FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

re: FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

Did you use equal amount of trimmings in each bag?
The first bag is the "work bag" because that's where all the work of stirring happens. The trimmings all went in the work bag with the ice and water. That work bag strains just water and particles small enough to pass through it into the second bag. There are 8 bags total. Each bag has mesh at the bottom with smaller and smaller holes.

What did you learn using the different sizes?
I learned that I didn't need all the sizes. I'll probably use just 3 bags next time instead of all 8.

I also learned to have plenty of ice on hand. The water needs to stay cold through the whole process for best results. My water to ice ratio should have been 50/50 but it was closer to 70/30 with not enough ice. Since it wasn't really cold, a lot of resin became sticky and didn't want to come off the mesh. Wasted more than I wanted.

420-magazine-mobile178796696.jpg

Here's what came with the bags. There are lots of helpful YouTube vids of people using them too.

Can you use a drill and a paint paddle to do the stirring? Just think that might be easier if you do it on a lower setting.

And thank you for the directions and info. Good to know. I have gotten to the point where I know I need to start planning for what to do with the extra stuff other than buds. Never really tried hash so don't know what to expect. I would like to take a stab at doing the oils.

Definitely! We just weren't prepared. Haha

live and learn. I know what to get if I decide to go the hash route. I have the drill and paint paddle, just need the bags and lots of ice

live and learn. I know what to get if I decide to go the hash route. I have the drill and paint paddle, just need the bags and lots of ice

"Waste not, Want not" always comes to mind!:cheesygrinsmiley: All that wonderful looking sugar on the trimmings needs to be used and makes great smoke also!

Day 13
We'll start with nutes in a day or two. Today I gave the girls some good stuff, though.
420-magazine-mobile1011455870.jpg

We've used it for every grow, but this may be the first time I've posted about it especially. It smells like beef soup mix. I don't KNOW that it helps. But it's never hurt and we already spent money on it. :)
They look happy and healthy to me. Gorilla Glue even has roots poking out the bottom of her cube. I want a few more before I put her in coco.
420-magazine-mobile1615581840.jpg

Northern Lights looks good too. She's just a little bit slower.
420-magazine-mobile1570478352.jpg

So tiny and cute.
420-magazine-mobile1412026033.jpg

The hash making looks awesome. Sounds like it was pretty painless for you. I have the George Cervantes book and it fits with the technique he shows. They have the bags at my local hydro shop too.

Did you put strains together? I was thinking I'd keep my trimmings separated by strain, since I expect one strain to make far superior tasting hash.

The hash making looks awesome. Sounds like it was pretty painless for you. I have the George Cervantes book and it fits with the technique he shows. They have the bags at my local hydro shop too.

Did you put strains together? I was thinking I'd keep my trimmings separated by strain, since I expect one strain to make far superior tasting hash.

Nah. Didn't combine strains. :) We plan to keep them separate.

Oh Nice!! I'm actually using Recharge as well. Good stuff. Makes for a lot of foam in my dwc.

Edit: It smells chocolaty to me.

Oh Nice!! I'm actually using Recharge as well. Good stuff. Makes for a lot of foam in my dwc.

Edit: It smells chocolaty to me.

Does recharge break down well? Great white kinda just sinks to the bottom and looks gross

Does recharge break down well? Great white kinda just sinks to the bottom and looks gross

I change my water once a week and add about 1.5 tsp of Recharge twice a week, (in about 3.5 Gallons of water), just after fresh nutes/water and then again mid week. I notice a little residue when I'm cleaning the buckets during my weekly change but I think it mixes well as the water is quite brown after using it. But then maybe my bubbles keep it mixed more?
I just know I have nice white roots that are growing like crazy. I'm using the Recharge with GH's Trio, GH Rapidstart, Diamond Nectar, ArmorSi and one plant is also on CaliMagic, (I'm experimenting with that one since it's high in Calcium and we have really hard water around here).

I change my water once a week and add about 1.5 tsp of Recharge twice a week, (in about 3.5 Gallons of water), just after fresh nutes/water and then again mid week. I notice a little residue when I'm cleaning the buckets during my weekly change but I think it mixes well as the water is quite brown after using it. But then maybe my bubbles keep it mixed more?
I just know I have nice white roots that are growing like crazy. I'm using the Recharge with GH's Trio, GH Rapidstart, Diamond Nectar, ArmorSi and one plant is also on CaliMagic, (I'm experimenting with that one since it's high in Calcium and we have really hard water around here).

Good call, my tap water requires no calmag it would seem. Maybe the residue is what I'm noticing as well. Between two air stones and a top fed setup, I feel like waters definitely moving around in there. I'm new to hydro so I appreciate the insight. I know recharge is getting a lot of good press lately.

It settles a little. I just shake it really well before watering.

Thanks! I might try it after I finish great white. I remembered hearing something about great white and tap water not jiving together so well. I might be wasting my time anyways haha

Good call, my tap water requires no calmag it would seem. Maybe the residue is what I'm noticing as well. Between two air stones and a top fed setup, I feel like waters definitely moving around in there. I'm new to hydro so I appreciate the insight. I know recharge is getting a lot of good press lately.

I'm new too. I'm on my first grow right now. Not just with water but first grow, period. It's been a very neat learning experience so far. Makes me wish I would have gotten into horticulture a long time ago. Good luck on yours!

Hey flower just a quick question i have some white hairs popping up on the main bud site or i think its white hairs, you know im a first time grower can you explain to me what it is ?

Photo for reference
420-magazine-mobile673640299.jpg

Back
Top Bottom