6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Two Tokes

Two Tokes Wild Ride

I hadn't planned on starting a grow until the end of the month. There was still more research to do and things to understand. Suddenly, last Saturday, 6 clones showed up and needed a new home. So much for plans...

Just the FAQS:
  • Medical Grow
  • Strains:Blue Dragon, Headband, Grand Daddy Purple
  • Room: 9'L x 3.5'W x 4.25'H
  • Current Containers: Mini Hempies
  • Future Containers: 2 Gal Hempy
  • Current Medium: FF, FF&Perlite, Perlite (layered)
  • Future Medium: ??????
  • Current Lights: 8300 Lumens worth of small CFL
  • Future Lights: ??????
  • Nutes: ??????
  • Everything Else: ??????

The only clear part of the plan is to use the current plants and space to grow great smoke.

I am leaning toward simplicity: Put a hole in a damn bucket and hang a light by its tail.

Re: 6 Clones, 3 Strains & Hempies... Oh My!

Two Tokes Wild Ride

I hadn't planned on starting a grow until the end of the month. There was still more research to do and things to understand. Suddenly, last Saturday, 6 clones showed up and needed a new home. So much for plans...

Just the FAQS:
  • Medical Grow
  • Strains:Blue Dragon, Headband, Grand Daddy Purple
  • Room: 9'L x 3.5'W x 4.25'H
  • Current Containers: Mini Hempies
  • Future Containers: 2 Gal Hempy
  • Current Medium: FF, FF&Perlite, Perlite (layered)
  • Future Medium: ??????
  • Current Lights: 8300 Lumens worth of small CFL
  • Future Lights: ??????
  • Nutes: ??????
  • Everything Else: ??????

The only clear part of the plan is to use the current plants and space to grow great smoke.

I am leaning toward simplicity: Put a hole in a damn bucket and hang a light by its tail.

Cool another hempy grower, welcome! I don't know any of your strains but I'm a newbie, is Headband the hot new strain?

If you want simple, just grow in perlite and use Osmocote Plus for your nutes. Great OC+ thread here.

I've just started a hempy grow myself, as have wifecaretaker and maybe others. We can all share and learn from each other.

If you haven't already, when you get time I highly recommend DocBud's hempy grows. You'll see his posts in the OC+ thread.

I'll be watching your grow and wishing you luck!

Cool another hempy grower, welcome! I don't know any of your strains but I'm a newbie, is Headband the hot new strain?

If you want simple, just grow in perlite and use Osmocote Plus for your nutes. Great OC+ thread here.

I've just started a hempy grow myself, as have wifecaretaker and maybe others. We can all share and learn from each other.

If you haven't already, when you get time I highly recommend DocBud's hempy grows. You'll see his posts in the OC+ thread.

I'll be watching your grow and wishing you luck!

Hi BlueDog. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Looking forward to sharing and learning with others.

Read every post of all Doc Bud's threads along with thousands of others. Just starting to pull it all together in some manner that will work for me.

These strains were all new to me too. Headband is cross of Sour Diesel & OG Kush. It has been around for awhile but I am told it is popular.

Thought it would be good to throw in a few pictures. No gorgeous buds, just boring space set up pics.

101410_003.JPG

Ugly old garage wall.

101410_006.JPG

I had some extra Reflectix insulation around from doing the rest of the garage.

101410_020.JPG

I intended to put some sheetrock over the insulation but when the clones showed up I put up a second layer to temporarily provide space and relflection.

101410_031.JPG

Pull the end of the roll around and have a temporary grow space.

101410_032.JPG

I realized that the two bulbs would not be enough light so I slapped something together from the packrat stash.

101410_046.JPG

101410_047.JPG

Some old lamp parts, unused package of bulbs from Costco, an aluminum serving tray, some cotton candle wick, spare piece of reflectix and the first tape I saw on a shelf.

It makes Mrs. Tokes happy to see me putting some of my priceless treasures to good use. (Not her actual words)

Plant pics later.

That looks perfect for a grow! Wish I just had clones show up sometimes lol! It's a different world for some of you guys. I have to find some of those y fixtures. That looks like it will work great.

High Two Tokes!

Looking awesome my friend! Great grow space and I love the DIY reflector! I'll be following this for sure! Oh just wondering How close you have them lights? Best range for CFL is about 6 to 8 inches from plants. you can go closer but you risk burn and any further the efficiency of the lights drops sharply. Best of luck and good vibes for your grow brother!

That looks perfect for a grow! Wish I just had clones show up sometimes lol! It's a different world for some of you guys. I have to find some of those y fixtures. That looks like it will work great.

A disabled freind of mine did not feel like waiting for me to go through the whole research and order seeds thing. He supplied the clones and I think he picked strains that he liked.

The y fixtures are fun and available at most hardware or electronics stores. The triple fixture in the middle is from an old lamp I bought at a yard sale years ago. Kept the fixture when the rest of the lamp was disposed of.

High Two Tokes!

Looking awesome my friend! Great grow space and I love the DIY reflector! I'll be following this for sure! Oh just wondering How close you have them lights? Best range for CFL is about 6 to 8 inches from plants. you can go closer but you risk burn and any further the efficiency of the lights drops sharply. Best of luck and good vibes for your grow brother!

High to you ItsChrome. :hookah: I intend to make this a fun ride.

The light picture was from last Saturday when I was doing a rush job and any light was better than no light. I have since raised the plants and just stuck in a shim (old roasting pan) to get them at the 6 to 8 range.

Now I just need more lights.

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Damn Hole In A Cup

101410_028.JPG

Put Dirt, Plants, Water in Cup

101410_030.JPG

Add Light

101410_031.JPG

Boy, is this simple so far!

Need to work on my photo skills. The Grand Daddy Purple is on the left.

101410_036.JPG

The Headband is in the middle.

101410_037.JPG

The Blue Dragon is on the right.

101410_038.JPG

These pictures are from their first day in their new home which was last Saturday. I will have updated pics latter today.

Meanwhile.....

Be The Plant

101410_039.JPG

:hookah:

Try and figure out a way to get those lights closer, your gals will stretch like crazy if not. Looks good, how much did you end up spending on that thermal-lining?

Yeah, I'd put the plant tray on a large box or something to get the plants closer the the light. Setup looks good though. I always think it's cool when people use 'other cups' then the regular red keg cups! hahaha

Try and figure out a way to get those lights closer, your gals will stretch like crazy if not. Looks good, how much did you end up spending on that thermal-lining?

Hi DustyOldBones. I raised them up on top of some storage containers the next day. This will be shown in tonights pictures.

I used the Reflectix because I had 3+ rolls left over from 5 years ago. I forget the exact cost of the rolls but the amount I will end up using is probably about $60 worth. You can check pricing online. I bought mine at lowes and i know that they still carry it.

You want your cfl's about 6" from your plants. They won't burn them and they need to be that close because of the rapid decrease of their light over distance.

Yeah, I'd put the plant tray on a large box or something to get the plants closer the the light. Setup looks good though. I always think it's cool when people use 'other cups' then the regular red keg cups! hahaha

I can't take credit. The purple was left over from a princess birthday party.

You want your cfl's about 6" from your plants. They won't burn them and they need to be that close because of the rapid decrease of their light over distance.

They are curently sitting about 8" away. I have to stop being lazy and finish the light setup so it goes up and down.

Some photos after the first week.

The Current Set Up

101610_001.JPG

The Family Shot

101610_002.JPG

Grand Daddy Purples

101610_003.JPG

Headband

101610_004.JPG

Blue Dragon

101610_005.JPG

Everybody seems to have thrived during the last week. No current signs of any problems and they all are now tapping their mini hempy reservoirs.

Time to get the bigger pots ready. :hookah:

The plants look great TwoTokes!

They've been in mini-hempies for a week now? Did they already have roots when you put them in there?

Thanks Blue Dog.

The only had roots within their little start plugs or small square of rockwool.

Are you giving them any nutes yet, and have you decided what you're using?

The only nutes they have gotten so far are what comes from the little bit of soil. They are starting to look like they need more than that. When they are transplanted tomorrow they while start being in a nute filled enviroment.

I have three different kinds of Dynamite around. I thought of using the OC+ but for 7 months of the year my space has heat issues. I have some DM Purple and two DM Organic versions. I am thinking of using the the purple in one plant from each strain and doing an organic combination in the other plant from each strain.

I was originally thinking of breaking this down into a seperate grow for each strain but now think it will be much simpler to do all the plants together in one grow. Three seperate light setups was just too much effort.

Love simplicity. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom