First time grower, recieved plants with next to no information about them, having issues

pinnerishere

Someone I know needed to liquidate all of his grow supplies and plants, I received this plant with basically no info or history on it. im fighting with some symptoms that the more I research the less makes sense. I was watering with too high of ph(7-8) for a few weeks until I got my ph gauge. I then flushed with ph correct water (15 gallons) and began putting 1/2 measurements of general hydroponic liquid for flowering. plant is not showing any real growth or bud fattening, leave are turning yellow, with brown tips and curling downward, I have some deformed new growth, overnight last night new growth has started to get brown spots on the edges of the leaves.

What Strain is it? supposed to be Northern lights/Big bud
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unsure
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flower
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? unsure ive had it in flower for 25 days(was in flower when I got it)
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Unsure some sort of (potting mix from a bale
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Sun
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5ph
Any Pests? not that I have seen
How Often are you Watering? When soil is dry past first knuckle(every 2-3 days roughly)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Liquid general hydroponic set, liquid seaweed extract, calmag (half strength on all via bottle instructions for flower)

20190714_113302.jpg20190714_113339.jpg20190714_113628.jpg20190714_113715.jpg20190714_113730.jpg20190714_113750.jpg20190714_113817.jpg20190714_113851.jpg20190714_113913.jpg20190714_113936.jpg

Welcome fellow Michigander. Looks a bit like it needs some nitrogen, always dilute it if you do. If it is going back into veg it won't hurt. Just mild though. Okay I see it's always been in soil, so maybe switch to soil nutes instead of the hydro specific ones.

I don't think it was in hydro but I do think it was under lights until a short time before I got it, so that maybe that is part of it. but I cant be sure as I have no way to talk to the guy. I dilute everything I use by half the bottle instructions.

would it be better to do an artificial 12/12 light schedule outside by putting it somewhere very dark in off time to re-flower? or should I just let it re-veg? any downfall to re-vegging? im really just wanting to get this plant done because im not fond of outdoor growing in my area, I have a 4x4 closet I currently have 2 green cracks vegging in. that is the only reason it is outside.

Welcome fellow Michigander. Looks a bit like it needs some nitrogen, always dilute it if you do. If it is going back into veg it won't hurt. Just mild though. Okay I see it's always been in soil, so maybe switch to soil nutes instead of the hydro specific ones.
just to add to this i'm 99% sure the soil is promix which I have been told is better to treat like a soil-less medium and treat it more like a hydro but i'm not experienced enough to know.

Promix is great as long as it's draining adequately. If it holds water too long consider mixing in extra perlite. I learned that the hard way with my Amnesias, the soil just stayed too damp for too long. I think if you have the time you should ask some growers with experience in both hydro and soil to say if the hydro formulas are right for soil.

Back
Top Bottom