Taste / Smell: Sweet and fruity bubble gum odour and taste
From the description on the Seed Company Website I assume it is a Hybrid

Currently in Veg for 10 days

Grow type: Indoor soil
Bucket size: 2 gallon poly bags
Medium: generic potting mix
Lights: currently (2) 100w equivalent 6500k cfl
Reflector: none
Ventilation: (2) inline fans - 4" 110 cfm & 6" 240 cfm.
Temp: light on 77.4F/light off 74.6F
Light period: 18/6
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Grow/Bloom/Micro
# of Plants: 2
Yield : ?

This grow began as a Hydro/LED but devolved into its current state when I was unable to get control of the temp and had two seedlings that couldn't wait until the 6" inline fan got delivered. As they say about the best laid plans of mice and men...

I know the medium is not the best, but it's all I had on hand and due to my disabilities I am not able to get out often and also have no Grow Shops within my limited driving range.

When you say generic soil, do you mean Miricle grow? Because I see you also said you were using grow/bloom/micro which I assume you mean General Hydroponics Flora series. The problem with that is Miricle grow or "generic soil" (if that is what you speak of) has time release nutrients and when you add more nutes, you're plant's health will fluctuate from the confusing amounts of nutes. If you don't have access to any medium other than "generic soil", order a brick of coco (not that kind :winkyface::winkyface: ), maybe some Cocotek, and continue to use your nutrients with it. That should make the first few weeks of your grow less stressful.

Also, I read somewhere (possible scuttlebutt) that your day temps should be a 10*F difference from lights off time. I'm not sure of the accuracy of that but I've been abiding by it just in case.

What lights do you intend to do for the remainder of your grow?
:goodjob:

It's not Miracle Grow - it's Pederson's Premium Potting Soil that I got at Lowe's. It does have nutrients mixed into it though so I'm not using any outside nutes at the present time. The nutes I have I got for the Hydro grow that went South when I couldn't get the temps in the tent down to reasonable limits. They are Advanced Nutrients basic "Hobbyist" 3 part set and part of their PH Perfect line-up. I won't use them unless, and/or until, the plants start showing nute deficiencies down the line.

I plan on using the same lights as I am now but adding 2 additional ones to bring the equivalent wattage up to 400 once the babies get a little bigger. I'm sure that once the 2 add'l lights get added the spread between lights on and lights off will be more than it is with just the two now. The overnight (lights off) temp is about the same as the ambient room temp outside the tent and the lights on temp with just the 2 lights going isn't much above that as you can see...

The write-up for Bubblegummer says it has only a 77 day (from seed to finish) growth cycle even though it wasn't advertised as an Auto strain. Don't know, just going to have to wait and see I guess...

My girls on Day 10 of Veg cycle...
DSCN1292a.jpg

Subbed!
Missing me some Florida right now! Can't wait to come back and kill some REAL fish! I hate missing the Cobia and King seasons. Good luck on your grow!

Yeah, we do have some REAL fish here! Wish I could get out and go after them too (the fishing was one of my main reasons for relocating here) but my disabilities keep me out of the chase these days. Oh well, still fun to get down to the Jetty now and again and see what the guys are bringing in...

So what you have will work, but I do recommend using 5000k bulbs while in veg. It will help speed up the growth and also keep tighter node spacing. You can get the Y adapters at Lowe's where you can run two bulbs per socket rather than 1, and they are about $2.50 each.
Edit: looks like you are running a Y adapter now
I'm from P. Cola area and moved inland due to my wife's job, but we are planning to move back twords the gulf Coast in a few years when we are able. It does suck not bieng able to fish due to disabilities, I understand completely. At least you get to live vicariously through the hard core shore fishermen! I get to watch people reel in 1-2 pound trout and laugh when they say it was a good fight:) It just tickles me to death... haha.

So what you have will work, but I do recommend using 5000k bulbs while in veg. It will help speed up the growth and also keep tighter node spacing.

Have 6400 bulbs on order already. Again, with my disability it's hard to get out so most all of my stuff comes via the Web. Bit of a pain, but better than not having access to anything...

It just tickles me to death... haha.

Yeah, it's hard to believe some people actually have tricked themselves into believing those little minnows really qualify as fish... Back in the day, before things went South healthwise, I used to fish for Muskies. Not the same as Salt Water, but at least when you caught one you knew you'd had a real fish on your line... :)

Veg Day #10 thru Day #16 Update:

Day #10: Lighting 2 CFL: Temps 78.4/75.2F

Day #11: Lighting 2 CFL: Temps 78.8/75.5F

Day #12: Lighting 2 CFL: Temps 78.8/75.5F: Made reflector out of roasting pan - will
monitor to see what, if any, effect it has on the temp.

Day #13: Lighting 2 CFL: Temps 80.8/75.4F: Water both 16 oz RO PH 5.9 water with Superthrive

Day #14: Lighting 4 CFL: Temps 80;8/75.4F: Removed reflector - too clumsy & limited my access
Added add'l 2 CFL
Lites to 24/7 on chance these plants are "autos"

Day #15: Lighting 4 CFL: Temps 85.4/79.6F: Taped off all but one drainage hole in the poly pots to
limit drainage. Kind of a semi-Hempy pot?
Notice there is a substantial change in plant growth -
add'l light making a difference?

Day #16: Lighting 4 CFL: Temps 83.3/77.2F Have ordered 4 6400K CFLs to replace 2700K now in use

When I ordered the seeds for the two Bubblegummer plants they were not advertised as 'auto', but
the research I've done on them since has indicated they have a 'seed to harvest' timeline of 77 days which
sounds like an 'auto' to me so I've decided to treat them as autos and follow the advice I've found here
on the 420 Forums as to how to properly grow autos thru harvest. Thanks to all those in the "THE GROW
ROOM, Growers Forums, Seeds, Clones & Strains" Forum
and especially to Member MrRudeSnowman for
his excellent synopsis of "The Life Cycle of an Auto" in the "Autoflowers have cost me big time!" thread.

Looking good Florida!

So, for flower, what is your light setup?

Most likely I'll switch back to the 4 2700k CFLs, but I may change over to the 300W MarsHydro LED I got originally for this grow when the plan was for it to be a hydro now that I have the temp under control. If I switch to the LED I'll probably use the CFLs for supplemental side lighting.

I wouldn't assume that they're autos unless it states anywhere that they are. You'll know they're autos if they start flowering when you haven't switched them to 12/12. 24 hours of daylight will hurt the plant more than help it if say. That is completely my personal opinion but during lights off time, a lot happens with the plant in regards to nutrient consumption (not when the plant uptakes the nutrients but when it uses them as food). It's worth looking into to decide yourself.

BUT in my eyes, that's like a human never sleeping and expecting them to age faster. During sleep, tons of body changes happen including muscle growth. Plants and animals are different yeah but the principles of life apply.

I agree with grouchy. I use to keep all vegging plants under 24 hr light. Now I start them on 20/4 then move them to 18/6 after about 2 week of really good growth. You will notice better and healthier growth patterns in a light on/off cycle.
Plus, if those are autos, they should grow and flower better under 18/6 light schedule.
But hey, you know what they say about opinions..... :)

Grow Update Week 3

07.31 (Veg Day #15) Wk #3 Day #1
Temp 85.4-79.5F
Cover holes in poly bag pots so to limit drainage to 1 hole - Semi-Hempy Pot?

08.01 (Veg Day #16) Wk #3 Day #2
Temp 83.3-77.2F

08.02 (Veg Day #17) Wk #3 Day #3
Temp 81.5-77.0F

08.03 (Veg Day #18) Wk #3 Day #4
Temp 80.1-76.4F
Changed lights to 6400k bulbs
Watered each plant 28oz RO PH 6.0 water

08.04 (Veg Day #19) Wk #3 Day #5
Temp 80.2-77.0 F

08.05 (Veg Day #20) Wk #3 Day #6
Temp 80.3-77.1
No appreciable growth since 1st of week
Raised lights - 1 1/2"

08.06 (Veg Day #21) Wk #3 Day #7
Temp 80.5-77.4F
Light leaf burn (?) on plant #2 nitrogen deficiency?

Soil used in grow is Peterson's Professional Potting Mix from Lowe's. Rating is 10-5-12.
Would appreciate any suggestions on the stunted growth (at least I think my two girls are a little small for their age) and the leaf burn on plant #2. Thanks in advance for any help...

DSCN12987.JPG
DSCN12977.JPG

You won't have nitrogen deficiency in the soil you are using unless you aren't ph-ing your water and it's way too high or low. I know Florida tap water runs really high at least NW Florida does. Most likely the soil is too hot for the seedlings. Don't add any nutes for a while (till flower) and they should recover soon. If not, try to replant them if you can get some soil that dosent have time released nutes. I know you are disabled so try to ask a friend to grab some for you next time they hit the home center. Also, you can get a grow container filled with that soil and just pour a gallon or two of water through the soil about once an hour (while you are awake) for a couple days(5 days is best) and it will rinse some of the nutes out. Let it dry about 3 days before you transplant if you go that route. It's a pain but it does work to reduce the stored nutes in store bought soil. Just watch your plants closely, I'm sure they will be able to handle the soil in a week or two.

Edit: saw you using 6.0 ph ro water. Need to ph it to 6.5-6.8 and that should help a bit.

Messed up some how and posted twice because my first post didn't show up until it had been reposted. God must love computers, no one else I know does...

Back
Top Bottom