For experienced growers: What is your favourite strain and why?

DrSeeds

Hi, this post is for experienced growers who have grown more than 10 different strains successfully in their lifetime. What is your favourite strain and why?

11 different strains so far.

Favorite for two years is Hiydrow.
Although one I just harvested about a month or so ago is quickly becoming my new favorite which is called Honey Peach CBD auto.

Both strains are favorites because of several factors.
One is I much prefer the high of a strain with high CBD in at least a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio.
Hiydrow is 16% CBD and 8% THC
Honey Peach CBD, is 12% CBD and 9% THC.
Also these high CBD strains are good for pain relief.

Both of these strains grown 100% organic no-till are also very smooth and quite tasty flavor wise after several months curing.

I'd have to say Grandaddy Purple. From looks to type of high and medical benefits for the wife. I've not grown anything that comes close yet. Second place if that counts lol, White Rhino. With that one it's all about flavor and smell. It was a cut I was gifted. Smelled like a jar of strawberry jam everytime I dug into it.

I'd have to say Grandaddy Purple. From looks to type of high and medical benefits for the wife. I've not grown anything that comes close yet. Second place if that counts lol, White Rhino. With that one it's all about flavor and smell. It was a cut I was gifted. Smelled like a jar of strawberry jam everytime I dug into it.
A lot of people say Granddaddy Purple is their FAV. Interesting.

11 different strains so far.

Favorite for two years is Hiydrow.
Although one I just harvested about a month or so ago is quickly becoming my new favorite which is called Honey Peach CBD auto.

Both strains are favorites because of several factors.
One is I much prefer the high of a strain with high CBD in at least a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio.
Hiydrow is 16% CBD and 8% THC
Honey Peach CBD, is 12% CBD and 9% THC.
Also these high CBD strains are good for pain relief.

Both of these strains grown 100% organic no-till are also very smooth and quite tasty flavor wise after several months curing.
Is the reason CBD strains are preferred because they cut down on the psychoactive effects of the THC?

Is the reason CBD strains are preferred because they cut down on the psychoactive effects of the THC?
For me, yes, too much THC and I get the paranoid anxiety thing.
The CBD plus the lower THC gives these strains more of that old school buzz like I grew up with back in the 70s.
More mellow, relaxing, pleasurable.

But also medicinally the higher CBD is better for most pain relief.
If I need a little more THC then I will sprinkle on a bit of Blueberry or whatever mixed in with the CBD strain.

Which frankly that's mostly how I smoke anyway.
We usually have about 4 strains in various stages of cure and I will mix and match to whatever I need at the moment.

You know a thought just came to me that would be cool for a breeder to do is try to pair strains to be grown together and used together in tandem.

Like a strain that's high in CBD like 16+% and a nice terpene profile, paired with a strain that's high in THC with a terpene profile that pairs well with the other strain.

Or a strain high in THCV paired with a 1:1 strain with terpenes that pair well with THCV.

Then do a profile of these two strains combined at 50/50 what the total THC, CBD, THCV, CBG, CBN and terpenes should be.

Think I've done about 30 so far. Got a few favourites in different categories.

The unique stone award goes to fastbuds blue dreammatic.
Fuckin lovely stuff. Nice n citrusy, light smoke that leaves you in a beautiful hazy day dream. Makes you feel all warm n fuzzy Inside like your being hugged from a psychedelic care bear.
Reckon it must be pretty trippy at high doses but I never tried it.

Strongest smoke award goes to dutch passion photo night queen. Straight up Afghan Kush that hits harder than a really hard thing. Wipe out material. If you want something to seriously fuck your day up that's the girl for the job.

Most useful award goes to mephisto ripleys og auto. I suffer from bad anxiety from time to time and that stuff kills it dead. Instantly and at very low doses so can smoke at work if it's needed. :)

And lastly my favourite day timer goes to
Auto ultimate. It gets a bit of a hard time for not being very strong. Which is true but its a really nice smoke. Like a light lemon haze. Can smoke it all day without ending up minced.
I realise the down side to that but it is a big plus for many of us.

Ooh shit actually, the edge photo by dutch passion is pretty mental too. It's a pain in the ass to grow, takes forever but its 80% sativa and leaves you absolutely buzzing your tits off. No stone just go go go! Can't sit still for hours after a big blast of that one. Not a great idea to smoke it at night though. Kept me up a few times before I learned my lesson lol.

The unique stone award goes to fastbuds blue dreammatic.
Fuckin lovely stuff. Nice n citrusy, light smoke that leaves you in a beautiful hazy day dream. Makes you feel all warm n fuzzy Inside like your being hugged from a psychedelic care bear.
Reckon it must be pretty trippy at high doses but I never tried it.

I grow predominantly Autos, so that may skew things a bit. Probably grown 20-30 different strains in the last 4 years.

I'll go with @Barney86 on the Blue Dream'matic from Fastbuds. Best "All Arounder". Flavor, effect, ease of grow, yield, speed, etc. It ticks all my boxes. If I were left to choose only one strain to grow from here on out, it would be the one.

I grow predominantly Autos, so that may skew things a bit. Probably grown 20-30 different strains in the last 4 years.

I'll go with @Barney86 on the Blue Dream'matic from Fastbuds. Best "All Arounder". Flavor, effect, ease of grow, yield, speed, etc. It ticks all my boxes. If I were left to choose only one strain to grow from here on out, it would be the one.
Yeah I'm definitely gonna do the matic again sometime. Here's one I done last year. Really is easy to grow too. Forgiving strain for newbies and I reckon they could easily hit a pound if you pushed it.
She was sharing a 600w hps with 6 others and they all got that size. 4-5oz each.
Screenshot_20190605-194706.png

Yeah I'm definitely gonna do the matic again sometime. Here's one I done last year. Really is easy to grow too. Forgiving strain for newbies and I reckon they could easily hit a pound if you pushed it.
She was sharing a 600w hps with 6 others and they all got that size. 4-5oz each.
Screenshot_20190605-194706.png

I had 4 plants sharing 32"x32" tent (7 sq/ft, which is tight quarters) and they all were about 4.5 oz. I have 3 plants in the tent now (2 of which are BD's). One is 4.5ish and I'm thinking this one will weigh in 8+.

Pineapple Chunk, great smoke, hardy plants, big buds, newby proof, pack it on last 2 weeks every time...never let me down... Barneys Farm.

For me, yes, too much THC and I get the paranoid anxiety thing.
The CBD plus the lower THC gives these strains more of that old school buzz like I grew up with back in the 70s.
More mellow, relaxing, pleasurable.

But also medicinally the higher CBD is better for most pain relief.
If I need a little more THC then I will sprinkle on a bit of Blueberry or whatever mixed in with the CBD strain.

Which frankly that's mostly how I smoke anyway.
We usually have about 4 strains in various stages of cure and I will mix and match to whatever I need at the moment.

You know a thought just came to me that would be cool for a breeder to do is try to pair strains to be grown together and used together in tandem.

Like a strain that's high in CBD like 16+% and a nice terpene profile, paired with a strain that's high in THC with a terpene profile that pairs well with the other strain.

Or a strain high in THCV paired with a 1:1 strain with terpenes that pair well with THCV.

Then do a profile of these two strains combined at 50/50 what the total THC, CBD, THCV, CBG, CBN and terpenes should be.

Great to see someone else mixing strains...I always feel like a closet freak when I do it. Like I should enjoy each strain on its own merits.

However, when I mix my CKS Black Indica with some crazy bag seed Dutch Treat I swear to God I see vapor trails...its awesome!!!

I had 4 plants sharing 32"x32" tent (7 sq/ft, which is tight quarters) and they all were about 4.5 oz. I have 3 plants in the tent now (2 of which are BD's). One is 4.5ish and I'm thinking this one will weigh in 8+.

Was that done without bloom nutes too then?
I'm gonna do a showcase auto at some point soon to secure a new sponsor. Been saving a pack of BCN critical x power for it but think I might have to go get some more BD now. Getting serious cravings for that fuzzy loveliness lol.

Great to see someone else mixing strains...I always feel like a closet freak when I do it. Like I should enjoy each strain on its own merits.

However, when I mix my CKS Black Indica with some crazy bag seed Dutch Treat I swear to God I see vapor trails...its awesome!!!
I like putting pollen in with my weed to get more of a body stone. I realise that probably offends most people here but fuck it, theyre my lungs lol.

Well that settles what the next two strains I am growing will be.
I was growing a Honey Peach CBD auto for sure, but had about 6 others I was deciding between as the second one.
Blue Dreamatic was one of those 6.
Looks like it will be Blue Dreamatic
Fuck yeah mate do It, you won't be disappointed:) just don't expect them to be finished very quick. Mine took about 110 days on 18/6

Was that done without bloom nutes too then?

Yep

As to not totally hijack the tread...Sweet Trainwreck from Sweet Seeds is my top "party weed" choice. Lemony Tea flavor. Has made me see visions of a deceased squirrel's soul, ascending to the heavens. Very trippy high.

Yep

As to not totally hijack the tread...Sweet Trainwreck from Sweet Seeds is my top "party weed" choice. Lemony Tea flavor. Has made me see visions of a deceased squirrel's soul, ascending to the heavens. Very trippy high.
Hahaha what the fuck mate . That's the best sentence I've read in ages. Sounds like fun lol

Back
Top Bottom