Following Sunrise & Sunset Times Indoors

Phil67

420 Member
I decided to try to follow the fall sunrise and sunset schedule on my indoor grow.
Right now I've got a Northern lights and a Bruce Banner going in a 4 x 4 with 750w cob. I started at 13.5 hours on and just over a week later, whites hairs started. One of the fastest switches I've ever had. I'm taking 1 minute off "Sunrise" and 2 minutes off of "Sunset". Seems to be working surprisingly well. Anybody try it?

a lot of the new led fixtures can be programmed any which way the grower likes. it's intended for this purpose. they even ramp the light up / down at the beginning and end of the day cycle to mimic dawn / dusk.

i built cob rigs with burple and red 5050 smds added. the smds kick on for a 1/2 hour at the beginning and end of each light sched, and are part of the total day cycle. it's cheap mimic of sunrise / sunset and does something similar. i also start flower at 12 /12 then cut back to 11/ 13 after the first two weeks, also a cheap mimic of what you are doing.

a lot of the new led fixtures can be programmed any which way the grower likes. it's intended for this purpose. they even ramp the light up / down at the beginning and end of the day cycle to mimic dawn / dusk.

i built cob rigs with burple and red 5050 smds added. the smds kick on for a 1/2 hour at the beginning and end of each light sched, and are part of the total day cycle. it's cheap mimic of sunrise / sunset and does something similar. i also start flower at 12 /12 then cut back to 11/ 13 after the first two weeks, also a cheap mimic of what you are doing.
Ya I haven't adjusted the light itself yet, just losing 3 min a day. Wifi timers are the cats ass lol. I'm just amazed at how fast they progressing under 13 hours of light. Was kinda worried they wouldn't switch over because not enough darkness,but they're doing great

Ya I haven't adjusted the light itself yet, just losing 3 min a day. Wifi timers are the cats ass lol. I'm just amazed at how fast they progressing under 13 hours of light. Was kinda worried they wouldn't switch over because not enough darkness,but they're doing great

i prefer 11/13 if the light is strong enough. it can cut flower time by a week to 2 weeks. i always start flower at 12/12, they really kick in when you cut the extra hour after the first two weeks. i let it ride 11/13 all the rest of the way to finish.

i prefer 11/13 if the light is strong enough. it can cut flower time by a week to 2 weeks. i always start flower at 12/12, they really kick in when you cut the extra hour after the first two weeks. i let it ride 11/13 all the rest of the way to finish.
Yup that's the way I've pretty much always done it. Have supplementary lighting in there too ( 2 150w hps). Thought I'd try this to give them extra light. By the time they're done, be down to about 11.5 hrs of light.
P.S. Bluter love your work, you have some great gardening skills. I'm a big mega crop fan as well

Back
Top Bottom