Bubblegummer Grow V2.0

I am in of proud of her so far! Don't think she's too bad for the reveg of a girl that gave a good performance in her first life...

And many many thanks on the adv, m'friend! Appreciate it much!

:popcorn: I'm late as usual! Did someone say reveg? I have had some success doing so, but that bush is amazing!:goodjob:
HOZ

:popcorn: I'm late as usual! Did someone say reveg? I have had some success doing so, but that bush is amazing!:goodjob:
HOZ

Many thanks for the compliment! I don't know how she went from what I started with (basically a stump with 2 shoots opposite each other and a few tiny shoots around a node or two) to the glorious girl she's turning into...

In any case welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the adventure as it unfolds...

I'll be checking out your site as soon as I have a little time.

Yep, ShiggtyFlip is a good man to have as a friend! He's been a lot of help to me also! A real Gentleman and Scholar as it were!

He saved our first grow, I'm forever indebted to our friend Shiggs. He pointed out your journal, and I can't refuse the man. :)

Just a quick little update. Did a little trimming and removed most of the larger fan leaves, at least the ones I could easily get at, to open things up a little. Managed to get that done yesterday when I took her out of the tent to empty the Hempy catch tray and dust out the tent floor. Decided to wait until today for her to perk up from the trim before I took a new pic...

Well, I tried to put a pic in this but this damn Chinese Tablet, or the 420 website, won't let me do it tonight. Will have to try tomorrow and/or do it on the computer...

Here's the much awaited pic of my trimmed girl... :)

IMG_20160405_185725.JPG

Took a little look-see this afternoon and saw the right side of Brianna is a bit taller than the left so it looks like it is back to the drawing board to try to figure out how to get the canopy a bit closer to being level...

That looks some kinda perfect to get some great sized buds.

I am sure hoping that's the case! I'm banking on the larger bucket size making the difference in bud size as compared to my first grow. The bud size on that one left a little to be desired. The quality was good though and I suppose that's what really matters... :)

IMG_20160412_172106.jpg

Here's Brianna at Day 12 of the Flower Cycle. I think she's looking absolutely gorgeous, but that's just me and I think a Proud (so far) Poppa is entitled to be a bit prejudiced, isn't he?

Still haven't been able to get to getting the additional LST done yet.
I have some fairly serious health issues to deal with and sometimes they throw a monkey in to the wrench every once in a while just to prove that old adage about best laid plans and such going awry... Happens all too often, but it is what it is I guess...

Know I have to get to the LST soon or I'm afraid I'll soon run out of headroom in my stubby little 4' high tent. Of course I'm also a little concerned about running out of room on the sides too since the tent's only a 2x2 and she is turning into a bushy little darling at this point.

Will keep all posted as time goes by. Stay stoked! And toasted when you can... :)

Still haven't been able to get to getting the additional LST done yet.
I have some fairly serious health issues to deal with and sometimes they throw a monkey in to the wrench every once in a while just to prove that old adage about best laid plans and such going awry... Happens all too often, but it is what it is I guess...
Know I have to get to the LST soon or I'm afraid I'll soon run out of headroom in my stubby little 4' high tent. Of course I'm also a little concerned about running out of room on the sides too since the tent's only a 2x2 and she is turning into a bushy little darling at this point.

FS, she is a beautiful lush plant, Go gently with the LST or it could cause problems, you don't want to shock the plant this close to finishing. I usually do the LST and supercropping while the plant is young. After putting them into flower I usually leave them alone other than some defoliation to get light to the buds. Good luck with her...appears she has had a lot of TLC :cheesygrinsmiley: Your brother in Cannabis awareness,
HOZ

FS, she is a beautiful lush plant, Go gently with the LST or it could cause problems, you don't want to shock the plant this close to finishing. I usually do the LST and supercropping while the plant is young. Afbe dter putting them into flower I usually leave them alone other than some defoliation to get light to the buds. Good luck with her...appears she has had a lot of TLC :cheesygrinsmiley: Your brother in Cannabis awareness,
HOZ

I was just meaning some judicious mild bending in an attempt to open her up a bit. Didn't mean to imply I was intending to do anything too drastic. But thanks so much for your kind words and advice. Am new to all this 21st Century stuff and probably got my terminology wrong.

Will be doing some more defoliation to try to get a little more light into her. I've only got the oñe light (250w Horticultural CFL) so all she's getting right now is top lighting. Hope to cobble something together to get some light on the lower bud sites but am limited by both time constraints and financial concerns. Oh well, ás long as the yield isn't too bad I won't complain... :)

If you have twine you can do the bow and arrow thing. Tie with a loose loop near the top of the branch but where it starts to get stong, 2nd or 3rd node in. put some duct tape around the loop so it is soft against the plant. Bend the branch slightly and tie off on the side of the pot. The branch should bend outward. This method works great with a stake to stabilize the plant branch.
I have also used 10 ga insulated wire because the twine is hard for me and my arthritic hands to work with. The wire is easy to bend into hooks that go on the branch and weights of some sort on the other end. (steel washers, nuts, bolts, etc)

I probably got my terminology wrong.
Will be doing some more defoliation to try to get a little more light into her.
Terminology smirminlogy :rofl: Don't sweat it! You KNOW what you were saying, I mis-interpret a LOT of things and am constantly referring to other journals just to get it right. As far as lighting goes, ANYTHING you can do (including cfl's which are really inexpensive) to give them more light is a plus. I have tried them all except the high dollar LEDs and have had success. The MH and HPS nearly bankrupt me! The cost to run them added way too much to my power bill!

I-4 corridor Floridian, setting up beach chair, popping open a cold one and taking notes. Have seen several folks here use "pipe cleaners" for tie downs, dollar store has extra long ones, in arts and craft area.

I-4 corridor Floridian, setting up beach chair, popping open a cold one and taking notes. Have seen several folks here use "pipe cleaners" for tie downs, dollar store has extra long ones, in arts and craft area.

Swoga, you are so right! I get them from the crafts store, they are longer. I drill holes around the pot at a 2" spacing and it makes it so easy to tie them down and spread them out.:cheesygrinsmiley:

If you have twine you can do the bow and arrow thing. Tie with a loose loop near the top of the branch but where it starts to get stong, 2nd or 3rd node in. put some duct tape around the loop so it is soft against the plant. Bend the branch slightly and tie off on the side of the pot. The branch should bend outward. This method works great with a stake to stabilize the plant branch.

That's a great idea! I've been using the plant twist-tie stuff you get in a roll. Not soft but it does get the job done.

Hope to finally get to working with her tomorrow. The past couple weeks have been a bear! Have had either Doc appts or med tests scheduled almost every day for either me or my better half. Stuff like that can really throw things out of whack...

. As far as lighting goes, ANYTHING you can do (including cfl's which are really inexpensive) to give them more light is a plus. I have tried them all except the high dollar LEDs and have had success. The MH and HPS nearly bankrupt me! The cost to run them added way too much to my power bill![/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to cobble together at least a couple of CFL strips (3 or 4 lites) that I can hang vertically in the corners of the tent. Been trying to get to it for a while without much luck. Seems like it'll probably be the next grow before I'll be able to get around to it though. Oh well just the way it goes some tims...

Back
Top Bottom