temps/humidity now that I have been able to observe them for awhile.

The temps seem to sit around 85 with the lights on and my door vented. If I seal my cabinet it will reach low 90s so I tend to leave it open. With the lights off the temps seem to average 77 with ambient room temp of ~75. The humidity levels seem to stay between 60 and 70% but I have seen extremes on either side as well.

Xena is filling in real nicely, thanks for the comments about the LST Reefa Cheefa and 0115790.

Same old same old with the others unfortunately.

Okay, time for an update before I head to bed...

I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do with my plants while I go on vacation and I think I may just give them to a friend and if they can keep em alive while I am gone I will give em some of the yield. But until then I will just keep updating.

Xena is doing her thing and blowing up with growth. The 2 lowest side branches have stems almost comparable to the main cola in thickness. She is a little yellow still but I am trying to introduce nutes now that I think I have my problem fixed. More on that later.

P1020834_Medium_.JPG

Ayasha is actually showing noticeable growth and the new growth is sticking up. :)

P1020839_Medium_.JPG

Pandora's clone is showing improved growth as well. I have made a major change and attribute this change to the health increase. I have been using bottled water instead of tap water, I KNOW the ppm of Ca is super high in my water and I can't be 100% sure of the pH without a decent tester so I have been using bottled water again. Everyone seems to love it! :morenutes:

P1020841_Medium_.JPG

I have also changed my ventilation and exhaust around a little bit so I will try to explain my ventilation here:

I have a generic PC fan linked to my DIY carbon scrubber that dampens air flow by a ton so it probably isn't pushing the most air. It is 12v DC and I think 0.7 amps. I can feel a slight bit of breeze from it though, so it does pull a little bit. I also have a video card blower fan pushing a bit of air out the front over the top light. Not sure on CFMs again but it was off an nVidea 6800 Ultra, anyways I also have a 4" personal fan as my main form of air circulation and cooling at the moment. I use it to blow air over the leaves and lights at the same time and have my thermometer measuring the temperature of the air after it has passed over the lights to give me a 'max' temp.

P1020838_Medium_.JPG

And finally, a picture of some 'Pineapple' I got from a friend. Said it was straight from a CA dispensary. Has a pungent skunky fruity aroma with a little pine. Doesn't actually taste much like pineapple but it does have the same effect on your mouth with the sweet and sourness. Really interesting and has a great high, perfect mix of indica and sativa and lasts a good while. 2-3 hours and I am still feeling great.

P1020817_Large_.JPG

Congrats on the improvement on Ayasha. I'm rooting for her. I wish I could adopt your plants while you're on vacay, lol. One of the people I gave some seeds to already asked me to adopt their baby. Have fun.

hey DJ, looking good, just read through it,, sorry about the male at first,, but you turned him into a learning experience.. :) keep beating him up.. :hookah:

your cab looks great too, for about 13 bucks, you can get a 85cfm pc fan from newegg, (the ones I got for my veg cab) may give you a boost on the carbon scrubber..

I would be most happy to plant-sit for you,, but I think I may be a bit far.. like the opposite side of the country..lol

nice work on the cab, looks great, :goodluck:

Thanks Herb Zen! Unfortunately unless some preflowers show up soon I am not going to even be able to tell if Xena or Ayasha are females since I don't have enough time to take a clone anymore. I am trying to decide between dropping her into some long dark cycles a few days before I leave and see if I can notice anything or just keep them vegging and hoping they make it for a month. Any ideas? I guess not knowing if it is a male or female would make the separation/possible loss easier to handle ;)

how long you gonna be gone for? how long you got before you have to go? a month of veg, and those will be monsters,, probably way too big for your cab... unless your plant-sitter can also tie them up while you are gone :)

I am leaving on July 11th, less than a week. So I am not too worried as I plan to do it much better when I do come back. FFOF instead of MG soil as well as monitoring equipment for pH/TDS. I am going to be gone for 5 weeks so if I can find someone to take care of them I will just hope for the best and if she does survive and end up being female I will probably use her as a mother and take clones then flower those.

Went to the store today and picked up some Epsom salt to balance the Ca from the tap water I had used. Watered with a solution of it and will see how the ladies look in the morning.

I also got a little crazy earlier and decided to have some fun. I went against my own advice I usually give people of not cutting fan leaves that are fine. There were a couple yellowed out fans that I removed then I didn't like how the plant looked so I took off half the bottom of the plant to let some branching grow.

Here is what Xena looks like:
P1020848_Medium_.JPG

P1020849_Medium_.JPG

P1020851_Medium_.JPG

(the really dried leaf is from the clone of Pandora)

Another picture of Ayasha from today.
P1020852_Medium_.JPG

And Pandora's clone.
P1020853_Medium_.JPG

I also had a buddy come by today and give me his bubble bucket setup. Probably a ~3 gallon res and some hydroton and net pots. Is there a good way to sterilize hydroton? It was in his garage for awhile. Also he has an armoire with mylar and a light mount all set up he will let me have if I want. Going to check it out tomorrow hopefully.

:blunt:

Okay, I have been baking with some friends so a bit under the influence but here goes.

:tokin:

Here are a few pics from earlier today, I want to take a picture right now but lack the effort to move away from my keyboard.

Reverse order this time because it's a good night.

Clone of Pandora, [ shall hence forth be known as PandoraII ]:
I chopped off all the fans leaves that were old growth and he is growing out well. Really dark purple stems, could be deficiency but I want to say this strain has a little bit already. <shrug>
P1020862_Medium_.JPG

Ayasha:
I want to say she looks like an actual plant now instead of a little bump. Still tiny but I guess it is still alive :)
P1020863_Medium_.JPG

Xena:
She is taking off, here she is covered in droplets of water from the top. ;)
P1020867_Medium_.JPG

Side view with the others in back. FYI the succulent cactus is named Beanie.
P1020868_Medium_.JPG

I have excellent news! My friend gave me his old grow cab and it is awesome. I will attempt to explain it but pretty toasted so bare with :cool:

It is a little rough around the edges but I will clean it up and make it mine when I get back. What should I clean it with and I plan to salvage the Mylar and reattach. The cabinet is made out of a durable but pretty light weight plastic and is already lined with Mylar. Unfortunately it isn't the nicest job I have seen of Mylar being put up. I can't wait to get to redo and add things. :)

It also has 5" vent holes drilled out in perfect spots and chains to hang a light. The dimensions are roughly 6' tall x 2' wide x 18" deep and I am going to see how light proof it is tomorrow. I may spray paint the whole thing black when I get back from the vacation. Here are a few pics of the cab and the DWC bucket. Also gave me a bit of hydroton and pH chems.

P1020875_Medium_.JPG

Top vent from inside and out.
P1020876_Medium_.JPG

P1020879_Medium_.JPG

Side vent inside and out view.
P1020877_Medium_.JPG

P1020878_Medium_.JPG

And then a few pictures with the DWC tub.
P1020883_Medium_.JPG

P1020884_Medium_.JPG

P1020886_Medium_.JPG

I will put up an update tomorrow before I take my plants to the friend's.

It is 4:20 so I will leave you with a toke. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom