First Time - DWC 5Gal - Grape Kush Seed - CFL Veg - LED Flower

Papa Burgandy

Hello Ladies & Gents. I want to first take time to thank this community. I have learned a ton of information of what an whatnot to do from this site and everyone involved. This is my first online recorded grow. I have grown in the past, a little over 4 years ago I quit to serve in the Army. I only grew outside in soil pots with all Fox Farm products. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will have a 6 plant outside grow again this season. Thats another journal though. The story of this journey is 2 months in now. The seed was found in a grape kush bud I purchased from a medical cannabis shop. I know it could possibly be some other strain but the bud was such a beautiful dark purple Indica , lush with crystals. So im sticking with it. I put said seed in a areo garden seed pod after emptying out the basil seeds ( lmao). I know what your all thinking at this point. Trust me it gets better ;)
So the seed sprouts. I go down to the local hydro shop to help support my towns economy. Pick up Dyna Gro to start out. Plant gets to about 10", to big for the areo garden, its moved in to 5 gal dwc with 6 inch net cup. Air pump, stone and 4 23w cfls bulbs an a reflector. Veg time! The bare minimum of supplies. I know. This is an experiment after all.
At two months the Grape kush seed is over 3 foot tall. Only using Dyna gro in tap water left in a blacked out cupboard and ph down sometimes. She shown signs up gender a week ago. She is beautiful for a cheap project. Oh she is in my laundry room as a house plant. No fancy setup.

Grape Kush seed vegged in CFL then will flower in LED soon.

Seed - Grape kush from a mmj bud.

Lights - 24/7 vegging now with 4 23w CFL + 16w cupboard light.( thought it looked cool with the dif. Color).

Humidity/temp - 35% to 60% 63-74F

Grow Space - about 6x4

Black 5g bucket w/ 10" net pot lid.
With hydrokorrels. No rock wool.

Air pump - active aqua 7.8 liters per min.

Air stone - 2 inch

6 inch cheapo clamp fan.

Nutes- I only use dyna gro- Liquid grow and mad farmer PH down. Thats it. Nothing else so far. I dont check my PPMs.

Water - tap water set out for at least 24 hours in all lightless location. I use liquid ph test drops. No Ph meter pen.

No vents besides open breeze from windows and just not having to stealth grow.

Well thats it. Criticism is welcomed as i get a laugh out of it. Im doing this for fun and thats exactly what it is. My wife works at a medical club. Smoke is not an issue. My next journal will be pretty impressive I believe as I will be spending my full time growing out doors this season. Note: This is not my first grow. I have had many successfully operated and some fail. Trial and error is the beautiful thing about this plant.. Pictures of the progress coming right after post.

Here the grape kush seed has sprouted and is under the mircle grow cfl the areogarden setup supplies. I took the basil seeds out of the mircle gro plug :) these pics are from march 1st 2015 the starting point.
20150308_115359.jpg

View image in gallery

Now I was wondering since im about to start my flowe with LED this next week sometime. Im going out to buy Dyna gro's Bloom, their cal-mag, their protekt product and their neem. My question or concerns I have are. Should I (SOG ) her before flower since she is 4 feet tall from the lid to the top growth? Or should i just let her roll and atring her up when it comes time to support the buds? Also I have roughly 150$ left after buying flowering nutes. I was thinking about purchasing the 300w galaxyhydro grow light from online. Ive done some research however any info or past experiences would greatly help me decide. Like I said before, flowering at the end of this week im going to spend 150$ on a light now and $200 on another LED light next payday.

Any info about using Dyna Gro for flowering and any experience with 300w LEDS OR HIGHER would be great. Thank you and Stay Classy.

So checked my account. I now have roughly 235$ to spend on a grow light to flower with. Ill have another 300$ next week for an additional grow light. So ill have to rethink on wich light I should purchase. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.

I am by no means an expert but I wouldnt "scrog" just because it should of been started way sooner so your canopy is would be even. She looks pretty open so I dont see a need for any lst either but that is all up to you buddy. On the SOG am I understand you want to chop her branches and wait for them to root? Now down to your light we need more info you only have one plant at the moment but its not one and done I'm sure. So lets think of how many plants you want to grow after your kush gets done? If you just want to grow one plant out at a time and about this size everytime I would get a atleast a 400 watt led panel with 5w diodes for penitration which is is well below your budget also they are full spectrum so you can use them for your next veg if wanted and they work wonders. Now dont take anything I said as more than just suggestions.

Thanks for your input Chuck. I have done research on LEDs for about a month now. I think you helped me with switching from 3 to 5 diodes. For the penetration. She wont stretch as much I believe. My monsters will be outside ;)

Yes im going to go with 5. Im about to do a reservoir dump/sanitize with new nutrients and water. I brought some DG protekt today which im adding to the mix. Time to flux the ppms i figured to get ready for flower. Ill post some pics of the cleanin to show roots. Also my power nap clone needs a swap also.

Thank you Chuck. Also againI thank the reps and people that provide a backbone for this wonderful community. I have decided to go with the 600w KIND LED. I also want subscriber's and growers of every corner of the map to reach out to your local hydro or gro shops. Just talk to them, get to know them. They more than likely are new to the grow world. However, they can be good friends and sponcers and will give you free trials and samples.
20150506_201035_2.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Decidd to prune and clone today with mx clone gel. Hum. Dome neutral ph'd the rockwool cubes in distliled water with protext. They are looking good.
20150507_162230.jpg
20150507_162309.jpg
20150507_162235.jpg
20150507_204023.jpg

What are your water temps like? I had two OG Holy Grail clones: one in 5 gallon DWC, and one in promix (peatmoss and perlite) But my DWC got the brown root slime and died....got sick..droopy...two days later...dead and crispy! That fast! Be careful, and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom