Flushing

Harvest time is not judged by the color of the hairs, it is judged by the color of the trichomes. A 50/50 mix is cloudy/amber trichomes is considered optimal by most, and flushing should commence at least one week before harvest. This flushing period may be longer for plants that are heavily fed. :peace:

Thanks alot fox. so how do you go about judging when to flush if trichromes are still white? will trichromes continue to change color from clear>cloudy>amber during the drying and curing process. Can flushing help speed up the maturing of trichromes?

Once the plant is cut the trichs don't continue to mature. So, the maturing must be done while the plant is still intact. ;-) Try to be patient. Most people wait for the trichs to be cloudy/amber 50/50, and then flush.

Once the plant is cut the trichs don't continue to mature. So, the maturing must be done while the plant is still intact. ;-) Try to be patient. Most people wait for the trichs to be cloudy/amber 50/50, and then flush.
i am wondering what exactly flushing is? this is my 1st time growing and my plants 7blockhead, 7 bubbakush) are in the 1st of the flowering stages and i havent really read anything on flushing so could you help me out with this? thanks

i am wondering what exactly flushing is? this is my 1st time growing and my plants 7blockhead, 7 bubbakush) are in the 1st of the flowering stages and i havent really read anything on flushing so could you help me out with this? thanks

You can flush to stop nute LOCK OUT or flush to get out all of the nutes 1 week before harvest, use CLEAREX with water if in HYDRO, flushin helps get rid of chlorophyl and built up nutrients like nitrogen and potassium, so that it tastes , smells, and burns better. Look like you need to wait for a few weeks , or wait till half your TRICHES turn amber, then flush. GET A magnifier

60xMagnifier-600.jpg

:thanks: so much tintala! i appreciate all the help i can get seeing how this is my first offical grow. so when i am getting ready to "flush" should i then start using this clearex becuz i am growing in hydro? and can i buy that at my local gardening/hydroponics store? how much should i use etc? :peace:

:thanks: so much tintala! i appreciate all the help i can get seeing how this is my first offical grow. so when i am getting ready to "flush" should i then start using this clearex becuz i am growing in hydro? and can i buy that at my local gardening/hydroponics store? how much should i use etc? :peace:

YEs: follow the directions on the back of the bottle for hydro: I think it's 10ml / gal. after flushing with clearex for a few days, I like to change that to PH'd plain water for the rest of the flush like 5 more days. Your hydro store will have it, BOTANICARE makes it. Make sure you get out MOST of the nutes before adding the CLEAREX.
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom