First Harvest - Woo Hoo!

thehitman

Well-- the day has finally arrived! I cut down my girls and dried the bud in my cardboard box with strings across the top. After several days it was dry enough to finish trim and bottle the buds.

My crop came in at about one oz of dry bud per plant - not a heavy yield - but boy oh boy, the quality just blows my socks off! :Rasta:

The first hit blasted me right between the eyes, and the taste is amazingly smooth and not harsh at all! This is a success that will be repeated many times I hope.

The success is due to a large degree, the knowledge shared by the members of this forum - thank you to all who contribute to this board and assist us newbies with the learning curve!! :Namaste:

I think the future yields will be improved by larger pots, better soil and perhaps an upgrade to my lighting.

The Grow:
the girls - Pineapple Express (mostly sativa I think) about 30" tall at finish
soil - just top soil from the nursery
pots - just 8" plastic pots
nutes - mostly Botanicare products
lights - veg T8's/ flower 600W HPS
fans - 24hr
water - the well - flushed last week plain water

Re: First Harvest - Woo Hoo!!!

Good job Hitman feels good doesn't it ???? It's a high all on it's own to finally see what all your hard work and stressing has turned into I just love my harvest time get too excited sometimes and wanna chop early. But it's such a great feeling to sit there in front of what you put your time and energy into. :bravo:

thanks guys - I am still impressed by the quality of the smoke - the smoothness is something that I have never experienced before, is most home grown in soil normally very smooth and non harsh, in comparison to street bought??

If so, I am a convert!

good on you man,congrats on the achievement.

your labor is the sweet tasting smoke you are feeling

its called satisfaction,and It comes at every harvest.

:volcano-smiley:

Congrats hit man. Next time try 2 plants under that 600 hps . If you have any questions on how to get to a Qp,hp or above on that girl
Look at my setup. I'll help anytime day or night that I can

Congrats welcome to best hoppy,passion,job,or lifestyle out there

Props on the first grow. I hope you cut some clones, much cheaper than seeds and quality control out the ying yang . I love Botanicare , best bang for the buck out there in MHO. Stick around this forum and you will be amazed at what you will learn and IMPROVE YOUR NEXT GROW :bravo::Rasta:.

thanks gleeman, yes clones have become a staple. I also have some new varieties from seed that I will try out. Hope they are girls!

The Botanicare has worked well for me, the guy at the hydro store called it "forgiving" and recommended it to me as a rookie. I also use some seaweed/fish produce.

It's the best feeling in the world Kola, lol, well almost the best! I'm about 2 weeks from harvest and it's always hard to wait, I did have a side branch break on me 2 weeks ago so I dried it up and smoked it, was very smooth and hit pretty hard so can't wait til the final product, it's northern lights #1.

Back
Top Bottom