First time grow need help haha

Milbysun

So like I said first time grow I got some pics there about 24 days veg so far already topped once and kinda don't know how to identify this plant and yes I have read pages upon pages about sexting I feel like mine should be showing some kinda sign...no?
IMG_20160618_153013279.jpg
IMG_20160618_153006432.jpg
IMG_20160618_152949280.jpg
IMG_20160618_153013279.jpg

Your babies are not going to show sex this early. One method you can use is to take a clone, stick it in a glass of water, and put it under 12/12. I'm assuming these are photo and not autoflowering. In a couple weeks or so, if it's female, you'll start seeing tiny white hairs in the nodes.

You can also put the whole plant under 12/12, and, as soon as it just begins to show sex, bring it back into 18/6. Done early enough in the sexing phase, it will go back to veg in about a week or two.

As far as I know, these are the only reliable ways to sex your plants early.

You can't tell sex by growth patterns. I've tried to predict sex by how it grows in veg, but phenotype seems to have little to do with sex. I had a beautiful, very full, low plant suddenly sprout two thin branches overnight, covered with male pods! And I just harvested a tall lanky lady who was covered with sticky buds by the end of her life.

I've tried quite a few times to sex a plant early- by cutting clones and putting them in 12-12, or putting the whole plant in 12/12 then reverting back to veg after. I never gained anything over just being patient. It takes a few weeks for a plant to grow big enough that you can take a cutting off of it, another couple weeks to get it to root, and maybe another week for it to show pistils under 12/12, by which time the original plant has shown sex already. That's been my experience anyway. They've always shown sex by 7 weeks old at the latest and usually after around 5. Possible exceptions have been when I was constantly chopping limbs off and doing a lot of high stress training.

Back
Top Bottom