First Time Grower - Northern Lights

Soil or hydroponics

• Soil

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Hydroponics

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Re: First Time Grower. Northern Lights

if it greens back up a little, leave it another 24. then it should be dry enough to be back under the watering cycle, because i agree with another poster, it is a little early to worry about nute problems. at this point, you really shouldnt need any nutes, i have them in mine simply to boost a cheap nothing to it soil.. but i also have mine WAY below recommended dosage, and they are specially developed for young tomatoes

what are you adjusting your pH to? you want 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Yeah I'm definitely backin off the water for 24. It is early for nute problems. It's gotta be overwatering cuz the rest of em would be doin the same as that one.

i have to PH my water. its at 7.5 out of tap.... no good. glad i caught it now.. may be why LO's leaves are turning yellow tipped

I don't have a ph tester yet. Waitin to buy one. Rite now I'm buyin RO water ph is 6.5. From the research I done. But I'm definitely goin to buy a ph kit ASAP.

That RO water can possibly be 6.0, I wouldn't assume its 6.5, get that ph kit/ pen and you're good to go.

I was think bout startin with hydroponics but I figured soil would be a lot easier. My next grow ill try like one plant to see how it goes.

Just added 4 cfl's. bout to order a ph kit/pen, cal-mag, hydrometer, and FF trio for flowering. Transplanting the babies into 3gal pots next week.

Little help please. I believe it's the heat but not 100 percent sure. Some of my leaves are v shape.
image4500.jpg

Transferring to 5 gallon buckets tomorrow or Saturday. Will take update pic when transferred.

Does bucket size really matter? 3gal or 5 gal. I got 5gallon but I'm thinking about 3. What would be better

Back
Top Bottom