First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

When you get back perhaps you could answer whether you thought covering them in bags to force flower caused or or contributed to the PM. I've toyed with the idea but haven't tried it yet, and might not after your experience. Peace.

Hi nwpassage. I honestly don't know about the PM. Where I live PM is a fact of life in vegetable gardens in late summer and early fall. It is a fact Life. The spores are probably everywhere. It will attack a plant that is dry or moist. But the girls didn't like being covered with the bags. If I did it again I would try to create a situation where the bags or plastic didn't touch the plant and have it so there was some air space at the top. I think whenever we are doing something unnatural to respond to what really was an emergency, there are risks and even trade offs involved. Thanks for stopping by. What is your situation?

Hi all. All three of the KG babies in containers are finally blooming in earnest. Here's the last one. KG3. She's the largest in the pots. These were taken day before yesterday. She is flowering finally. Today she is already showing some frost. The other two much more. One thing is bugging me on this one, KG3. Her lower leaves are fading in color to about half way up. New growth seems good, just slightly lighter than I would like. My plan is to write the lower leaf issue alone right now. Keep pushing the bloom and super bloom nutes as per schedule until and unless I see some nute burn from it. I would love any thoughts on that. Thanks all.

IMG_006364.JPG

IMG_006073.JPG

That spotty fading doesn't look like a typical nutrient deficiency to me, but no idea what it is. Inspect very closely (at least 15X magnification) for pests.

And last, but certainly not least, is my Nirvana Freebee Sativa. She is in the ground She's my fave. Right now she is 6' tall and 6' across.
She was not going to flower until it was 12/12. I is now, and she's starting to turn. Holy shit. Those following have known she'll never make it to ready in the time we have. But just watch. We'll battle to the bitter end and harvest something useful at the right time. She's already stinky before flower. She loves being alive, and it was 80 today with sun in the forecast. She's put on a foot in the last 10 days. She's going to be taller than my 2 year old fig tree right behind her.

IMG_008648.JPG

Beautiful, one and all! Too bad about the late bloomers. Hopefully they will still give you some nice produce.

Thanks Major, double. We'll just keep moving forward. The weather is very good for the time being. 81 F. yesterday, 80 today, and nice the rest of the week.
weather here in socal is horrible. It's been going from 103°f to 70°f to raining and being 85°f... haha got about another week or two of this heat. Iv had to run the ac just about every day to keep my girls happy. Glad the weather is blessing your crop and I hope you get an extended summer. :)

Interesting thing on watering. I have three girl in 8 gallon pots outside. One was ready for water today. My wife is an expert at growing potted plants indoors, i.e. houseplants. She suggested I put the girls in a bigger tub and water her profusely from the top, let a bunch drain, and then let it sit and uptake more water for 40 minutes or so. Of course, I got it wrong and put the nuted water in the tub and let it uptake the water from the bottom. I then watered from the top until I got a big run out. This pot is much heavier than it has ever been. I think I may have been underwatering in the past. Hmm. Once those plants get pot bound the water doesn't run evenly. It will go right out the bottom without moistening some of the roots. Path of least resistance and such.

Back
Top Bottom