First Time Grower - Need Advice - DWC Reservoir Temp

Grower23

My DWC Reservoir ranges 78 - 85 degrees. I've got a 2'x'4'x5' tent and I've left the tent open. It's in a closet and I've left the closet open to vent. I've got an oscilating fan on it but doesn't seem to help. I've also started freezing a 20oz bottle 3/4 full of water and sticking it in there. It'll cool it by about 5 degress but doesn't last more than 2-3 hrs.

Right now I'm in the Veg state and think the temp issue will come under control when I change over to a 12/12 light schedule. I did raise my lights and can't really raise them anymore.

I can't afford a water chiller for another 2-3 weeks so I need ideas on what to do until then. I'm going on 2 weeks into the grow tomorrow.

I started adding Hydroguard to my tub a couple days ago and so far I don't see issues with my roots. Is this temp issue a serious problem? Can it last a couple more weeks till I get a water chiller?

Any advice or ideas are welcomed! I do have a grow journal started in the journals section if anyone wants to see pictures or get more info. Or just ask and I can post the info here.

The following is the general information:

What Strain is it? - Barney's farm LSD
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly Indica
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? - ~13 days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? - 10 Gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? - 78-85 degrees
If Hydro, what type of Medium? - Seed planted in Rapid Rooter and surrounded by Leca Clay Pebbles
If Hydro, what type of Setup? - Deep Water Culture
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600 Watt LED
Is it Air Cooled? Built in fans
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Ranges from 80-88 degrees
RH of Room/Cabinet? - 40-50
PH of Medium or Reservoir? - 5.8 - 6.3. Currently at 6.1 in one tub and 6.2 in other
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? NA
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics Flora Series
Size or Square Footage of Room? Tent 4'x2'x5'

Extra Information-

Are you plants from seed or clone? Seed

How old are your plants total? ~ 13 days

How big are the plants? 3-5"

What type of medium are you using and what is its makeup? Hydro in both 10 gallon reservoirs. The first water was 5 gallons with 1.25 tsp of GH Flora Series in each tub. 5 days into grow I swapped out reservoir water and put in 5 gallons with 2.5 tsp of GH Flora Series in each tub. 10 days into the grow I swapped out water in each reservoir with 5 gallons and 5tsp of GH Flora Series in each tub.

Chemical or organic fertilizer? Chemical

Do you have ventilation? Have a Carbon Filter installed. I also now have an oscillating fan blowing on plants. It's only been in place for about 2 days because I had weak stems and read on here to add a fan. The stems are looking great now.

Back
Top Bottom