New to growing

I dont really have an answer as to why I just went with the 60/40 ratio as he advised. I really enjoy his crop so I tried to mimic

You’ll have to find a “happy median” between the 2. It my understanding Coco is watered appropriately 3x per day, with nutes at a reduced amount from basically day one pH’d to around 5.8 keeping the coco “moist”, With soil you’d feed/water after the soil is dry (2-3 days) pH’d to around 6.3. I guess do whatever your buddy was doing if his crop turned out well, give updates along the way.

shes bounced back pretty good and starting to move back to position

Attachments

• 20200301_181307.jpg
    20200301_181307.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200301_181314.jpg
    20200301_181314.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200301_181319.jpg
    20200301_181319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Hey Guys thanks for the input. I ordered some cal mag should be here in the next couple of days! I do plan on topping but was going to wait till they get a bit taller? Or do you think I should top soon? I will adjust my ph down to 6.5. Should I maybe just use normal water till my cal mag gets in? or continue?

Thanks!
Maybe you could avoid topping? It's your 1st grow, so why not see how she turns out without topping.

Yes 70-30 or 60-40 is ideal for coco over perlite. Perlite has such great drainage compounds, a person doesn’t need to go 50/50 like a person would in a soil grow. Coco is known to be able to grow without perlite. I knew a guy that would put an inch of washed gravel at the bottom of his pots then grow in 100% coco. Rocks are so the roots never sit in water.

coco is considered a hydro grow and the optimal ph is 5.8

it should be fed with nutrients once a day in veg, and up to two times a day in flower.

If this is a bad idea let me know. Just have seen it done in other videos commonly
If that’s the way your going to lst your plants. Have one at the bottom of the plant pulling one direction, with the higher strap pulling in the other direction. Doing this will allow less stress for the roots on the plant.

Boooooo! We don’t need that negativity!

lol I’m just kidding around. I think he already topped it:sorry:
Yeah he's topper harley'd that bitch. But he knows his stuff, doing well for a 1st grow. I'm watching his journal

Back
Top Bottom