Flushing Duration RDWC

I've been maxing out feed
When you withhold nutrients, I would expect that they'll change to a different color as they die and rot - green to yellow to black.

As best I can tell - meaning the reading that I've done - the harshness of burning weed is a function of how the crop is dried and cured. I have never seen anything that concludes anything other than the amount of nutes fed to plants has no impact on the taste of the product when smoked. It's not something I've done a lot of reading on, to be frank, because none of the grows that I've done have resulted in a harsh smoke.
The dry and cure are definitely important, what happens before counts too. If there's less harsh compounds like extra chlorophyll or whatever breaks down during the cure the better.
Dry and cure for sure but better going in better out. Of its super harsh it's hard to fix in the dry/cure. But when it's pretty smooth to begin with +the slow dry and perfect cure makes some awesome smoke.

The flushing I'm asking about is for a hydro dwc plant.

right. i'm a couple bowls in.

you still don't need to flush. the plant simply doesn't up take the same as it matures.

it's not like you can force feed it. cannabis generally peaks in nutrient uptake around 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through flower, then it drops a touch and plateaus, and finally stops altogether. we've usually harvested by that point.

i've had 120+ day sativas that pretty much quit feeding by the time the trichs were in the window. at that point there's no reason to either flush or feed. i usually just do one straight water at the end, not a flush, and it's only to keep moisture in the plant for chop and cure.

I've been maxing out feed

The dry and cure are definitely important, what happens before counts too. If there's less harsh compounds like extra chlorophyll or whatever breaks down during the cure the better.
Dry and cure for sure but better going in better out. Of its super harsh it's hard to fix in the dry/cure. But when it's pretty smooth to begin with +the slow dry and perfect cure makes some awesome smoke.
If those are your concerns, you'll want keep the chlorophyll levels in check and make sure that your plants aren't too harsh before you harvest them. I've never run into those issues so I can't be of much help.

If you flushed all the nutrients out what would be the point???

are we talking compost ?
if it grew it can compost after harvest. not sure i'm following .. can you elaborate ?

are we talking compost ?
if it grew it can compost after harvest. not sure i'm following .. can you elaborate ?
Please forgive me, I'm being a smart ass and using your comments because I can tell you wouldn't get offended. I was just making a point that flushing nutes out of a plant is goofy because even after they are dead and composted they still give off nutes. Like folks say...I don't want Chlorophyll....it's harsh...look at my awesome green buds and my yellow leaf....we don't smoke leaves yo...I know you get it, now I hope someone else does and saves some time. One more thing, I reuse soil up to 4 runs...I have to no flush in order for the 3 gal veg tent to go straight into the 5 gal flower pots I just harvested with no nute gaps.

Back
Top Bottom