First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

And last, but certainly not least, is my Nirvana Freebee Sativa. She is in the ground She's my fave. Right now she is 6' tall and 6' across.
She was not going to flower until it was 12/12. I is now, and she's starting to turn. Holy shit. Those following have known she'll never make it to ready in the time we have. But just watch. We'll battle to the bitter end and harvest something useful at the right time. She's already stinky before flower. She loves being alive, and it was 80 today with sun in the forecast. She's put on a foot in the last 10 days. She's going to be taller than my 2 year old fig tree right behind her.

IMG_008648.JPG

Looks like a have a similar freebie sativa from Nirvana. Looks like mine is gonna be a late bloomer as well. Since she is in the grown, think about covering her on chilly nights with a sheet to prevent the frost from getting to her. Or you could build an improvised greenhouse around her which you could heat if absolutely necessary.

In the mountains, I've been resorting to bringing in the deck plants every night and return them to the deck every morning. A pain but it should be worth it. Worst case scenario is that I have to make a bunch of edibles.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say things are looking good. Hope you don't mind if I stop by once in awhile.:Namaste:

Interesting thing on watering. I have three girl in 8 gallon pots outside. One was ready for water today. My wife is an expert at growing potted plants indoors, i.e. houseplants. She suggested I put the girls in a bigger tub and water her profusely from the top, let a bunch drain, and then let it sit and uptake more water for 40 minutes or so. Of course, I got it wrong and put the nuted water in the tub and let it uptake the water from the bottom. I then watered from the top until I got a big run out. This pot is much heavier than it has ever been. I think I may have been underwatering in the past. Hmm. Once those plants get pot bound the water doesn't run evenly. It will go right out the bottom without moistening some of the roots. Path of least resistance and such.

Putting nute's in the bottom and then watering from the top with plenty of runoff will flush away some of what was just added.
A root bound plant will water evenly. It just takes a time to let the soil grab the moisture. Dry is much like a dry sponge. When water is first added, it doesn't soak in immediately. Given a little time, it will soak up as much water as it can hold. Water slowly (especially at first), wait, drain well.

Finally that chubby sativa in the ground is starting to flower about 6 days post 12/12 outside here. Today I removed some inside branches from her to help air flow and to promote bud growth at the higher nodes. Looking to get her toward getting some nice buds asap. I'll probably experiment on her more. She's never going to mature as soon as she needs to. Looking to have to have an early harvest for sure on this one. I see cookies in my future.

Got it PITA, but a question. Let's say an 8 gallown pot, about how many gallons of water does it require when it needs to be watered? 3, 4? Gallons?

I was using about 2 gal. water per plant.

Got it PITA, but a question. Let's say an 8 gallown pot, about how many gallons of water does it require when it needs to be watered? 3, 4? Gallons?
My girls are in 4.5 gallon pots atm and I only give them 1 gallon of water each. That gives me plenty of run off and normally lasts them about 3 to 4 days until I need to water again. Good luck! Hope you took care of that pm. That's some nasty stuff, had it all over my pumpkins this year.

Here's KG1 again. First to flower on about 9/17. She's into week 3 of actual flower. As a first timer, I have never witnessed this. The buds appear to be getting bigger. The plants are green and happy. I the weather is great for this time of year. Each day closer makes me happy, too. Here we have a a few buds from her to look at, including the top. Tell me if anything looks awry. I won't know otherwise.

KG1 a bud

IMG_009042.JPG

KG1 another

IMG_009153.JPG

The top

IMG_009338.JPG

Bomb seeds are....well, the Bomb! :laughtwo: The genetics are superb. Oregon Green Seeds sounds like one you should definitely check out KK. They've narrowed their offerings to geographic specificity, which I find as compelling as I hear in your voice.

She's finally putting on the show for you. She certainly held you in suspense long enough, eh? This is going to be a fun ride to the end. Your weather looks like it'll hold? Wait, let me check that out real quick.......Wow KK, your forecast is perfect for the next week at least and then it still looks manageable for days beyond that. :woohoo: Here we go into the final stage. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom