First Time Closet Grow - July 2009

daydrimin, I started off my nutes with a 1/4 strength then moved to 1/2 strength, then threw in a feeding with full strength and my girls handled it just fine. Ive had some yellowing of the lower leaves earlier in the grow, but since I've started with the full strength nutes that hasn't been a problem yet. so hopefully its just a deficiency thats not a prob anymore. haha

Hey congrats on the girls im a newb by the way if didn't solve that problem with the reflector u can use helium balloons they are basically mylar when in side out thats the only in put I got hope it helps good luck I,ll be watching

youve topped one of yr girls man, when i done it on my last grow i crapped myself (Lol). I see youve got a double stem girl i had a w/rhino like that n it gave me the best bud out of 7plants. it was very nice infact that i smoked it all in two days (1oz).
Are thinking of topping in the flower stage aswell coz theres two ways of doing it but i can only remember 1 ill see if i can find out somewhere.
ps nice grow how tall are they

thanks number 1 and fuuji! yeah I'm really glad the topping worked, both new stems look even stronger than the original one! I'm probably not going to top again just because this is a practice grow. I was actually thinking about just throwing them into 12/12 this week because they're about 10 inches tall, and I wont have enough light if they get too much taller.

Now I just need them to be girls and everything will be all fine and dandy!

quick update because college starts tomorrow! i took these pictures a few days ago but never uploaded them. both girls are doing just fine IMO. now i just need to figure out what bloom nutes i should get?! and suggestions?

here we goooo.
DSC0000816.jpg

at least 20 bud sites if female.
DSC0000213.jpg

allllllllll bud sites if they happen to be female... =)
DSC0000512.jpg

more to come soon!

The girls did a lot of growing this past week, (at least I think they did) and I'm officially turning back the lights to a 12/12 schedule.

Here's the last update of the Veg stage!
THE FIRST GIRL
DSC000522.jpg

I love my little girl. but I was thinking about bending her a little to save some space

DSC000553.jpg

2 main stems

DSC000572.jpg

The first main stem

DSC000532.jpg

The second main stem

DSC000564.jpg

LOTS of undergrowth. =)

THE SECOND GIRL

DSC000613.jpg

all her little shoots are reaching for the sky!

DSC000622.jpg

some of her leaves are deformed like this. makes me sad =(

DSC000605.jpg

always reaching for the sky!

okay... i cant get my timer to work. not good.

Okay so I got my timer to work I think. I don't know, will have to check out tomorrow. BUT I did decide to tie down the 2 main stems on the big girl because I wanted it to be a lot shorter because of the other one that was LST'd. So I have a couple of pics from that, more pics up tomorrow probably after a few days of 12/12!

a little bit of bondage. =)
DSC000659.jpg

She's already bending to the light after only a few hours!
DSC000686.jpg

thanks all, hopefully an update tomorrow!

Nice work dude! Your plants are coming along very well! I'm also digging on the US Navy poster in the back ground! It looks like you have the bondage under control! I myself was amazed at how quickly the plants started to redirect their growth patterns to the light once I started my LST.

Also, your deformed leaves look similar to the leaves I had a small mite infestations on. If those holes get bigger you should check under the leaves for the mites. You should be able to see them with your naked eyes if they are there. Just pluck them off and squish them!
DSC000622.jpg

Ill be back! Keep up the good work! plants are looking great! they must lovers you a lot!!!

thanks WRX I'll check that out tomorrow and report on that. I hope its not a might problem. its more of just deformed leaves.... there's not really holes, but a couple. maybe a combination of stress and mites? I dunno. I'll let you know tomorrow.

soz for not being on your journal lately, man there looking good, strong n healthy. i had too chop all of mine down they got ill really bad :( but looking at yours has cheered me up. goodluck :popcorn:

The twisting of the leaves could be a ph issue...or possibly a nutrient defficiency. I stongly recomend Technaflora's Pura Vida line of nutes. They are completely organic, but do not have the god awful rotten fish smell associated with most organic nute blends. I have used the grow and bloom formulas in my current grow, ammended with Indonisian bat guano. I mixed half the recomended amount into the soil and then made a guano tea to which I add Pura Vida stuff. The guano is very high in phos, which is driving some insane bud growth.

+rep Brother

Back
Top Bottom