First Time Growing Some Mighty Fine

Here ya go
image14857.jpg

Hey mate, prime little set up you got going there, I have also just started my first grow, and hoping for some good results. Will be subscribing to the post to see how your grow goes dude.

Peace.

IMG_20141023_231340_560.jpg
IMG_20141023_231303_925.jpg
IMG_20141023_231249_063.jpg

updated pictures of the grow so far, wanted to give it some time to grow before getting feedback and comments. i think it looks great probably going to be trans planting it to a bigger pot soon possibly this weekend.

I like em.

The bigger plant (bottom pic, plant on the right) is it possible to get a shot of just this? just to see what she's like.

IMG_20141023_233527_547.jpg
IMG_20141023_233432_437.jpg

this plant is from some lower quality seeds we were given that we threw on the compost pile to see what would happen. this is the only one that survived that transplant from the compost pile. At first we had a little trouble with it wilting, but when i moved it from the make shift pot to a real pot it has really taken off.

Yeah, she looks a little bit depressed but totally recoverable. I've got a girl in flower that looks worse so things are alright at the moment.

IMG_20141030_115938_653.jpg
IMG_20141030_115931_462.jpg
IMG_20141030_115925_042.jpg
IMG_20141030_115917_208.jpg

alright my grow friends the plant that was all droopy before is now flourishing and actually growing the best of all of them. One of the good seeds that i have is doing really well too i am happy with the progress. The other good seed i have however i think like my friend trpljacks may have soil burn. I did water it through a little i wouldn't call it a flush but i ran some water over the roots. I transplanted the good seeds at the same time so not sure why one plant got soil burn and not the other i did flush the pots of soil before i did the transplant and let them sit for a few days to be sure all the excess water ran out. I am using lava rocks on the bottom to promote drainage and stop the excess water from backing up into the soil and over saturating.

looking good . they are loving the light!

is the above burnt plant a transplanted clone? all my plants that i transplant into fresh soil do that . it will bounce back in about a month . focus on the new growth !

No I grew it from a seed in a much smaller pot same soil but I transplanted it so that it would not become root bound and the other one that I planted and transplanted at the same time is doing great. .. Trpljacks plant is bouncing back really well so I am not too worried

Number 1 is fabulous.
Number 2 looks a tad nute burned but still looks dead on.
Number 3 looks like she's still half asleep; did you take the photo just after the lights came back on?

Nice job :)

Just a side jote though; the dead plant matter in the pots is best removed as it may invite mould or creatures in for a tea party :)

Number 1 is fabulous.
Number 2 looks a tad nute burned but still looks dead on.
Number 3 looks like she's still half asleep; did you take the photo just after the lights came back on?

Nice job :)

Just a side jote though; the dead plant matter in the pots is best removed as it may invite mould or creatures in for a tea party :)

Thanks for that I will get that out... It was about 20 minutes or so after the lights came on

I am pretty happy with them I will wait another week or so then flower 1 and 3 and then 2 will finish veg in another box until it is ready to flower

IMG_20141123_114749_560.jpg
IMG_20141123_114523_597.jpg

Trimmed them up a little about a week or so ago... Have them in the flowering process now weened them from the 18/6 to 16/8 to 14/10 now at 12/12 I plan to get some red CFLs to replace 2 of the whites as soon as I can get to home depot

Is it too early to tell if I have a male or female plant? We think both plants may be female but this is my first grow and I could be wrong

How old are the plants? From my experience within the first 7-12 days of 12/12 females will begin to throw pistils. Though I also have a good bit of veg time under my belt before that. Were these started from seed at 12/12?

Also, the one taller plant in the back needs to be dealt with height wise or the light needs to be raised. Side light isn't nearly as effective as vertical coverage and you will run into stunted growth/slower grow time especially with your primary source of light being CFLs.

Also, the one taller plant in the back needs to be dealt with height wise or the light needs to be raised. Side light isn't nearly as effective as vertical coverage and you will run into stunted growth/slower grow time especially with your primary source of light being CFLs.

Total we are about 7 weeks or so I started them at 18/6 for about 6 weeks or so... I do need to work on the height and light issue , I was going to use the scrog method but haven't had a chance to get the stuff to finish the box... I will think of something though

Back
Top Bottom