First time at trying a grow

gazmufc

So my sativa plant(no idea what strain) has been budding for 6 weeks under a 400hps.. I MUST cut it down at about the 8 week mark due to family coming home.(really pissed that I am not going to get to reach this all so much talked about "last two week bud swelling period") My question is, will it be shit to smoke if I harvest a little early? I have been keeping close eye on it.. only about 10% amber hairs.. hoping it will be at least still ok to have a bit of weed to smoke at the end of it.. P.S I know there will be many screaming "just leave the darm thing till its done the 10-12 weeks. But I just cant :-( some advise at what sort of weed I should expect would be nice.
thank you folks :)

WILL POST WEE PIC TAMARA WHEN THE SUN COMES UP :)

Being sativa I would expect a real heady, buzzy kind of high, while it will be early for a sativa, the fact that you already have some amber trichomes is a good thing as it indicates some level of maturity in parts of your lady. What you want to see is that most of the trichomes are cloudy not clear. Clear trichomes are not fully mature and will not give you the full high your lady can produce. Cloudy trichomes are at the peak of maturity so maximizing the cloudy trichomes is your goal and hopefully you have at least more cloudy than clear trichomes by harvest time. :goodluck:

EDIT: After reading DrTentgrow's reply, I realized that the OP said amber hairs not trichomes. D'oh!! 10% amber hairs is less mature than I was thinking when I thought it was trichomes. If you must, you must, but it will more than likely be too soon. It will give you a high but it probably won't be a intense or long lasting as its full potential.

You say you don't know the exact strain so do you know if its all sativa or a hybrid? you might be lucky and it might have a fair amount of indica in it, like ColoradoHigh said the fact it is showing amber hairs is a good sign especially at 6 weeks I think you will be fine. I have had a 80% sativa 20% indica strain fully muture in nine weeks.

Thank you very much guys for the info, Im new here, really bunch of friendly people here thank yous :) I took some pictures this morning, plz let me know ur thoughts. thanks
01012014270.jpg
01012014270.jpg

Camers picutres not the best folks sry!! I was saying this is my first time :) I am well happy at how it is growing so far. I know I should of put it in bigger tube. The buds are so so sticky to touch and smell is so sweet, I can hardly wait to try it. At 25euro a gram were I come from, i can no longer afford to buy, so I am like a kid waiting for santy to come at the moment :)!! .. Im just hopeing when I cut it down in 2 weeks that I will get at least a ok high.. Im feeding it iguAna bloom organic, I have abeen reading that there is no need to flush organic bloom if u do a good cure? what do yous think about that?

Judging on the pictures you will definitely have good smoke and by looking at the height and width of the blades on the leaves they are not 100% sativa if any thing they look a bit more on the indica side, you are doing well my friend, Cinderella will go to the ball and will be high :)

Music to my ears!! thankyou very much for help. such a joy to watch this plant grow, and the smell..oh my :) hopefully one day when I move into my new flat, I can have a set up like yours DR T.. I have also subbed u on youtube, very nice set ups u have done.. the wee closet grow was bloody sweet! One last question buddy.I HAVE BEEN FEEDING HER 100%ORGANIC IGAUNA BLOOM SINCE BUDDING, SHOULD I STILL FLUSH, SAY THE LAST WEEK WITH PURE WATER? HAVE BEEN READING SOME SAY WITH ORGANIC FEED IT NOT AS IMPORTANT TO FLUSH, AS USING OTHER nutrients. jUST CURIOUS WHAT U THINK ON THIS MATTER? thank you again for the help :)

I'm glad you are happy with your grow now and I am always happy to help, thank you for the compliments. In regards on if you flush or not I would be about as unsure as you when using organic nutrients but if it were chemical nutrients you would be looking at a 10-14 day flush so maybe go half way and go for a 7 day flush like you said.

Thank you for taking the time to commet on my post sir. I greally appreciate any input. nice to hear folks say it will still be decent to smoke.. was getting worried that I have been looking after her all this time, only to loose out on bit of decent bud to smoke cos I gotta chop early. BUt now having come on here and asking,I feel much better. IF only I had of come on here form the start lol :)

With the flushing question. I would still flush. You want your plant to use up all of the nutrients she has stored in her buds and leaves, whether it's organic or chemical. Organic nutes can have a funky taste in the bud. If you are chopping in 2 weeks I would suggest stopping all feeding and let her finish up. Maybe water a little heavy the first week and then let her kinda dry out the next. I will be using a flushing tea this grow for the first time. It consist of a over load of micro life and fungus that will devour everything that's left in my soil(nutrients that is) so that the plant can flush nicely. Hope this helps. Looks like some supper fat nugs you got. Should be a good smoke even if it's early!!!

Happy new year!!!

Thank you for ur input.. it has helped. think I will start flushing tamara :) Im new on here, and to growing. As usuall with smokers, every one very nice and helpful.. looking through ur and other guys channels, what yous have grown, has blown my mind lol Such a learning curve. But that is also fun :) will post another wee pic in few week to show u guys how it turned out. in the meantime I am having fun reading this web as much as I can. thank you again sir ;-)

week 9 into flowering and I had to chop.. just thoguht Id psot an update, what yous think?
14012014302.jpg

have been reading that putting sheets of paper helps while dryign out.. whats your thoguths on this? thanks.
14012014300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom