Do you flush before harvest

Do you flush before harvest?

• No, I feed until the end.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Yes, I flush with water only.

Votes: 110 75.9%
  • Yes, I flush with additives or a solution.

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters
I've been testing Clearex from Bitonicare.

Even with Organic nutrients, feeding to the end results in bad tasting weed. Using Clearex as directed does wonders and greatly reduces the curing time require to get a smooth taste. I can't tell the difference when used 1 week or 2 weeks before harvest; I've been sticking with 6 days.

I'm using sweet as well, but quit after the Clearex treatment. I may try continuing sweet; thanks for the tip....

"Flushing" refers to giving the plant plain water (no nutrients) and at higher then normal volume. This is done either to combat certain complications, such as nutrient burn, or to flush the plants system clean before harvest. Residual nutrients in the buds can lead to a harsh smoke that crackles as it burns and does not taste very good at all. By that point, we can simply call them "impurities".

Speaking to the original topic, I flush at least a good 3-4 weeks before harvest. The last few days the plants are given no water whatsoever. :peace:

FUUCK! 3-4 weeks! Is that really nesacary? IMO all that will do is seriously diminish your yeild and quality. I've only ever flushed for 10 days at most and its fine but now I flush 7 days cuz I've learned its a waste to go any longer. My method is this I use clearex at full strength for three days and then half strength for two and then pure water for two.

I've 'flushed' plants for six months, keeping them in total dark. This way all - literally all - of the chlorophyll is used up, and the bud is yellow, the smoke delicate and aromatic.

this is bullshit if I ever heard it! You don't gotta lie to kick it!

And the guy saying he has a budding 6 foot 3 tall plant that has had zero nutes is either lying or thats some fuckin fertile soil hes got her in! Fuck dig that shit up and sell the dirt bro I'm sure we'd all love dirt that feeds thru veg and bloom! Thats fuckin awsome dude!!

this is bullshit if I ever heard it! You don't gotta lie to kick it!

And the guy saying he has a budding 6 foot 3 tall plant that has had zero nutes is either lying or thats some fuckin fertile soil hes got her in! Fuck dig that shit up and sell the dirt bro I'm sure we'd all love dirt that feeds thru veg and bloom! Thats fuckin awsome dude!!
You saw through that BS too huh? lol I don't know what some of these guys think they are accomplishing by telling tall stories but anyone with experience will see right through them.

1st time growing and I haven't harvested but i'm planning on flushing with just water a month before harvest
sounds like a lot compared to a lot of other people here but I just heard the earlier you flush the better

1st time growing and I haven't harvested but i'm planning on flushing with just water a month before harvest
sounds like a lot compared to a lot of other people here but I just heard the earlier you flush the better
well you heard wrong. Your plants will add a ton of weight the last 4 weeks and by depriving them of food for a complete month you will have a extremely hungry plant with a reduced yield. Think about it...you want to stop feeding them half way through the flowering cycle. 2weeks is way more than enough. heck...1 week is enough if done right.

well you heard wrong. Your plants will add a ton of weight the last 4 weeks and by depriving them of food for a complete month you will have a extremely hungry plant with a reduced yield. Think about it...you want to stop feeding them half way through the flowering cycle. 2weeks is way more than enough. heck...1 week is enough if done right.

agreed...

Biocare sells a product called Sweet to boost carbs. It seems to help budding, especially helps compensate for low N in the budding nutrients. Using it after the flush adds a sweet cherry like taste. It's okay, but it might not go with every variety. They also have a citrus version that I haven't tried.

Follow the directions, or use half strength - nice thing is they have it figured out so you don't get a lot of bacteria or other issues.

I'm one against the sweet additives. It's adding unknown elements to your bud. Carbo= mollasses but your paying about $10.00 for a half a cup or so instead of only a dollar or two for twice the amount.
When i tried sweet I ended up with some harsh ass smoke that sparked and popped and burned black ash when I smoked it. it was full of crap that the sweet added. I stopped the sweet and went back to just PBP and everything burns clean with a nice grey ash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've 'flushed' plants for six months, keeping them in total dark. This way all - literally all - of the chlorophyll is used up, and the bud is yellow, the smoke delicate and aromatic.
How did the plants survive? Was it in a time released soil medium?? This is very interesting. I have had some yellow bud that was extremely fluffy popcorn buds. Good smoothe smoke. Not too strong of a taste though

LOL!!
BTW Your avatar is great. What a cute face and look on that puppy.

She is actually about 5 yrs. old or so. She certainly is cute though... That's what usually gets most people in trouble though... She is VERY protective and the first thing strangers want to do is hug or kiss her... big mistake... LOL! Thank you, though; I will let her know...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom