First Time Using Nutrients

LetsBeBuds

The title says it all. I am using RO water with a PH of 6.5 before adding. Then I am using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Cal-Mag this puts my PH way low. Should I be adding ph up before watering my soil? Or do I correct my ph later?

That doesn’t really answer my question? I mean I get a gallon of water add my Nutrients and then my PH is like 3.0. Should I be giving that to my plant or do I need to correct it first before watering?

First off im not familiar with fox farms nutes but a drop to 3.0 ph doesnt sound right to me are you sure your ph pen is working correctly.Secondly I have grown in soil using general hydroponics nutes and i would start with 6.9ph add my nutes brought it down to around 5.9 or so and i would ph up it back to 6.4 6.5ph before watering and had good results.There are alot off peeps on here using fox farm nutes so hopfully they chime in. Best of luck

Rendrick:peace:

If you are starting with a PH of 6.5 and using Fox Farm, or any other organic based fertilizer mainly, you will see a significant PH drop. Most soils are stabilized for the PH. However, you will want to adjust your PH if if is below 4.0. You will need to invest in a PH pen because the stronger you mix your nutrients the lower it will drop your PH.

Adjust it up after adding your nutrients. If you are mixing a 5 gallon bucket you should add approximately 2mils or almost 1/2 tsp of "PH UP" to get it about right. Remember that PH will naturally raise slowly as the days pass, but 3.0 is too low. If you don't adjust it you will see signs of mag, calcium lockout and other weird false signs.

Back
Top Bottom