First Grow

markman2012

so this is my first grow ever ive got it on 24hr lighting right now just pulled my first one out of greenhouse style contationer so a picture says a thousend words so here they are questians ill answer will post more picks as stuff happens
Two seeds that have cracked just planted today
PIC-0045.jpg

Top view of sprouted plant
PIC-0044.jpg

side view
PIC-0043.jpg

Whole Grow Box
PIC-0042.jpg

pics were taken with phone so sorry for shitty quality
SackSeeds Germinated in a Camel Snuss can over my apple 21 inch studio display with papertowl method
only have one cfl right now need to get opne more atleast probally just get a 1 to 2 spliter for the socket

Re: First Grow =) _\|/_

would just raising the pot up closer to the light be allright , cause my light is kinda stationary >_< im wanting to build a box out of a old deepfreeze just gotta get a old burnt out deepfreeze first im glad to see someone responded to my grow log cause im like a fish out of water here im a wine maker ^_

I agree with dollabill1 you can actually have the light an inch to 2 away from the plant that way you wont have any streching, i would also recommend you having more lights and some ventilation

see that box is actually a pionear steareo box from back in the day two section i have a fan in the top section providing ventolation , i have moved Mr.Woodcock about 2 inches from the CFL im useing for the area im thing two CFL would do allright, but again im a WineMaker so im venturing to uncharted Terriotry here

update for those who care to look
got rid of one plant it wasent healthy saw a lil tiny greenbug on it so i axed it
here are updated pics
PIC-0047.jpg

PIC-0048.jpg

PIC-0049.jpg

threw anopther CFL in there and it seems to be doing really good

^ Agreed. They look good.

guess noone is to interested in my grow

Sorry. It's not that anyone isn't interested. Please don't be discouraged. I'm here, and I'm following. ;-)

Is there any way you can get rid of the foil on the walls? It can create hotspots on your plants causing a burn. You can use mylar or even the white cardboard for reflecting light. It's much less harsh.

im gonna dover it with some photo paper im trying to get ahold of a broken deepfreeze and convert it to a grow box ive got over 75% of it covered with the shiny side of photopaper right nowoh yeah and i installed a exhuast fan in it also to keep the temp in check

Is there any way you can get rid of the foil on the walls? It can create hotspots on your plants causing a burn.

Or at least flip it over so the dull side is out.

You can use mylar or even the white cardboard for reflecting light. It's much less harsh.

im gonna dover it with some photo paper im trying to get ahold of a broken deepfreeze and convert it to a grow box ive got over 75% of it covered with the shiny side of photopaper right nowoh yeah and i installed a exhuast fan in it also to keep the temp in check

I have always heard flat white paint instead of glossy because flat doesn't give hot spots. I would assume that applies to foil and photo-paper as well.

Oh, and on the photo paper, cardboard, poster board, etc. We've all been there, and it is better than nothing. But you can shine a light through this stuff (ok, a bright light lol) and so my thinking is that what gets through isn't coming back. Consider visiting your local paint store and getting some bright flat white paint (titanium seems to be the brightest). Depending on your wall material you might need a little bit of good primer too (a coat of primer and a coat of paint beats two - or three - coats of paint). The stuff is cheap in pints/quarts although usually a lot more economical in gallons. Oh and also depending on your wall material you might need to scuff it up ("knock the shine off of it") with some sandpaper.

CFLs can produce great bud, a romp through the Completed Journals forum will show that. And while they're not nearly as efficient as a 600- or 400-watt HPS, and don't seem to penetrate as well... You can't buy a big HPS light a little bit at a time over a few weeks like you can buy a few CFLs and cheap sockets/adaptors a week.

Hope you snag the deep freeze, those make solid boxes. Good luck with your grow. You've certainly picked the place to go for help and "socialness," there are a lot of people here who've gone on the journey you've set yourself upon that can provide tips and answers should the need arise.

on the deepfreeze i hope i do to thats gonna be sick when i get one theres not a whole lot of room in the box i h ave right now its a old pioneer stereo case with two sections and a glass front door ive done about as good a job as i can do with it for now if i get me a broken deepfreeze i can run light sockets under the plastic trim and run the wireing between the insolaton and plastic trim and as there allready white inside no need to paint or cover i wonder how many cfl's i would need for a project like that

just a update hotglue and cardboard are wonderful things ,so i took some of the foil down im gonna be covering the cardboard with white paper oh yeah and did i forget to mention, i now have 8 leaves and 2 new coming in ill post some pictures tommorow

Looking good. It looks like we started our grows about the same time. I'm looking forward to the pics.

-Sol

got rid of alot of the foil and replaced with flat white paper hot glued to cardboard hot glued my exhuast setup to the back side of the card board will be covering the rest of the foil up with flat white paper tommorow and probally add a extra cfl or maybe 2 this weekend or next weekend
100_5804.JPG

sorry for the blurry picture ill get my wife to take the picture next time shes much better at that then i am
100_5807.JPG

Back
Top Bottom