First time grower with multiple questions

Fogarty420

Hi guys,

This is the first time I grow a plant, totally newbie here. Obviously my first language is not english, I will try my best to describe my situation.

At early March, my friend found seeds on his cannabis bag, and decide to grow his own medicine. And I just start to building my indoor LED grow tent. 4 days ago, my grow tent has completed setup and my friend decide to give 1 pot plant to me, plus 2 seeds. The plant is extremely tiny (it has been planted for one and half months old), long stem and less leaves (indicated craving for lights).

My equipment:
- grow tent
- 360W LED grow light
- Ventilation fan with carbon filtered
- Oscillated tower fan
- Digital hygrometer

--------------------------------

What I do:
- I transplant it at PH 6.3 soil
- water it with PH 7 filtered water (with aquarium PH down solution)
- Put the 360W LED 27 inch from the plant
- open LED lights for 18 hours at night time, and off the lights for 6 hours at afternoon
- grow box temperature is always at 30-32 celcius. Humidity is around 65%.
- Oscillated tower fan open 24/7

I just realize I need to at least get daily photo to do monitoring. So here is my plant:

April 29th:

April 30th:

I noticed there's something wrong with the plant. It slightly droop down, and tacoing downward.

I am in a city where the gardening shop does not know what are they selling, I've asked for the soil PH and they got no idea. No PH meter for liquid and soil, and ofcourse does not sell PH control solution.

My question is:
- if I use aquarium PH solution, will it hurt plants?
- Is my grow box temperature acceptable? (The room temperature currently on 29 celcius)
- what can I do more to sustain the plant life?

I’d guess he’s overwatered and overfed

It is very hard to know what my friend has done to the plant, I'll still try my best to continue this plant life.

I am germinating 2 seeds now, maybe start fresh is good for me.

Will the aquarium ph solution hurt my plant? < Do you know anything about this?

Off top of my head some things you need to mention for folks to help you better, i'm tired but sure the folks that good at this will have some others than these. How often were you watering it? How are you determining the PH of the water you are using? Your soil one of them ones with time released nutrients crap in it?

Off top of my head some things you need to mention for folks to help you better, i'm tired but sure the folks that good at this will have some others than these. How often were you watering it? How are you determining the PH of the water you are using? Your soil one of them ones with time released nutrients crap in it?

This is the 4th day this plant with me.

I water it every 2 days, judging by putting my finger 1 inch inside the soil, if my finger is dry I water it. Every time I fill the pot until there's runoff that cover half of my little saucer.

I got digital PH meter, my tab water is 8(night time)-8.2(afternoon), I add in aquarium ph solution to make it 7 and measure it by meter.

I didn't know about the soil, I read the label it says the soil is good for vegetables and fruits, and it is PH 6.3 soil. I never know there's soil that release nutrients from time to time.

I do test the runoff water PH on saucer, it says 5.5. Is it normal?
I mean the soil is PH 6.3, I water it with PH7 water. Why it come out as PH 5.5?

They like a dry cycle, every two days probably too much as they don't draw/use that much water when smaller and even then. Most folks go by when the container feels light again (like when you first planted it w/o it being watered). Depends what's in the soil as it can change PH depending on what's in it, I've never measured my soil or water coming out of it, so a lot of more qualified folks here that hopefully will chime in on that subject as I'm no help there. And a lot of the "garden supply" soils have fertilizer that releases when it feels like it and doesn't always work so good with Cannabis (along with you have no control over the feeding of the plant).

I will second the dry cycle. You need to make it seek water to develop its root system and exploit more of the broadly distributed nutrients. It will definitely tell you it needs water. If you overwater, you risk root rot. That is a death card for a young plant. More mature plants can sometimes be saved by cutting them up and cloning, building new root systems. (I also did that the morning after rabbits decimated over 100 plants outdoors. Picked up the more viable pieces and cloned. It was extremely rewarding in the end.)

Back
Top Bottom