First Time Grower: Northern Lights Autoflower, 600W LED

NPK All The Way

Hi everyone,

I've allways been fascinated by cannabis, and since a couple of days, I started growing myself.

This is my Setup
Tent :
Green Qube (1,2 x 2,4 x 2,2m)
Lights : Lumatek Zeus 600w Pro Led (2 times)
Containers : Air-pot 22,5L (18 pots)
Medium : Atami Coco Coir & Plagron Perlite (70/30 Mix)
Humidifier : Ram Ultrasonic Humidifier 13L
Outtake fan : Prima Klima PK125 EC-TC 680m3
Vent Intake fan : Ram Mixed-Flow Inline Fan 516m3
Controller : CliMate Total Controller
Carbon Filter : Phresh 1000m3 filter
Fans : Ram Oscilating Multi Fan (2 times)
Meters : Bluelab Ph pen & Conductivity pen

My environment is setup currently like this :
First 3 days was 24h lights on at 25% intensity at 60cm from the pot.
Tonight was their first day of 6h lights of, and from now on their are on the 18/6h light schedule.

Humidity is set to 70% and kept that way using my controller and humidifier.
Temperature should be in range of 21-23 Degrees Celcius.

Today I'm receiving an extra hygrometer, so I can visually check the environment numbers.

Air-Pots :
I have 22,5L Air-pots that are mixed with Coco Coir & Perlite (70/30mix)
Before putting them in the pot, I rinsed them 2 times, and runoff showed a reading of 0ppm (0EC).
Then I buffered it with a 150% Cal-Mag dose (Advanced Nutrients Sensi Calmag Extra) and PH'd at 5,9 and let it soak for atleast 12h, before putting it in the Air-Pot.

Grow Diary
Day 0 (11 April 2020)
------
Temp : 21-23C
RH : 70%
Light : 25% @ 60cm for 24h
Water : 0,2L per bucket - RO water - Ph at 5,9

Day 1
------
Water : no water given
Video Update :

Day 2
------
Video Update :

Day 3
------
Light : 25% @ 60cm for 18/6h
Video Update :

Day 4
------
RH : 65%
Light : 50% @ 60cm for 18/6h
Video Update :

Today we increased intensity to 50% and lowered RH to 65%, we also spotted our first "deficiency?" I think?
def5.jpg

Day 5
------
Water : First water given (0.5ml/L Voodoo Juice & 0.5ml/L Piranha)
Video Update :

I gave 100ml to each plant. I will give them a new watering every 12h (so each plant is getting 200ml of water a day).
I also put the humidity back at 70%

day5.jpg

Hollllllyyyy shizzzzeeellle, great setup you got there, m8!:ganjamon:

I was looking into using piranha and voodoo, some of my favorite growers use voodoo (they do 2ml/l), but they are a little too expensive for my grow)
GL:ganjamon:
Thnx bro! I've been saving for a good setup to start off with. I wanted to go good from the start, not start with a budget tent, get bad results, and then buy a bigger setup wasting the money on the budget setup.

What I hear from other growers is that especially voodoo juice is very good, but when combined with piranha and later on tarantula, u will get explosive root results. Yes, they are expensive but I believe they will show off in the end.

2ml/l will be later on in the plants life, at this stage she is too small to handle these amounts of nutes.

Next update tomorrow!

Day 6
------
Water : Water given (0.5ml/L Voodoo Juice & 0.5ml/L Piranha)
Video Update :

We gave another 100ml of feeding water to our plant. We do this twice a day at this stage with a gap of 12h in between.
Today we also installed our new SensorPush Hygrometer, because measuring equals knowing!

sensorpush.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-123156_SensorPush.jpg

sensorpush.jpg

Day 7
-------
Temp : Averaging around 24,5C
RH : Between 60 & 70%
Light : 75% @ 60cm for 18/6h
Water : Water given (0.5ml/L Voodoo Juice & 0.5ml/L Piranha)
Video Update :

We are still giving 100ml of water for each pot, twice a day. I also changed the pot size from a 22,5L air-pot to a 9L air-pot, this will create better air circulation, because it was packed inside the tent. Since im going with high fertigation method, we will also use less nutrients, because we have to water untill runoff, and with a 22,5L pot thats alot of wasted nutes.
I also changed the light intensity to 75% today. Height is still at 60cm.

Our girl at day 7
day7.jpg

Transplant into smaller pots

transplantto9l.jpg

Day 8
------
Light : 75% @ 60cm for 24h
Water : 2L Water per bucket
Video update :

Today we did our first feed to run-off. We gave each 9L air-pot a 2L feeding. In this water we mixed the following nutes.
Sensi Coco Grow A : 2ml (1ml/L)
Sensi Coco Grow B : 2ml (1ml/L)
B-52 : 2ml (1ml/L)
Voodoo Juice : 2ml (1ml/L)
Piranha : 2ml (1ml/L)
Nirvana : 2ml (1ml/L)
Bud Candy : 2ml (1ml/L)

PPM measured at around 350-390, and the run-off was about 490. (Normal because this was our first water to run-off)
We are going to feed our ladies again in 10h, but then we only water them 200ml each

20200419_135201.jpg

Our lady at day 8

dag8.jpg

I'm going to be growing northern lights auto as well so I'm following this. :thanks::lot-o-toke:

Day 9
------
Temp : 24-25C
RH : 60-70%
Light : 75% @ 60cm for 18h
Video update :

Yesterday we gave our girls a big watering, which in fact was too much for the girls to handle. The roots are not that developed yet so we basically overwatered them.
They looked sad throughout the entire day, and were droopy as hell. This morning some of them allready recovered slightly from the overwatering, however some of them are still struggeling.
So I decided to not water them last night, and I will not water them today. I hope once they become stronger again, I will give them a second feed, however in a low dose.

20200419_174448.jpg

Above is a picture of how she looked last night.
And below is a picture of how she looks this morning. Im happy she recovered a little bit.

20200420_183645.jpg

Day 10
------
Temp : 24-25C
RH : 60-70%
Video update :

Our girls seem to have forgiven me for overwatering them. They look strong again (aside from a few). Some of the show some burning because of the droplets of the humidifier. Nothing really bad, but I rather not have it.
Since I turned down my fans for higer humidity, this became an issue. So I ordered an extra humidifier, to keep the fans on, but at the sametime increasing the humidity.
We didnt give any water, since the coco is strill moist.

20200421_154521.jpg

Day 11
------
Temp : 24-31C
Video update :

Yesterday night we had some temperature issues. We went up to 31C and went below 30% RH. Its because our humidifier was empty, and therefor temperatures rose quickly.
Still waiting on my second humidifier. Also at night we dropped to 16C so I also ordered a digital heater, so we can keep our temps in check at night.
Other than that, not really any update, we still did not give any water. Some of our ladies are showing some "old lady rinkled" leaves. Probably because of the overwatering.
Hopefully, the coco gets a little dryer by tomorrow, so we can give them another feeding.

20200422_123315.jpg

Week 1 - Sumarized
=============

In todays video, we do a summarize, of all the things we did wrong and should correct in our next grow. This is a learning experience, so its good we make these mistakes and acknowledge them, that will be prevent us from doing them again next time!

Video update :

I love your humidifier. I need that big boy, I have to refill mine twice a day. I've had great success with domes, however, I was just suggested on my journal to remove the dome I had on my seedlings. Keep the videos up!

I love your humidifier. I need that big boy, I have to refill mine twice a day. I've had great success with domes, however, I was just suggested on my journal to remove the dome I had on my seedlings. Keep the videos up!

I have to refill this one aswell every 10-11h. So in that way we are almost the same. Domes are a great way to reduce electricity expenses, and keep the RH within a range that the plant likes and thrives on. It also doesnt fluctuate that much as it does with the humidifier and the outtake fan sucking it all out.

The videos will def be coming, as long as I have time (which currently I do with corona) I will keep them coming!

Day 12
------
Temp : 24-28C
RH : 95%
Video update :

A new day...a new challenge. Today when I woke up and checked on my ladies, I was hurt. My Cli-Mate total controller humidity sensor broke, and therefor it kept blasting 100% all night. So humidity levels were at 100% the entire night and 2h after lights on, causing to form alot of droplets on the girls + adding moisture again to the coco. Setting us back another 2-3 days.
I allready contacted climate and they send me a new sensor without asking (great support!).
Also my heater came in today to regulate the temps at night, however that also has a broken sensor, since it does not turn of at the correct temperature, just keeps blasting. So not really a good day today.
Lets hope for better news tomorrow!

20200423_144648.jpg

Dang! I hope I didn't curse your humidifier lol. Just yesterday I was telling you how great it is.:rofl:
That's cool that the company replaced it.

Day 12
------
Temp : 24-28C
RH : 95%
Video update :

A new day...a new challenge. Today when I woke up and checked on my ladies, I was hurt. My Cli-Mate total controller humidity sensor broke, and therefor it kept blasting 100% all night. So humidity levels were at 100% the entire night and 2h after lights on, causing to form alot of droplets on the girls + adding moisture again to the coco. Setting us back another 2-3 days.
I allready contacted climate and they send me a new sensor without asking (great support!).
Also my heater came in today to regulate the temps at night, however that also has a broken sensor, since it does not turn of at the correct temperature, just keeps blasting. So not really a good day today.
Lets hope for better news tomorrow!

20200423_144648.jpg
Sounds like ur going thru a little rough patch, once u get past that it'll be smooth sailing. :goodluck:

Dang! I hope I didn't curse your humidifier lol. Just yesterday I was telling you how great it is.:rofl:
That's cool that the company replaced it.

Hahaha, The humidifier is not the problem, its the Controller (actually the sensor) of the Cli-Mate Total controller that caused the problem. But now that u say it, are u a witch? :p

Back
Top Bottom