Flowering for 12 weeks why is it taking so long

damnyourhot

ok so i am on i think my 11th or 12th week of flowering i have small space 1 plant about 2-3 fttall maybe just 2ft tall

lookin good never any problems , ha i dont know how i managed that

this is my 1st ever grow

i learned what to do from this site entirly

ok so i have 3 cfls and 1 tube 20watt cool

i feed water prune what not

now most the plant has gotten frosty looking in the last 3-5 days maybe the last 7 days

smells pretty ok if u stick ur face to it too i sampled a bud about a week or two ago and it got me a head change but wasnt very tasty at all

should i go ahead and cure and harvest now u think ?
or wait some more if it just became frosty aka the trichromes are pretty long now shouldnt i have like 3 weeks at least b4 the trikes even change hard to beleive that after about 1 week of clearly seeing trikes everywhere that i would be ready for harvest lots of clear milky hairs and even amount almost of red hairs

With cfl's it takes quite a while longer for them to mature. Now that summer is here you might be better off to move them outside and use a black plastic to simulate the 12/12 change.

I would say that plant isn't even close to being done. Just a question, although it may sound dumb, did you start over counting weeks when you started flowering? So, when you flower, you start over at week 1. What color are the trichs? Clear cloudy or amber or a mix

I would say that plant isn't even close to being done. Just a question, although it may sound dumb, did you start over counting weeks when you started flowering? So, when you flower, you start over at week 1. What color are the trichs? Clear cloudy or amber or a mix

i planted dec 28th 08
vegged until feb

feb 1st or actully jan 28th changed to flowering

been flowering for what 11 weeks now

the trikes were all clear 4-5 days ago - now thier all getting cloudy i think ive spoted 1-5 or more that kinda looked amber no i wouldnt validate saying thier amber yet

What strain is it? Some pure sativas can take 16-20 weeks even under optimum conditions.

IMG_04411.JPG
yep they did heres the end result

biggest jar has had carmel extract 6 hrs in and out trying to cure in a carmelly taste

doesnt look like much it isnt but its my 1st harvest - more buds in jars then it looks overall happy but coulda been wayy better had i just bought those darn co2 tabbs

but coulda been wayy better had i just bought those darn co2 tabbs

Not with 3 cfls and 1 tube 20watt. You wouldn't see any real benefit of adding CO2 to your plants without adding a lot more light. And possibly higher temperatures and somewhat higher humidity (can't remember your exact conditions).

You actually did a good thing by not spending the money on them.

looks like you got a good bit of bud. Not a ton but thats good. Which would you prefer, fluffy and lots of it OR dense and two medium sized buds..... think about it

hey man u did alright for a first timer hope your buds are bomb weed,im curently doing my first grow and im in week 3 of flower and the budds look the size of a marble,were yours small at first and just blow up around week 5-6??

A yeast fermentation reaction from your homemade wine making kit? Dropping "fizzy-tabs" into water - either the CO2 tabs, Alka Seltzer (that's the "seltzer" part), or those vitamin tabs that give you a fruity carbonated drink? Running a gas-burner? Putting a chunk of "dry ice" in the GR?

The (biggest) problem with all of the above is... How much CO2 are you producing? And with the exception of the CO2 Burner, how do you effectively start/stop it?

The good way of adding CO2 isn't by creating it, it's by running a CO2 tank with a controller/monitor that interfaces with your fans so that it is only operating when your fans aren't and vice-versa (yet another good reason why the air-cooled lights' air should be completely separate from the GR's air - you can then run the fan that pulls hot air from your light without losing any of the CO2.

And although the initial expense of a CO2 tank is nothing to sneeze at - and a good controller setup can run hundreds of dollars or more, the actual yearly costs for the CO2 that you use are pretty cheap.

im very interested any news or ideas will be read over and over till i get it lol

Back
Top Bottom