FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

Re: FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

I use a sous vide machine. I found one for fairly cheap on Amazon. I also vacuum seal my herb/hash so that's a second machine.
420-magazine-mobile1700090525.jpg

Conventional ovens aren't precise in their temps. It gets hotter and cooler as the heating element turns on and off. It uses sensors to try to average the temperature but the temp has to fluctuate by so many degrees before it triggers the element.

The sous vide is specialized to hold a preset temp within a tight margin for a very long time.

It's possible to decarb in an oven and I'm sure millions of people have found success. Our oven is old and keeping the temp even was impossible for us.

Is there really a big difference in that and say, using my oven? In your opinion does it really decarb 100%? I just wanna know if it's worth $200. I'm cash poor right now.

I use a sous vide machine. I found one for fairly cheap on Amazon. I also vacuum seal my herb/hash so that's a second machine.
420-magazine-mobile1700090525.jpg

Conventional ovens aren't precise in their temps. It gets hotter and cooler as the heating element turns on and off. It uses sensors to try to average the temperature but the temp has to fluctuate by so many degrees before it triggers the element.

The sous vide is specialized to hold a preset temp within a tight margin for a very long time.

It's possible to decarb in an oven and I'm sure millions of people have found success. Our oven is old and keeping the temp even was impossible for us.
Thanks. Are you happy with the results of that machine? This is where I get confused a little. What temp does the flower need to reach? Is 190° F hot enough? How long do you set it? I know I'm not getting resluts I'm happy with. I've tried butter, Cannaoil and rso. I think improper decarb is the cause.

Thanks. Are you happy with the results of that machine? This is where I get confused a little. What temp does the flower need to reach? Is 190° F hot enough? How long do you set it? I know I'm not getting resluts I'm happy with. I've tried butter, Cannaoil and rso. I think improper decarb is the cause.
I put it on the highest temp for 90 minutes. It's in the 190s.

My understanding is that the temp and time is dependent on one another. What I mean is the lower you go, the longer you have to do it. Sweetsue has a couple threads that discuss this process.

Day 41 (this post was started last night and finished today. Most photos are from yesterday).
Gorilla Glue is getting leggy so we decided to turn on the blue LEDs to slow down vertical stretch.
Disco lights.
420-magazine-mobile1204916186.jpg

Blue off, blue on.
420-magazine-mobile1055102099.jpg

Northern Lights got some grooming. These photos are after I cleaned out some very low fans and a couple light-starved tiny nodes. If it was likely to get splashed easily during feeding, I took it out.
420-magazine-mobile1266728774.jpg

Then I trained her.
420-magazine-mobile697988573.jpg

That was yesterday. This was what NL looked like this morning. Day 41
420-magazine-mobile1005298456.jpg

Day 46
Starting with Northern Lights. I defoliated a little today, maybe 12 leaves. Worked in the center mostly and took out fans that couldn't be ponytailed or tucked out of the way of new growth.
420-magazine-mobile1868375578.jpg

Gorilla Glue is getting skunky. I don't know what she's supposed to smell like. I'll look it up. Brb.
I'm back. Here's what Leafly has to say.
420-magazine-mobile949182940.jpg

That sounds about right, but it's just a baby smell right now. :)
GG is slow and steady. But so graceful.
420-magazine-mobile1855821291.jpg

Gorilla Glue is picking up the pace on buds.
420-magazine-mobile1814958848.jpg

Pretty little girls. Basking in the light--
420-magazine-mobile1061054926.jpg

The light!
420-magazine-mobile1993569594.jpg

Northern Lights got new lights!
420-magazine-mobile1128311103.jpg

Canopy measures at 20,000 lumens. Nice. This light was a gift from our friends. Nez popped it in and there you go.
The heat is going to possibly be a problem. I'll let NezFleur explain his method of dealing with the heat. See what you think. :)

The light produces more heat than the exhaust system can remove. This leads to a temperature rise in the cabinet above a reasonable temp for the plants. Only way to reduce the temperature is to reduce the heat. I do that by turning the light off when it is too hot and back on when it gets reasonable.

Day 51. It's very early in the morning. :)
I was gone several days this week so Nez had to take over the plant care. He didn't do any training. The girls went nuts! :D
I pulled lots of fan leaves out of Northern Lights and did some leaf tucking. I tugged down a couple branches on the left to even the canopy. Before and after.
420-magazine-mobile1892668235.jpg

The pile of leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1244971961.jpg

Gorilla Glue. She's so leggy. So sexy. She got so tall while I was away.
Then I beat the shit out of her. I supercropped most of her branches and I gave the lengths of most of her stems a gentle pinching. I want to strengthen them for all the massive buds! Before and after.
420-magazine-mobile366217365.jpg

Nez added Recharge to their dinner tonight. I can't wait to see how GG responds to the training. Night!

Looks good FLower! Definitely interested in seeing how that stem pinching works relative to strengthening to hold up buds. I could have used some of that on my ATF crop. I have to order some more plant yo-yos

"Massive buds" seems like as noble a pursuit as any! :thumb:

I need to read up on autos and best practices. Let me know if you have any favorite reading material when it comes to autos, Flower.

Back
Top Bottom