Flashmp3's Green Crack x Blue Dream Rockwool Revenge

20180921_180125~2.jpg
20180921_180214~2.jpg

I took the big girl inside cause tomorrow forecast is too windy. Temps are also going to be colder than expected. Between 50-65F. I think it may be too cold for her. So I m thinking of buying some lights to put on top of her indoor. The thing is it would only be for 4 weeks. I won't need them after. So I m still unsure about what to do. I was thinking of buying maybe long led bars that I could then use as side lighting later. It s just that she seems in shape and could be worth taking care of her now that she has reached that step of her life

You'd be better off putting a greenhouse around it. Cheap lights won't do that thing Justice. As long as it doesn't freeze your fine. They're still growing outdoor in Canada with snow this week. :eek:

You'd be better off putting a greenhouse around it. Cheap lights won't do that thing Justice. As long as it doesn't freeze your fine. They're still growing outdoor in Canada with snow this week. :eek:

Really? Outdoor now she can receive only 6-7 hours of direct light. Plus sunny day aren't guaranteed everyday plus at anytime they can suffer from big wind. That's why I was thinking of putting her under 4 x 108w led bar. It would be 200 watts real power. They are 4 feet long so could cover the entire plant. I was thinking maybe 12 hours of "correct light" could be better than 6-7 hours of incertain sun and weather. What do you think?

Just make sure you don't bring any bugs in.

What do you think of what I said in the previous post bro? Thanks for the advice. Fortunately as it was starting to get cold outdoor, plus I think all the roots additives and others stuffs she has been getting since young age, I think she s tough as hell and doesn't have any sign of bugs or else

Bring it in if you have room. It'll give her time to finish out.

I have the room. In the beginning I just wanted to have a single grow space and no plant alone in the middle of the room. But this is an emergency with a good chance of good harvest so I ll do my best considering my wallet. I ve choosen led bars as I ll be able to use them for side lightning later

200w is a lot more than I feared lol. She should be happy with that.
I ll update with pics on Wednesday or Thursday depending on when I receive the lights

Flowering day 61 since flip :

Now the height trouble is solved. Unfortunately, bending the higher tops hide some lower buds. But I can't do anything elso so they will have to deal with it.

Like I said yesterday they just look late. The blue dreams look like week 3 flowering plants. I do believe the 13/11 helped them taking their time to recover from different earlier trouble. So now they just like they need 5 to 6 weeks to finish.

The green crack pot was the one that were accidentally flooded because of my water pump that didn't automatically stopped as she was to (defective Wi-Fi outlet (I m such a geek!)). Leaves are ugly but buds seem to develop well :

This indoor grow space should yield 9.5 Oz. Half of what I was expecting but it s all about learning next time will be better. I still have another little blue dream in the diy box I had made. She just have a 100w real power led light so not a lot. But she's still developing and is capable of yielding 1oz

20180912_105234~2.jpg

20180912_105259~2.jpg

Then if I manage to take the outdoor blue dream inside on time she should be a good yielder

My outdoor girl is throwing pistils for real now so should be around 9 weeks to harvest now

Its really nice to see that familiar small buds/late bud growth from the Blue Dream! No doubt in my mind anymore, thats just how that strain does its thing haha.

Its really nice to see that familiar small buds/late bud growth from the Blue Dream! No doubt in my mind anymore, thats just how that strain does its thing haha.

Yeah! I didn't want to bother you reading my entire journal. I knew it would reassure you a bit. I also had heat issues. I think it the main cause of long stretched colas with small buds. But as I said, during my winter grow with low temps (max 75F) my blue dream also develop buds with that foxtaling aspect. They also took ages to finish (12 weeks) and kept throwing new pistils for a very long time

Ya those new pistols are no joke! I still have some coming up on mine, even on lower growth farther from the light. I gotta say though, i was expecting bigger buds than what its giving me. My GG came out exactly as expected, except slightly bigger, plus the slight foxtailing made it slightly bigger, so i know the conditions were atleast good enough to get the normal expected amount at minimum. So in other words if this is whats expected from BD, i may not keep it around long. Even for their small size, they are quite dense so who know's, i could be pleasantly surprised. Furthermore i may even love the smoke so much i wanna keep it around haha. Guess its too early to say!

Ya those new pistols are no joke! I still have some coming up on mine, even on lower growth farther from the light. I gotta say though, i was expecting bigger buds than what its giving me. My GG came out exactly as expected, except slightly bigger, plus the slight foxtailing made it slightly bigger, so i know the conditions were atleast good enough to get the normal expected amount at minimum. So in other words if this is whats expected from BD, i may not keep it around long. Even for their small size, they are quite dense so who know's, i could be pleasantly surprised. Furthermore i may even love the smoke so much i wanna keep it around haha. Guess its too early to say!

They will fatter for sure don't worry. I was like you during my last grow and was surprised at the end by how much weight they gained the last days!

Lookin good brotha!

They are taking forever. I ve switched to 12/12 since 3 days. You may harvest before me hahahahha

Hit me on your first grow thread when you post dry weight please

They are taking forever. I ve switched to 12/12 since 3 days. You may harvest before me hahahahha

Hit me on your first grow thread when you post dry weight please
I will. It’s getting close. They are taking forever to dry though.

I will. It’s getting close. They are taking forever to dry though.

I was talking about your new grow with G13 haha! My plants look like they don't want to finish.

I still harvested one of the Blue Dream tonight. I didn't like the way the leaves were turning :

Left pic was 5 days ago. I lowered the night temps so it may be linked. I took my microscope and checked trichs. Mostly cloudy with more ambers than I usually allow and a few clears. Even if there were still a few white pistils I decided it was time otherwise I would get too many ambers. Plus again I didn't like the look it was taking. 2 days ago I cut a bud thinking it was maybe bud rot. But when I looked inside there were no sign of rot. It just the color that had turned from green to kind of light purple covered of trichromes like a true layer of trichs! Had never seen that before. Maybe the terpinator since late veg? Anyway I m glad I did it and hope the second one will finish quick so that I can focus my energy on the big outdoor girl. She really seems in perfect shape with no single unhealthy leaf. Everything is green and throwing pistils. With that size and considering the strain, she has potential to easily hit 10 ounces. But I need to give her as much light as possible asap. My backup led bars will be there on Thursday. So by that time she should have enough to wait 3 weeks until some indoor girls finish so that I can take some of their lights. I ll update should be able to give a picture update on Thursday night. Anyway some pics of that tiny buds :

20180925_205017~2.jpg
20180925_205028~2.jpg
20180925_205007~2.jpg
20180925_204957~2.jpg

I guess it will be 1oz dry. I feel like it has been a waste of time and money but luckily the ourdoor one which I had managed to save, will thank me for all the love I gave her. Plus again it was the opportunity to learn more and avoid some mistakes during next grow :Namaste:

Good call on the BlueDream. Those leaves definitely didnt look too good haha. I know what you mean about the purple on that BD, mine's doing it too! I'm not entirely happy with how its turned out for the BD but as long as im happy with the smoke, we'll see haha.

Back
Top Bottom