First Journal: Started Hella Late But Here We Are

Very nice @JermsIsBaked I too have a grow i started with MG also. Only thing I have been feeding is tap water during veg and bud juice micro nutes just before i started flower and everything has been great during the entire grow, she will be harvested in another 2 weeks or so. My perpetual grow however I changed things up a bit and have 5 clones growing in ff happy frog now using the entire bud juice line and i have to say I am impressed so far. I dont think MG is all that bad privided you don't go crazy adding tons of extra nutes to it early on...save that for flowering and do it carefully. Good luck on the rest of your grow man.

Ill be posting updates daily and almost every update will have pictures so stick around yall to see how i do with zero nutes whatsoever throughout this grow
Cool! I have a few plants in last year's miracle grow soil that are keeping pace with those in promix/compost/cow manure concoction.

Do you have a reason for a no fertilizer grow, just an experiment? I have an outdoor walmart / dollar store sourced grow happening.

Also this may sound dumb, but come harvest time im gonna need some help as it will be my first harvest lol, help as in like, how long do i hang it upside down in my grow area for? Lighting? When should i trim all the sugar leaves off once ive snipped my babies? Shit like that, just all the basics, i know RH needs to be 55-65 which is what its at already and it will remain there, how long do i cure for? I know you gotta burp the jars for 10-20 minutes daily i believe, but how many days/weeks do i do that before its ready to be smoked?
Start searching here in the forum, I have a great link to low & slow curing info in my signature, someone has likely made a tutorial with the step by step info you're after.

Cool! I have a few plants in last year's miracle grow soil that are keeping pace with those in promix/compost/cow manure concoction.

Do you have a reason for a no fertilizer grow, just an experiment? I have an outdoor walmart / dollar store sourced grow happening.

Start searching here in the forum, I have a great link to low & slow curing info in my signature, someone has likely made a tutorial with the step by step info you're after.
No no reason for no fertilizer, just simply wanna see how good of quality i can get with none at all and on the next grow i will be using nutes and spending all the moneys on it lol,

No no reason for no fertilizer, just simply wanna see how good of quality i can get with none at all and on the next grow i will be using nutes and spending all the moneys on it lol,

You do you, 4 photos and a plan to grow them with water will work, right.
If they were mine, for about $20 I would top up the soil (the clay pots look half full), & from walmart grab MG or Schultz 10-15-10 whichever was cheaper. I would leave one to grow with water and give the other 3 plants what they need to thrive.
I am cheap, impulsive and don't want to wait for the next grow to see what I could grow now.
I am also on my first grow, run with your plan! :goodluck:

Several people who were on a budget (or experimenting) have used Osmocote Plus as their plant nutrient. This time of year, you might find a bottle of it for $1.99 at your local ChinaMart, and a little goes a long way. It's a dry product, little balls ("prills"), so it's easy to use and not messy, you just mix it into your soil before planting or into the top inch or three if it's an established plant. But it's a time release fertilizer, so it's probably not a product that you'd want to wait until you see your plants starving to decide to use.

Here's a thread about its use on cannabis plants:

This isn't meant to be a "glowing recommendation" for the product, just a mention of something that's cheap and usable. I've given quantities of the stuff away to people who didn't have much of anything (including "a clue" ;) ) - and they managed to make it to harvest day without killing their plants. Er... Due to nutrient-related issues, I mean.

You do you, 4 photos and a plan to grow them with water will work, right.
If they were mine, for about $20 I would top up the soil (the clay pots look half full), & from walmart grab MG or Schultz 10-15-10 whichever was cheaper. I would leave one to grow with water and give the other 3 plants what they need to thrive.
I am cheap, impulsive and don't want to wait for the next grow to see what I could grow now.
I am also on my first grow, run with your plan! :goodluck:
Yeah i didnt plan for that much soil lol, but as of right now im jobless and cant afford much, i would like to top them off trust me, but for now since theyre getting closer to finishing im just gonna make sure i do right for the next grow

Ok guys its been a couple of days since i last posted an update, but here yall go, i watered them yesterday, i just water when they feel light and its done good so far so why change it you know, anyways they are looking healthy still, i have one that just started really showing and shes looking good so far, heres some pics, the first on will be on the one that just started to show, she smells like bubblegum so im not sure what strain it could be lmao
44809D36-424C-4008-B638-2B4E2E184545.jpeg
6A06ADD9-21B4-4029-8089-BDA784C9FCD3.jpeg
0159769B-19ED-437C-9C91-51979A83805A.jpeg
2E9C4AA5-529D-481E-A5E9-1124B3DD9EEE.jpeg
77793BB3-5D7B-473B-9062-A0A7CDF607F8.jpeg

Nice! Sorry to hear jobless, that can take the wind out of your sails...

These weeds will usually grow period. It is how you fulfull their current needs during their development. Meeting their needs you may see the biggest payoff, at least that is my take.

This link is like an instruction manual, someone has documented their trials and it could spare us repeating those.
:goodluck:

Nice! Sorry to hear jobless, that can take the wind out of your sails...

These weeds will usually grow period. It is how you fulfull their current needs during their development. Meeting their needs you may see the biggest payoff, at least that is my take.

This link is like an instruction manual, someone has documented their trials and it could spare us repeating those.
:goodluck:
That link is stupid helpful! Thank you so much for that

So whats everyone thinking so far? Anything i need to look more into? Or anything that looks concerning going on? Lmao
I think you're doing an amazing job my friend, especially for the materials used on your grow. People like yourself inspired me to start growing.

Im using a phlizon light thats not too big and should only be able to do 3 plants but i got lucky with four because they were all photoperiod seeds that werent feminized
I've seen them, those blurple lights can produce some nice veg and help in flowering. I'm glad I upgraded before flowering really went into full effect, 6 weeks of good lights turned my grow around. I've doubled that and I'm about to go for one of their longer setups made for a 3x5. I'm getting great coverage and production and have spent no more than I would've on a regular mh/hps system.
Does that light have some COB leds ya know the big chips? You can use floodlight LEDs that screw right into a regular sockets, get a warm and a cool 35w. They are almost a complete enclosed COB by themselves and dont get anywhere near as hot as a regular floodlight though they are quite heavy and so very bright.
20201011_104136.jpg

20201011_104148.jpg

It's a sealed unit and the diffuser isnt ideal, a single concentrator lense would be best, but this thing helped me out on the cheap end.

I've seen them, those blurple lights can produce some nice veg and help in flowering. I'm glad I upgraded before flowering really went into full effect, 6 weeks of good lights turned my grow around. I've doubled that and I'm about to go for one of their longer setups made for a 3x5. I'm getting great coverage and production and have spent no more than I would've on a regular mh/hps system.
Does that light have some COB leds ya know the big chips? You can use floodlight LEDs that screw right into a regular sockets, get a warm and a cool 35w. They are almost a complete enclosed COB by themselves and dont get anywhere near as hot as a regular floodlight though they are quite heavy and so very bright.
20201011_104136.jpg

20201011_104148.jpg

It's a sealed unit and the diffuser isnt ideal, a single concentrator lense would be best, but this thing helped me out on the cheap end.
Those are excellent lights to use i can certainly attest to that. I have 6 smaller ones for my 2'x2'x3' veg box 23 watts each from the wall and they do a fantastic job in the first few weeks of veg.

Alright guys more pics incoming, got a sick ass shot of a bud today, and also will post some of my light setup so yall know what im running
A3143FE7-EE11-48ED-BA6D-9798C2AAE757.jpeg
BF9EB838-8635-49EF-9790-D9EAB0DD2C8B.jpeg
5713E8A1-0C34-4C8F-87EF-C8C6A6D858D0.jpeg
51541568-AA6E-449C-8637-F47E42A14CCE.jpeg
D5F1088A-0B02-433D-ACB8-E32CC1674D6B.jpeg
Nice! @JermsIsBaked I actually started with that same light, found it was good for veg and gave me a decent harvest on my first grow but then the bug caught ahold of me and now I'm onto a new venture with some new lights to hopefully take my harvests much further. Keep doing what you're doing man.

Cheers!

Ok guys, havent really given an update of my other two babys so here they are, i got the seed from what i was told was gorilla glue #4 but im not so sure what the strains are tbh, but they are looking amazing tbch, anyways here they are as of right now also i know the fans dirty, lmao so please dont bash me for it
7B6BFF40-538B-4E98-A2DE-CBEF53BD73CE.jpeg
E8A02793-CBB1-4FF0-B32F-83034B037346.jpeg
754ACC5B-987F-46E6-9D3A-7C245D080890.jpeg
0D9A638E-AE6E-4602-94F9-A5B464E082FD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom