6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Got some coco/perlite hempies put together today. Such a comedy of errors. I was wondering all day where the other two Stooges were.

Transplanting in the morning.

Anybody else notice that certain DIY supplies are either sold out or in short supply at hardware stores?

Here are the clones ready to move to their new pots.

102010_002.JPG

Coco/perlite hempy buckets. Buckets courtesy of 99 Cent Store.

102010_001.JPG

This is pretty average for the roots of the six clones. My observation is that I could have watered them less and provided some extra nutes. However, not too bad for being in plugs with tiny roots 9 days ago.

102010_003.JPG

The Dynamite Purple gang in their new homes.

102010_004.JPG

I decided to divide the plants into two groups. There is one plant from each strain in each group. The first group is getting DM Purple and the second group is getting a mixture of DM Organic Brown and Red.

Half the nute dose is above the reservoir and the other half is mixed throughout the medium. The reservoir is 1 1/2' to 2" below the roots after transplant. They should be tapping into it pretty quickly.

Just a few pics of the plants right after they were transplanted.

First the DM Purple Plants

Grand Daddy Purple

102010_005.JPG

Headband

102010_006.JPG

Blue Dragon

102010_007.JPG

Now The DM Organic Plants

Grand Daddy Purple

102010_009.JPG

Headband

102010_010.JPG

Blue Dragon

102010_011.JPG

They all look pretty good and should look healthier once they start sucking in some nutes.

Just smoked some stuff called Black Diamond by my collective. Can't complain about the buzz but the last time I smoked something that harsh it was covered in paraquat. Has to be possible to grow much better smoke.

Now to another glass of chianti.

More when the light get installed and final room setup is done.

Hi Two Tokes, wanting to watch your hempy grow... for future possiblitys, hope you dont mind!
Set up is coming together. Cool idea for you light!

Now for my really stupid questions :bigblush: exactly what is in the pot? Perlite in the bottom? How many inches?

High TT!

Curious to see how your hempy/CRF grow will do, and your journal has a nice vibe ;).

Why did you plant off-center? Are you going to LST, or do did you do it so you could position the plants under the light better while they're small?

Hi Two Tokes, wanting to watch your hempy grow... for future possiblitys, hope you dont mind!
Set up is coming together. Cool idea for you light!

Now for my really stupid questions :bigblush: exactly what is in the pot? Perlite in the bottom? How many inches?

Tmac12, happy to have you aboard.

The pots have coarse perilte to just above the hole. Above that it is approximately a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite for the DM Purple pots. I underestimated my perilte needs so the Organic DM pots Have three layers of coco perlite mix that starts at 50/50 above the hole and falls to 20/80 for the top couple of inches.

I have a deal with Mrs. Tokes that smoking and driving don't mix. :smokin:

High TT!

Curious to see how your hempy/CRF grow will do, and your journal has a nice vibe ;).

Why did you plant off-center? Are you going to LST, or do did you do it so you could position the plants under the light better while they're small?

Welcome SS! I set up the hempy pots along the model of your cannsumer grow. I love the idea of creating a simple "Vacation Hempy System". We need to veg just as much as our plants do.

I don't plan on vegging (plants) too long because this grow is more about going through the process so I can get in a more organized grow before the hot comes back. I did put the plants off center because I would like to work at least some LST into the equation. I think it would be fun to put them at 12/12 on Halloween but who knows? I am just creating it as I go.

Oh ya. The under the light part.

They are only going to be under the light for a couple more days at most. I just finished rewiring the HPS socket to hang the light by its tail. The plants will be sideways to a 400 watt CMH.

Welcome SS! I set up the hempy pots along the model of your cannsumer grow. I love the idea of creating a simple "Vacation Hempy System". We need to veg just as much as our plants do.

yep, don't want to be a slave to my ladies, and the time I do spend with them should be as much fun as possible.

I'm working towards a system where I'll basically just be doing some LST, adjusting the lights and keeping things clean, which just takes a few minutes, and leaves me plenty of time to do other stuff.

I am just creating it as I go.

I don't cook from recipes either ;).

Oh ya. The under the light part.

They are only going to be under the light for a couple more days at most. I just finished rewiring the HPS socket to hang the light by its tail. The plants will be sideways to a 400 watt CMH.

oh man, now I'm even more interested ;).

you're incorporating a lot of the cool ideas going on around here into one grow, and adding your own, so should be a good ride.

Slowly progressing to getting the space set. No big hurry because I wanted the plants to have time to spread some roots before making the jump to the big light.

400 watt cmh Phillip Retro White and magnetic ballast

102210_001.JPG

I did a little test arrangement to make sure everything was going to fit and to plot the distances from the light.

102210_002.JPG

The style of fan was chosen simply because it was the only fan left on the shelf that wasn't a tower. Hard to source fans at the beginning of heater season.

The group shot is from yesterday afternoon. I just peaked in and they have all perked up a little more. It would appear that the roots have found the hempy res.

The wire cage is there to protect the fan and light setup from me. Plus the five inch radius combined with the 9" diameter of the buckets, gives me an easy way to estimate the distance between plants and light.

I still need to design some sort of trellis system but need to go to the 99 Cent Store and buy another bucket. To much chance of damaging a plant when playing with a loaded bucket.

The plants will move up to the big light soon as I figure out how I want to setup the fourth side of the enclosure.

Meanwhile, it is time to find a tap water discussion. In case somebody with knowledge surfs by my tapwater has an average of Alkalinity 150ppm, calcium 60ppm,and total hardness 250ppm. Is that in the neighborhood of being OK to use?

Wow man, I'm LOVING how you are incorporating what a few of us are doing right now...

... for trellis, there will be LOTS of election sign holders up for grabs... :)

Slowly progressing to getting the space set. No big hurry because I wanted the plants to have time to spread some roots before making the jump to the big light.

400 watt cmh Phillip Retro White and magnetic ballast

102210_001.JPG

I did a little test arrangement to make sure everything was going to fit and to plot the distances from the light.

102210_002.JPG

The style of fan was chosen simply because it was the only fan left on the shelf that wasn't a tower. Hard to source fans at the beginning of heater season.

The group shot is from yesterday afternoon. I just peaked in and they have all perked up a little more. It would appear that the roots have found the hempy res.

The wire cage is there to protect the fan and light setup from me. Plus the five inch radius combined with the 9" diameter of the buckets, gives me an easy way to estimate the distance between plants and light.

I still need to design some sort of trellis system but need to go to the 99 Cent Store and buy another bucket. To much chance of damaging a plant when playing with a loaded bucket.

The plants will move up to the big light soon as I figure out how I want to setup the fourth side of the enclosure.

Meanwhile, it is time to find a tap water discussion. In case somebody with knowledge surfs by my tapwater has an average of Alkalinity 150ppm, calcium 60ppm,and total hardness 250ppm. Is that in the neighborhood of being OK to use?

Looks awesome!

For great water discussions, go to DocBud's threads and search for 'total alkalinity'. One of his threads had a really great discussion over 2 or 3 pages that should answer all your q's. Good luck!

Wow man, I'm LOVING how you are incorporating what a few of us are doing right now...

... for trellis, there will be LOTS of election sign holders up for grabs... :)

I am starring across the street at my neighbor's yard drooling. :yummy:

Looks awesome!

For great water discussions, go to DocBud's threads and search for 'total alkalinity'. One of his threads had a really great discussion over 2 or 3 pages that should answer all your q's. Good luck!

Thanks. I know the conversation is out there but I just have not gotten the right pages with my searches.

The tactic I am going to use is just try different water combinations of tap, rain and R/O to see what works. Hard to do much damage with properly ph'd water. Even brokedown and bought some Calmag just in case.

I hope to never buy Calmag again. $20 for $.25 worth of chemicals in a $.25 container. I will definitely be researching all the DIY replacements. :smokin:

I had to take a couple of tokes to realize that I needed two different water solutions because one set of these plants is supposed to be organic.

The Purple DM plants were looking like they might have some early signs of Cal or Mag issues but the Organic plants looked great.

My solution was to use rain water for this round. The DMP plants got rain water with CalMag. The combination looked to have a ph of slightly above 6 and I tried to dial it in a little lower. Just a tiny bit of PH Down sent the ph under 5. Rather than try to fix it, I threw away that gallon and just watered them with an uncorrected version. Pot growing being a bit like horseshoes and nuclear weapons.

The DMO plants got rain water mixed with tap water 50/50 ph'd to 6ish and I threw a light tablespoon of gypsum in the top of the pot for future calcium.

Everybody looks reasonably happy this morning. I think the plants' main problem at the moment is the low amount of light. Only about 1200 lumens per plant. Also the two Blue Dragon are getting the full spectrum craft lights and seem to be getting less of what they need than the other four plants.

Today should bring the CMH into operation plus some first step LST. Enough of the room set up is done to start operation. Only have a little bit of light blockage work and ventilation work left to do and I can start before that is finished. I also want to get an idea of temperatures before completing ventilation set up.

Strange...I am awake but don't smell any coffee? Drooping lids? A caffeine deficiency? Must administer People Nutes! DIY of course. :morenutes:

So I was being real organized and taking a picture of each plant before it was LST'd and after it was LST'd. I did all the plants in a set order and took notes.

The computer uploaded the pictures out of order, only some of the pics and then erased them. Not my default settings.

So the best I can tell you is that these are four of the 6 plants. My best guess is that the first two are organic and the last two are not. All the organic plants looked real nice and all the non-organic plants look a little yellower and show minor problem indicators. However, the non-organic plants all look better than before last night's watering.

I can't complain about the condition of any of the plants.

102510_013.JPG

102510_012.JPG

102510_009.JPG

102510_002.JPG

I might have to resort to making little signs.

Back
Top Bottom