First time trying and would like an opinion!

Hey all.. so I'm new to growing and I'm curious how my plants are doing. I've seen some images of plants that are the same age online and they seem to be doing much better than mine, so I'm slightly freaked to think they're stunted or I'm doing something wrong. I'm watering maybe once every three days (soil, wood chips, and small loose stone). I'm using a 150w full spectrum led(white/blue/red) along with a solid red heat bulb (with a 18/6 schedule) in my home diy set up, And I'm using a mini humidifier with a burst vapor setting. The plants shown are 20 days old planted September, 7, 2021

IMG_20210929_154621120.jpg

IMG_20210929_154609560.jpg

IMG_20210929_154418598_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210929_154405119.jpg

Looks good so far, fan moving air will strengthen stems, for most soil types you need to skip out to 5 or 6 days between watering sessions. Little bit of wood chips are ok, but in excess they can tie up nitrogen to help decomposition. Next time use perlite, biochar or pumice in place of pebbles in your soil mix - think light & airy well draining soil, not heavy & weighted down.

many cheap Chinese lights are underpowered, by model number they call it 150 watts but often that’s their funky “replaces a hps equivalency number” (but not really) and some only pull 60 watts from the wall. Search for true wattage draw from the wall in their literature… that light will do for now but looks more like a clone & mom light as opposed to a let’s crank out some bud type fixture. So anywho I’m not here to trash your gear….. and low budget is cool too…. just know that you can’t pull down dense nugs with a small light....…

here’s good starter link, read this then hit the back button and look at Emilya’s signature line and read other one on “How to water a small plant (or auto) in large final container. The water articles help you build roots in veg so you can use them in flower…. heres first link How to Water Potted Plant

What strain are you working with?
is that auto, photo or bag seed you found?

welcome aboard Hazmat88

Looks good so far, fan moving air will strengthen stems, for most soil types you need to skip out to 5 or 6 days between watering sessions. Little bit of wood chips are ok, but in excess they can tie up nitrogen to help decomposition. Next time use perlite, biochar or pumice in place of pebbles in your soil mix - think light & airy well draining soil, not heavy & weighted down.

many cheap Chinese lights are underpowered, by model number they call it 150 watts but often that’s their funky “replaces a hps equivalency number” (but not really) and some only pull 60 watts from the wall. Search for true wattage draw from the wall in their literature… that light will do for now but looks more like a clone & mom light as opposed to a let’s crank out some bud type fixture. So anywho I’m not here to trash your gear….. and low budget is cool too…. just know that you can’t pull down dense nugs with a small light....…

here’s good starter link, read this then hit the back button and look at Emilya’s signature line and read other one on “How to water a small plant (or auto) in large final container. The water articles help you build roots in veg so you can use them in flower…. heres first link How to Water Potted Plant

What strain are you working with?
is that auto, photo or bag seed you found?

welcome aboard Hazmat88
First, thanks for the review and reply. Yes I'm going budget as I already have enough hobbies tying up funds lol but I figured why not....and I had a few friends laugh and say they wouldn't last a couple weeks like that...but hey they're alive. But all the tips you gave were helpful I'll look into the links attached....and yes the seeds I got were from a few different bags I got from local growers... So completely random as strain wasn't labeled on bags.

Perfect, we can help as much or as little as you like. Tell ya what - hang out here and in a few months let them taste your produce.…. then see who’s laughing - am I right or what? This ain’t your dads homegrown, seriously homegrown used to be a dirty word, nasty hay smelling uncured, cut throat shit. The only high you got was from holding your breath in for so long then coughing your head off.

drop a journal and stay a while, helps to put all your grow details in first paragraph tent or grow space size, soil brand, nutes etc How to make a grow journal

hi Krissi1982 ;)

Perfect, we can help as much or as little as you like

drop a journal and stay a while, helps to put all your grow details in first paragraph tent or grow space size, soil brand, nutes etc How to make a grow journal
Helpful Henry...I wish your name was Henry so I could deam that your new name

They need less red and more blue so they can stop stretching out like that
Thank you... I read alot that red for veg...blue for flower. Is that correct or is that misinformation. I'm new like I said so I'm willing to try anything. I'm actually just glad they are not dead yet as I do not have a green thumb at all... So any help is good help.

Perfect, we can help as much or as little as you like. Tell ya what - hang out here and in a few months let them taste your produce.…. then see who’s laughing - am I right or what? This ain’t your dads homegrown, seriously homegrown used to be a dirty word, nasty hay smelling uncured, cut throat shit. The only high you got was from holding your breath in for so long then coughing your head off.

hi Krissi1982 ;)

hi Krissi1982 ;)
GROW INFORMATION:
Strain - unknown (random bag seeds)... It is currently in the beginning stages of veg... Currently 24 days old... Indoor grow in a space of 2x2(for now).... Grown in treated vigoro soil ( treated with boiling water) with small stones and wood shreddings... Size of light is 10x6 "LBW full spectrum 150w LED", "GE full spectrum high ppf output grow bulb", and a red medium heat lamp strictly to add some warmth... Temperature is between 70-80 with intermittent burst humidifier...watering every 2-3 days around outer edge of pot for root growth(hopefully)... I have a few gnats messing with plants so I've been using apple vinegar in a cap to catch them, I believe the problem is caused from over watering (soil fungus) so I have not been watering to much lately (4 days) but seemed to have helped... Haven't seen any today... I m not sure the pH of soil and I have not given either of them any nutes/fertilizer/boosters... I know my set up is shabby and I'm probably making a bunch of mistakes but I'm trying to do what I can with what I have .

Don't let a few pic's of other plants at same stage of growth put you off :green_heart:

After all there are many factors to consider at the end of day & this being your first grow so lots of learning :thumb:

Thank you... I read alot that red for veg...blue for flower. Is that correct or is that misinformation. I'm new like I said so I'm willing to try anything. I'm actually just glad they are not dead yet as I do not have a green thumb at all... So any help is good help.
Other way around, blue for keeping the plant stockier/stronger during veg. and then red for building flowers .... I don't mean ONLY blue, or ONLY red, but mainly that color.

Hey all.. so I'm new to growing and I'm curious how my plants are doing. I've seen some images of plants that are the same age online and they seem to be doing much better than mine, so I'm slightly freaked to think they're stunted or I'm doing something wrong. I'm watering maybe once every three days (soil, wood chips, and small loose stone). I'm using a 150w full spectrum led(white/blue/red) along with a solid red heat bulb (with a 18/6 schedule) in my home diy set up, And I'm using a mini humidifier with a burst vapor setting. The plants shown are 20 days old planted September, 7, 2021

IMG_20210929_154621120.jpg

IMG_20210929_154609560.jpg

IMG_20210929_154418598_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210929_154405119.jpg

Hi all just an update on the babies. I replanted both into larger pots with better drainage, and added a few of the suggested ingredients to my soil for nutrients and water drainage. One of the plants isn't doing so good and is starting to wilt and has soil gnats still :(. But the other is showing better growth, other than the red stems which I assume is lack of nutrients?! Here's a couple photos to show progress :).

IMG_20211006_123844989.jpg

IMG_20211006_123841137.jpg

Hi all just an update on the babies. I replanted both into larger pots with better drainage, and added a few of the suggested ingredients to my soil for nutrients and water drainage. One of the plants isn't doing so good and is starting to wilt and has soil gnats still :(. But the other is showing better growth, other than the red stems which I assume is lack of nutrients?! Here's a couple photos to show progress :).

Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom