First time attic room build and grow

Reckless

hey guys have decided im gonna do a journal as its my first time an all. Im still trying to get to grips with this computer stuff but its getting better so bare with me .all advice would be greatly appreciated as i really am going in blind. i have picked up a good few ideas and have started to purchase all the necessary equipment. im doing a loft build and have started the insulation process. ive already laid down some flooring 8ft x 8ft with extra beams laid underneath for reinforcment and just need to board everything else up. Will get pics up as soon as i can figure it all out.Im using a growell nft 400 grow set up in my veg room and i think ill use double tube flourecent lighting and in my flowering room i want to use a wilma 4 pot flood an drain system and a 400w hid.im not even sure im using the right jargon but jus stuff ive picked up as i go along. im building a two room frame with each room about a metre square and intend to vent out through the chimney its all still early stages and needs a lot more planning but im really keen and im already enjoying the work also ive never made anything or laid floors or insulation etc etc so feel free to laugh at my dodgy handywork although i have to say we have already noticed the difference in the house in terms of warmth and im nowhere near finished yet anyway its all real exciting and i cant wait to get growing. Hope to hear from ya all soon many thanks :ganjamon:

im not even sure im using the right jargon
close enough
flowering room i want to use a wilma 4 pot flood an drain system and a 400w hid.
HPS and MH are the two types HIDs :cheesygrinsmiley:
vent out through the chimney
may not need too much work, they do naturally draw :cheesygrinsmiley:
and if it don't just increase the positive air pressure in the room

Get a temp gauge that records your highs and lows.
May need some A/C for flowering.

Welcome to the BrotherHood :bong:

Thanks for the comments Damagoman im not sure i understood about the chimney im just real paranoid about the heat signature...ive nearly finished insulating but have so many questions about whether or not i should insulate my actual grow room as well...its also freezing up here and after ive finished ive got a feeling its still gonna be cold but i think i should finish the loft insulating first before i get too ahead of myself.so many questions so little time lol i will post pics as soon as i get my camera back so you can see what im doing.

Good luck with your grow! I'll be following this one! :rollit:

not sure i understood about the chimney

If the chimney is open, flue open, it will naturally draw air out of the room.
Except for thew warmer air near the ceiling.
Therefore pulling in fresh air without any effort or gear.

To increase the amount that goes out,
increase the pressure in the room, pull air into the room
Or hookup an exhaust to the chimney and blow out what ever you need.
Be sure to watch the smell.

im just real paranoid about the heat signature.
you really don't have much to worry about till you get over 2000 watts of lights running.
Install shielding :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks guys your help is really appreciated i think Deans right on and i need to plan a bit better....Damagoman i think i understand what you mean about the chimney in my case the chimneys already causing me probs..i think ive got a birds nest up there i need to have a clearout might get the whole thing swept...or to be honest perhaps a better place to vent in an out would be through the roof??? i think the air around the grow room when complete will not be fresh enough if that makes any sense but i have no idea whats good, ok or acceptable. ive read that some people vent from inside because there worried about bugs and disease whereas others prefer out for whatever reasons...i have so much to learn :) i get my camera back tommorow or so my wife informs me so ill take some shots of the attic space so you can see my situation

Ok im still having problems with uploading pics but my brothers coming up next week so he will figure it out for me...and also ive just been told by my builder mate i need to reinforce my attic floor properly quite a godsend really cause i was heading for the old grow room crashing through the roof scenario..... as i imagine most people would be just interested in the grow room rather than all the loft insulation buisness i will resume this journal when i can upload pics and when im ready to build the actual thing....so far the loft has cost me around 300 pounds but all the work is necessary if im to do what i want to do so ill get back to yall in a couple of weeks...thx

attics r cool

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom