First time indoor CFL grow

Jae416ixside

I have a indoor cfl bagseed plant
just started as a tester to learn before i order seeds and spend money on a grow.
I just started week 3 of flowering today and was wondering when whould be a good time to harvest?
gonna do 8 weeks of flowering but not sure if that's to long or short?

any advice with anything would be appreciated

sup im in the exact same situation as you.. you have to get your hands on a 10-30x loupe or a pocket microscope and have a look at your trichomes u want them cloudy and partly amber i believe, also this depends on you, how long you leave them depending on the high/stone you want.

trichs46.jpg

hope this helps

Im no expert but shes looking good, seems you've had a few hiccups along but you've almost made it.. like i said you see all the frosty bits all over your leaves get a look at them under a 20x loupe and you will get your awnser. keep it up

nice sounds like youve got it under control make sure to start flushing about 2 weeks before harvest preferably with p.h'd water.. keep an eye on the trichomes they will not lie to you

Flushing does nothing for the buds I hope u kno that. It's how you cure your harvest. Flushing just helps the leaves and that is all. I wouldn't flush but just feed water the last 2 weeks no nutes and no flushing. I would defoil a little too.

Use a 30x loupe or magnifier to check for Amber ticehomes depending on what type of high u want. Head high is about 15 to 20% Amber ticehomes and anything past that will give u a body high or couchlock.

so if ive been using nutes i shouldnt flush at all ?? ive been told that you have to flush the remaining nutes out of the roots so that by the time harvest comes all nutes that remain have been used up maybe i have been misinformed.... and would using plain water bit at a time over the period of the two weeks before harvest also not be considered as flushing... maybe its not as intensive but the same concept none the less.. dunoo im no expert..

and jae unfortunately i have yet to find that out for my self.. the most i have done is read info online and you can easily do it too.. you will get this through your own trial and error.. but the first step is too decide how you want your end result.. cloudy trich, part cloudy part amber, or mostly amber... once you decide this then it will be easier for you too know it would probably help to try find some info on how fast trichomes progress aswell

Im on a similer grow right now, 3 weeks into flowering. Cfl only grow to learn a little before I get to carried away also. I've read and heard mixed opinions on flushing, I had the same question ad you and no straight answers. Guess it's just one of those things you find out on your own. I have 2 in flower, So im goin to flush one amd not the other. To see if there are any major differences, both bagseed, both had same treatment all the way through besides I tried my hand at scrog on one, lst both of them. It was a bumpy road this first grow but fun, amd very educational. You can find out anything you need to know on here guys, trust me. Either of you have journals, I wouldnt mind comparing grows, looks and sounds like we are in the same boat here. Here are my two girls. I've not took the time to figure out how to attach journals or anything to my post yet. My journal is named jonwayne's winter grow 15. There is a little helpful info in it.
20160124_032936.jpg

20160124_033004.jpg

This was a few days ago before I had used anything but a little MG, now that I started jj 3 part nutes and molasses, the buds have doubled in size. In just 5-6 days

They look good unfortunately after doing some research I wasnt using enough light and non ph'd water and shitty soil but luckily it didn't die and grew some ok buds had to cut the top main cola cause it started to get black tricomes but others turned out fine.. it was a trial and error learning from my mistakes best way

Good stuff for first time grow.

Try adding some phosphorus lightly and simple rule of thumb is to harvest when 80% of pistils are orange. Works for me. And get the PH meter, ph regulate your water and monitor runoff to see where is your levels at. If you start regulating PH now you can still bump your harvest significantly.

Back
Top Bottom