First Time Grower - Dinafem Blue Widow

Looks like a fun grow. I saw that you started seed after mine and already you have a bigger plant. Great job! #jealous

Oh, and I'm subbing this grow fo shizzle! :popcorn:
All comes down to genetics. My plant is about 50/50 split between sativa and indica, so I'm guessing I got the sativa grow habits. She's grown quite a bit after I topped her and have been giving her nutes for the last two weeks which probably helps as well. I also have her in a 7gal container. The more space you give the roots the bigger your plant will be.
Thank you for subbing!!

The more space you give the roots the bigger your plant will be.

Agreed. I'm going to let the Bubbalicious autos flower in their 1 and 2 gal pots to get them out of the way, then I plan to get the Papayas as big as I can in their 3-gal pots before flowering them. I'm using fabric pots, which allows a smaller pot to be used because the roots air prune themselves instead of circling the plastic pots. That said, I'll probably switch to bigger fabric pots next grow and try some Doc Bud's High Brix or Sweetsue's Living Organic Soil mix (which is actually Clackamas Coot's Organic Soil Mix). I'd like to make my future grows as laissez faire as possible, so I can go on adventures without having to worry about my plants for a few days. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Agreed. I'm going to let the Bubbalicious autos flower in their 1 and 2 gal pots to get them out of the way, then I plan to get the Papayas as big as I can in their 3-gal pots before flowering them. I'm using fabric pots, which allows a smaller pot to be used because the roots air prune themselves instead of circling the plastic pots. That said, I'll probably switch to bigger fabric pots next grow and try some Doc Bud's High Brix or Sweetsue's Living Organic Soil mix (which is actually Clackamas Coot's Organic Soil Mix). I'd like to make my future grows as laissez faire as possible, so I can go on adventures without having to worry about my plants for a few days. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:
I've been quite pleased with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Retains just the right amount of moisture and has been Ph balanced to work with nutes. I've aired on the side of caution with the amount of nutes I've used don't want to shock the girl and stunt some of her growth.

Day 31, she seemed to be pretty thirsty today. This morning she still had a bit of the feeding run off in the catch below the container, as I just got home from work that water is all gone. Tonight I also FIMed the two tops hoping to get another four tops out of that. Once those start to come in I'll start to top lower branches turning her into more of a bush and hope she strengthens up to hold a decent size harvest. That being said I think I will turn her to flowering at the end of May giving her another 34 days of vegging with would put her at two months of veg. From there it'll be another 6-8 weeks before harvest time. In total 90-120 days.

I've been quite pleased with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Retains just the right amount of moisture and has been Ph balanced to work with nutes. I've aired on the side of caution with the amount of nutes I've used don't want to shock the girl and stunt some of her growth.

Glad the FFOF is working out for you. I just started using nutrients last night and am also airing on the side of caution by using half the recommended dose. If all goes well, I'll up the dosage in a week or two and see if there is a big difference in growth rates.

Glad the FFOF is working out for you. I just started using nutrients last night and am also airing on the side of caution by using half the recommended dose. If all goes well, I'll up the dosage in a week or two and see if there is a big difference in growth rates.

That's the same thing I've done. I went a quarter strength just to introduce my girl to nutes, then last week I gave her half of what Fox Farms called for. This week I may go full strength on the nutes.

hey dude, looks great! harvested a bunch of these recently! smoking it as we speak! it behaves very nice under topping/fimming, produces medium to small but very thick nugs. its a haevy eater, so keep that in mind as it grows bigger!

Looking very good, looks like she is growing as a sativa but the leaves are very indica, I wonder what it means about her heat tolerance.
mine is quite the opposite, it was vegged quite short like an indica would, but the leaves seem kind of sativa to me, and I wonder the same about mine.
Then again, I might be completely off here...
Anyway, Happy growing, whitty, have fun:thumb:

Oh and.. Subbed:Namaste:

hey dude, looks great! harvested a bunch of these recently! smoking it as we speak! it behaves very nice under topping/fimming, produces medium to small but very thick nugs. its a haevy eater, so keep that in mind as it grows bigger!

Awesome! Thank you for the info. She seems to be very robust that's for sure. I've topped her and just FIMMED her the other day. Haven't used full strength nutes just yet.

Looking very good, looks like she is growing as a sativa but the leaves are very indica, I wonder what it means about her heat tolerance.
mine is quite the opposite, it was vegged quite short like an indica would, but the leaves seem kind of sativa to me, and I wonder the same about mine.
Then again, I might be completely off here...
Anyway, Happy growing, whitty, have fun:thumb:

Oh and.. Subbed:Namaste:

She seems to be quite resilient to heat. Granted my tent doesn't get any warmer than 86F. Blue Widow is about a 50/50 split. She's surely teaching me a lot so far. Thank you for subbing!

Day 33, just measured her tonight. She's measuring 13" tall and 17" wide at the moment. She still looks very thin at the internodal level. We shall see what going to full strength nutes does to her.
image24308.jpg
image24309.jpg

Have u tried bending the branches so they toughen up?

Day 34, sorry guys this wasn't done yesterday, I've come down with a cold and went straight to bed after work. But enough about me, and back to the real attraction. She's taken well to being Topped and FIMMED at the same time. So I FIMMED the two main tops and I topped all the side branches. Also last night she got another feeding of nutes. She was only able to take half gallon this time, soil continues to be moist from the last watering.

Day 34, sorry guys this wasn't done yesterday, I've come down with a cold and went straight to bed after work. But enough about me, and back to the real attraction. She's taken well to being Topped and FIMMED at the same time. So I FIMMED the two main tops and I topped all the side branches. Also last night she got another feeding of nutes. She was only able to take half gallon this time, soil continues to be moist from the last watering.
what's the dif between fimming and topping?

Back
Top Bottom