first hydro grow any tips?

Forza667

So i have always been an avid SOIL grower and I just got a hydro system but I know very little about the process I bought a couple books to learn before I invest any time on it. The system will be a recirculating system. But im not sure do I leave it running indefinitely? Or is there an appropriate time frame of off n on? And do you flush the system every 10 days as suggested?

Sorry I'm so lost on this process.

Hi im in the same boat as you, im a soil grower just done the change. There are many new things you need to get, have you got a blue turncheon to test your EC? or a ph meter? they are essental for this method. Im using NFT and my babies have been on the table a week now. I run my feed constanly but i am told you can shut off for short periods of time as long as your grow mediam dose not dry out. Only do this in veg up untill the first to weeks of flowering it gives the roots a chance to search for there source off food and follow, personlly i have only swiched mine off during the night period for a couple of hours but my system allows me to do so. What brand of nutes have you got? i havent been advised to flush every 10days, just change your nute solution every 7-14 days with a fresh batch of food for your babies. Use your blue truncheon to cheak your nutes in your solution. Your find that your have to keep topping it up as they will be sucking the life out of it. Make sure your PH is right its important, and take care in mixing your solution, if your using A and B they have to be mixed one at a time do not do them together. eg 10 liter you would mix 25% of that with A 25% with B seperatly mix well and then add them together leave to mix with a pump for a while then 25% adds and the last 25% use to get your PH right i hope this helps.

More info on your system would be a good idea huh?

Pics could help also. There are lots of "hydro systems" out there so nobody can give you a great answer if we don't know what kind of hydro you're doing.

Sorry been swap @ work. It's a stealth hydro system ill add a pic here shortly also my sappling was standing erect @ 5 inches tall and recently just fell limp...
I'm not sure what's going on but the growth rate was insanely fast. I'm using a compost tree bark plug water ph is 6 according to my strip.
I'll add a pic of its current status, btw im growing legally I have my growers card :)

This is what I was referring too... And use the other holes are normally covered to avoid light entering.
The steam and 4 leaves were a green, not lime but now its lime and white... and droopy...
The system is a Stealth Hydro ------------, any advice is greatly appreciated this is all new too me, cousin said it should make growing easier but HA! I need to learn the system before that can be judged.

Back
Top Bottom