Flipped - When should I harvest?

cannagro

420 Member
Looks like seeds in there. My plants keep getting pollinated. When should I harvest it it's week 3 n 3 days now into flowers.

IMG_20230803_061201.jpg

IMG_20230803_061148.jpg

IMG_20230802_165333.jpg

IMG_20230802_165325.jpg

IMG_20230803_061201.jpg

IMG_20230803_061148.jpg

IMG_20230802_170054.jpg

IMG_20230802_170050.jpg

IMG_20230802_164948.jpg

Looks nice. Going to form a nice string of buds at harvest.

Looks like seeds in there. My plants keep getting pollinated. When should I harvest it it's week 3 n 3 days now into flowers.
Where or how are they getting pollinated? Do you know where the male plant is?

Under normal circumstances it is way to early for those plants to be forming seeds. I am figuring that you are looking at the caylx finishing up forming. That part of the flower is one of the first parts to form and is getting ready to form seeds if it does actually get pollinated. That does not mean that it was, just in case.

From Royal Queen Seeds, one of the sponsors is this bit of reading....

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-getting-to-know-the-cannabis-calyx-resinous-to-the-top-n414

Under normal circumstances it is way to early for those plants to be forming seeds. I am figuring that you are looking at the caylx finishing up forming. That part of the flower is one of the first parts to form and is getting ready to form seeds if it does actually get pollinated. That does not mean that it was, just in case.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-getting-to-know-the-cannabis-calyx-resinous-to-the-top-n414
Good info on calyx. :thanks: 🍋

3 weeks into flower is a bit early to be getting brown stigmas and swollen bracts without pollination, but the first pic is a bit to fuzzy to really get a good look.
Can you get a better pic of this area?
IMG_20230803_061201.jpg

Now that cannabis is legal in a large swath of earth male pollen will be abundant and can travel miles if not farther. Plus your neighbors right next door maybe helping you also. So avoiding pollination if you live close to hemp farms or other growers maybe impossible outdoors.
I never gave that a lot of thought. It could happen I know my neighbors but only the close ones and anyone could be growing. :nervous-guy: :nervous-guy:🍋

I saw some seeds popped out. N I did catch a male hiding under flower plant bush a week ago n sacs were open. Should I harvest or wait till end of 8th week

I caught a male nearby a week ago.

I caught a male nearby a week ago.
If you removed the pollen source then I would definitely let her finish out.
She'll continue to put on weight and potency, it just might not be as much as it would've been, depending on how heavily seeded she is.
I usually get a few stray seeds in my outdoor plants, and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Really heavily seeded plants from a nearby male were used for hash.

I saw some seeds popped out. N I did catch a male hiding under flower plant bush a week ago n sacs were open. Should I harvest or wait till end of 8th week
I vote for waiting. Even with a male having been near-by it does not mean that there are that many stigma/pistils that would have been pollinated. There might not be a lot of seeds to have to worry about. Plus you already have put all that time and effort to get this far, why stop now.

Right now there are not that many trichomes on the buds so anything harvested will be rather weak.

If you wait till the plant and buds are ripe and then harvest the quantity will be much larger and the quality much better---can't beat that combination. And, if there are some seeds you will not be the first or last grower to have to worry about it. ;).

So, keep the plant and don't forget to maintain a good fertilizing schedule considering that flowering plants demand more nutrients than most of them can get for the soil if they are in pots.

If you removed the pollen source then I would definitely let her finish out.
She'll continue to put on weight and potency, it just might not be as much as it would've been, depending on how heavily seeded she is.
I usually get a few stray seeds in my outdoor plants, and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Really heavily seeded plants from a nearby male were used for hash.

Thanks bro. Yes it looks lightly seeded but i noticed today some 4 to 5 seeds at beginning of buds n rest is ok. Can i keep it outdoors , days still longer till September here. Outdoor cannabis flowers by end of august n early sep over here.

I vote for waiting. Even with a male having been near-by it does not mean that there are that many stigma/pistils that would have been pollinated. There might not be a lot of seeds to have to worry about. Plus you already have put all that time and effort to get this far, why stop now.

Right now there are not that many trichomes on the buds so anything harvested will be rather weak.

If you wait till the plant and buds are ripe and then harvest the quantity will be much larger and the quality much better---can't beat that combination. And, if there are some seeds you will not be the first or last grower to have to worry about it. ;).

So, keep the plant and don't forget to maintain a good fertilizing schedule considering that flowering plants demand more nutrients than most of them can get for the soil if they are in pots.
T

Back
Top Bottom