First time grow - Growth came to a halt - Need advice

If it was too close it would burn. Looks about right. Maybe a little slow. Because it's in such a large pot the roots may be growing in search of water. Maybe try spraying the top of the soil with water.
I planted a Strawberry Kush 4 days ago and this is what it looks like today.
420-magazine-mobile1960464780.jpg

So maybe a little slow on your end.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you!

Also starting another one after all the advice, research, and learning from the mistakes I made on the first one. Just waiting on my pH pen and pH adjusters.
Another question: with the right adjustments on light, does it seem feasible for me to grow a plant all the way from seed to harvest with just this one 300w led? I'm trying my best to strike the balance between precision and simplicity.

Sent from my XT1080 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you!

Also starting another one after all the advice, research, and learning from the mistakes I made on the first one. Just waiting on my pH pen and pH adjusters.
Another question: with the right adjustments on light, does it seem feasible for me to grow a plant all the way from seed to harvest with just this one 300w led? I'm trying my best to strike the balance between precision and simplicity.

Absolutely. Though LED manufacturers are huge liars. Often they quote their lamps at 300 watts when in all actuality, they use half that.
I grow 5 plants on ACTUAL 300 watt LED COBS with amazing results. 6 COBs at 50w each.
Growing one to three plants with a "300 watt" (advertised) will not be a problem.

You can always supplement lighting by adding a bulb like this and still keep your panel.
420-magazine-mobile64488006.jpg

i saw it same problem.
i try too much solution but very simple.
all plant needs nitrogen. no nitrogen no grow up.
where is nitrogen? in your urin. small pee and look 2 day later.

Pee is not an optimal choice although I have known people to use urine before for things (usually to change ph) I have never heard of anyone doing it for N. ANYWAYS in my opinion I think that urine can drastically affect your ph and might actually cause more trouble, n the long run but thats just my opinion.

Your soil should already have nitrogen in it and its not a wise idea to go overboard on anything while they are in seedling stage.

Also its been my understanding that autos are even more finicky when it comes to nutes and nute burn. Hope everything works out

Oh before I forget if you did go that route....do some research. If you just peed on them it would prob burn them. If you are going to use urine as fert theirs ways to do it and some studies you could go off.
But I strongly dont recommend that.

Im more on the wagon with the people who think shes overwatered and in transplant shock.
Autos dont take transplant as well as photos and the time it takes to recover will greatly affect your results

As said already,

Pot is very large for a seedling and wet soil will keep it cold and growth will crawl without the help of SOLAR illumination.

Don't pee on it, it has two little round leaves which feed it until the first 3 or 4 weeks of its life are reached.

Oh yea and urine will mess up your grow by altering the PH and salinity of your soil. Not to mention it stinks and bad bacteria will grow in it.

Haha thank you. I'll avoid urinating in my plant for now.

pH pen on the way. Ocean forest soil en route as well. I'll hold off on transplanting for a while for the next one and keep my fingers crossed on this one in the meantime.

I'll post pics of the next seedling a week after it breaks soil and compare results after all the changes.

"I transplanted too soon."

No you didn't. Roots outside of potting cups (visible) stunt the growth of the root and the plant. you transplanted at the right time.

"I didn't pick good soil."

any generic, barky or sandy well draining soil will do fine. I think you're stressing about a non-issue here. You could skip all the expensive specialized soils and just grow in miracle grow soil mix without issue. Seriously, it's not that critical.

"Stem is purple"

Lots of strains have purple stems, this isn't usually a sign of trouble. purple leaves are another matter.

"leaves look depressed and floppy"

You're probably overwatering or your soil doesn't have enough perlite type material in it to help it drain.

"growth has slowed down. The seed was germinated exactly eight days ago."

Early seedlings go through growth phases like this, right now your plant is probably busy developing it's root system, give it a few days.

420-magazine-mobile474145339.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1415102345.jpg

In case anyone was wondering where I was at. Tested my tap water's pH, and found that I've been using water with a high pH. Second picture just broke soil ~4 days ago. Also got some Fox farm soil I'm planning on experimenting with for comparison's sake.

420-magazine-mobile232373825.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1337559412.jpg

Hi all. Check out where I'm at. ~6 nodes high and showing pistils.

For anyone with auto flower experience:

Is this a bad time to start introducing veg. Nutrients in small amounts? Particularly fox farms' grow big?

Does the presence of pistils indicate I should start adding different nutrients like tiger bloom?

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom