First time LSTing: Any thoughts or advice

Kevinhayes

Hey y'all. Got this stardawg 17 days in a 3gallon coco/perlite/worm castings.

This is my attempt at LST. The main branch isn't long enough to start the 90 bend. I get every day or day I keep bending a little and as new shoots grow up I send those down as well.

Is this any help or no?

Thanks
IMG_20190608_183122487.jpg

That helps get more light in there howeverthe plant at that size is very delicate, if you start working on actual plant stock go only very small amounts at a time. Trying to micro manage a plant so early I find just slows it down and takes so much extra effort of caution. Now i prefer to just let go a few extra nodes at a time. Pulling a bigger pieces of the plant over with the main stock at 4-5 nodesup is so much more easier. there will be many different opinions however it just a matter of preference. The best tip I can give is dont go so aggressive so soon, save your lowest nodes for backup in case you snap off too much above by mistake

i started lst on my previous grow when they were at about 6 nodes, maybe started this time with around 5; heres for example
C9AC0CB0-D74E-4FF0-B75A-752C1229F6BF.jpeg
0BF8F77E-4E08-45EE-BCBB-28D7AA7880BA.jpeg
FFD22618-083A-459C-A9CA-8C3621D85573.jpeg
3D80A92E-9EAA-4697-8605-3042BC2FB4FA.jpeg

whatever you pull over will always try to bend back up, thats normal, just be gentle and let her guide you through; thats what i do lol

i started lst on my previous grow when they were at about 6 nodes, maybe started this time with around 5; heres for example
C9AC0CB0-D74E-4FF0-B75A-752C1229F6BF.jpeg
0BF8F77E-4E08-45EE-BCBB-28D7AA7880BA.jpeg
FFD22618-083A-459C-A9CA-8C3621D85573.jpeg
3D80A92E-9EAA-4697-8605-3042BC2FB4FA.jpeg

whatever you pull over will always try to bend back up, thats normal, just be gentle and let her guide you through; thats what i do lol

Under the canopy. First time noticing those white things. Are they little roots? Should I cover up with soil. I started them in a 4inch Rockwool cube and filled the hole in the middle with some coco. Then once I noticed roots starting to grow out of cube I then put the whole thing in a 3gallon fabric pot and put a thin layer of Coco over the Rockwool.
IMG_20190609_142523611.jpg

Yeah go easy on that, thick stock is not always your friend, just a little at a time. its still better to do the full stock on those. Pulling the side branches down it's easy to split right where they connect to the stock. Flimsy plants are so much easier to LST.

Yeah I'm with sonman, that's what I do too. Watch the nutes as well kev she's about to go N tox which slows them right down. Just quarter strength for now and she'll be good.

I am on week 2/4L 2L pre plant of Adv Nut Sensi coco a&b. Says 8ml of each and 8ml of voodoo juice and b-52. I've been putting half. I'll go down to quarter. PPM should be in the 200-250?

Yeah go easy on that, thick stock is not always your friend, just a little at a time. its still better to do the full stock on those. Pulling the side branches down it's easy to split right where they connect to the stock. Flimsy plants are so much easier to LST.
I've taken those off the side. Gonna give it a few more days until the plant/stock a little taller. Will be 21days on Wednesday

looks like you have the 5th node out there?
spacings nice and tight.

you see how i placed a support at the base to hold the stem, then secured below the highest full node, put the support round as the base, then place your finger over it on the side you will bend over, then gently with the other hand bend the top down, take your time and dont force t too dast, you can massage the stem a little to help it bend.

I'm in the the middle of flowering on my first grow. Lst is pretty straight forward tho. 2 things I learned is 1: the more even spacing between branches the better. Taking the time to be precise is worth it. 2: keep pulling the branches away from the center of the plant. As much as possible. These girls get bushy and light penetration can be increased substantially the farther out you can get them. Besides keeping the canopy even, that's about it. (Again I'm pretty green at this so maybe wait for someone more experienced to chime in) looks good thus far tho.

Back
Top Bottom