For the stoner mom's only

learning2fly

:hmmmm:
hello it's me again,i have sort of an interesting little stuationand question as it says in the profile i am the mother 2 little girls of course one isn't so little anymore(12).here's the prob the 12 year old came to me the other day and say's momma what were you and daddy doing in the garage????????:hmmmm:and so i sit her down we have a 1hour heart to heart about this an "ADULT"thing that alot of "ADULTS"do.and i followed this with this is not something that your friends need know and of she ended this conversation with a hug and "ok mom whatever" and left with feeling of did i do right ,or did i fuck up??????????????some one please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:adore: :thedoubletake:

Re: 4 the stoner mom's only!!

Schools will try to brainwash your kids into reporting their own parents to authorities. Most of the time kids loyality comes first, but still be careful. Propaganda is a powerful thing on an open mind.

Personally, I think you should try to smoke in an area where your kids won't bust you. Maybe go out somewhere instead. When your kid gets a little older you can tell them the truth about marijuana.

Yes schools are the worst place for your kids learn about weed, unless they hang out with the stoners when they get older, like most of us did. They have programs comeing in like d.a.r.e, I just dont understand why they ( goverment, whoever) pays soo much money for this "drug war". When you look back it just dont make no since.

Well, in high school, one of my best friends ever (still is), his mom smoked/s and hooked us up sometimes. He had a little brother, about 10 when he was 16. We'd (me and him) would go to his moms with some herb, ask to smoke their bong, and light up in the living room listening to KMK. Good times, but everytime his little brother would yell something from his room we had to put EVERYTHING away even though he was yelling, "I know you're just smoking pot!" Apparently, he didn't have a problem with it, hell, he even wanted to smoke with his mom. I wouldn't allow it, my self but know what? They did. (I stopped going over there before this happened) I heard that he smoked a bong with his mom and his 10 y/o brother....

I think you should tell your children (maybe when they're a lil older, though) but I still think you should eventually and you should inform her on everything from it's benifits to hemp to criminal offenses and all. I don't know, it's just my opinion. Then maybe she'd know what mommy does is considered 'wrong' by the gov't but she's know it's all good, cus it is. :cheesygrinsmiley: :allgood:

Cherry Eyed reminds me of a good friends of mine little brouther. Although he knows what it is, because he knows his older brouther and sister are both avid pot smokers along with his parents, he wants to do it with his brouther because he thinks its the "Cool" thing to do, we all explain that he cannot because he is too young. He has to find out what it is for himself befor he understands why people smoke bud, not that its the cool thing to do. That is not the way to look at bud.

I agreee with Kitty. At 12, it's time to break the news....there is no santa, there is no easter bunny, and Mom and dad smoke pot. I'd compare it to alcohol, an adult drink that, when used responsibly, can lead to many good times and fond memories. Id stress that when abused, marijauna, just like alcohol, just like cafine, just like sugar and fatty foods....when abused, it can lead to negative consequences, which is why it is an adult activity and when your children become adults, they can decide on their own what they want to do. It's better than out right lying to your family and perpetuating the myth that marijauana is "bad" and should be avoided and reported at all costs. We know this isnt true, we need to teach our children this as well. I'd also stress to my children that should they ever engage in adult activities such as marijauan, smoking, alcohol, etc, they shold feel comfortable telling me. Id much rather my children drink a 40 and call me up so I can pcik them up or give them permission to sleep over, rather thant ry to drive home intoxicated for fear of reprisals from mom and dad.
-PM

Dude, PM, your child would love having you for a dad. If I could have called my dad and been like, we got some 40's so I'm stayin the night at blah blah's, then yeah. It would have been safer then drinking them and walking/driving home drunk and trying to sneek in my house all late and drunk and shit... :allgood:

thanx guy's i luv you all keep the advice comeing,i feel better now

"there's no sensation to compare with this,suspended animation a state of bliss"

Cherry, thats how my folks raised me. Before pot, I drank alcohol (the TRUE "gateway drug" for anyone whos ever been to high school) and whenever Id plan on getting plastered, I'd call up my mom and tell her I was staying the night at my buddys house because we would be drinking. She'd always ask "WHy would you want to do that to yourself?", but that was the extent of her nagging. Because of this, I NEVER had to try to drive home intoxicated, and I never felt guilty or bad about asking my folks opinions and advice on things I was GOING TO DO ANYWAY. Any parent who thinks being a nazi and trying to control everything their children do is only fooling themselves and, most likely, creating a rift between themesleves and their children. Bottom line, young adults will do what they want, when they want; its aclled hormones and being a teenager. You can either accept this and attempt to steer them in the right direction by offering sound advice and stern condemations when appropriate, or you can play the fool and get angry, insane, and crazy when they do the same stupid shit YOU did as a kid. Thats how I look at it anyway. Besides, its kind of hypocritical for a parent who smokes pot to chastise their kids for....well...smoking pot, or drinking under the legal age (becuase theres certainly no "legal age" for smoking pot, its ALL illegal). But hey, I dont have any children nor do I want any, so keep that in mind when reading my advice ;-)
-PM
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
But hey, I dont have any children nor do I want any, so keep that in mind when reading my advice ;-)
-PM
-PM
I gotta say, Cherry is right, you definatly have the right attitudes when it comes to dealing with kids. But its understandable and I can respect you don't want any.

I have this feeling I'm going to be addressing the marijuana issues with my kids someday. I figured I'd try teaching them at a young age, but doing it in a way that they won't go to their friends "My mommy and daddy smoke pot!!" instead using pot innuendo "mommy and daddy needed to relax". Whatever I do I'm gonna be honest and hope the D.A.R.E. program is removed from schools because of its negative affects (ie actually increasing the drug abuse populatiion)

That or begin to rely on brownies and hide them from the kids lol (jk)

I grew up with pothead parents.

In my opinion, it made me a better person. I knew more facts about it than most people I knew, and I had first-hand experience that marijuana wasn't an "evil drug". It gave me an open-minded perspective on the world.

They never tried to force me to smoke.
One day, I decided to try it for myself and found that I really liked it. I continued to learn more about this wonderful plant, and discovered that it was nothing like the "life destroying drug" they portrayed it to be on the news.

For the next year, my parents and I awkwardly avoided discussing the fact that we all toked. Finally, my dad broke the ice.
It began a relationship with my parents that was 420 times better than it had ever been. I guess you could call it a "common ground".

If I was a parent, I think I would do the same thing.

I am a father of two ,they are very young 4 and under.I am not going to like having this talk with them and don't want them to smoke until thier bodies and minds mature.I hate being a hipocrit but I will deter them from smoking anything. Maybe when they are older the proper words will come to me but I just want the best for them and will try to do my best.If you want to call me a nazi for it be my guest but unfortunately this is how I feel when it come to kids.And cherry, I am glad you didn't smoke with that ten year old. Thats just fuckin rediculous.

thanx again,i will certainly never encourage my daughters ,but i will also be there if and when thay want they're ready for that first toke,i'd much rather have them do it in front of me and i want them know and believe that i will always be honest with them and that they can come for and with anything.you guys honestly are an awesome bunch hope to get to know yáll better

My boys are 10 and 7 now. When my youngest was 5, his Kindergarten homework one day was to go around the house with a parent pointing to objects and attempt to spell what the object was (hope that makes sense). I pointed to the window, the chair, a picture, etc. Then I pointed to a vase that was on top of the refrigerator. My son said, "I don't know how to spell it." I told him to sound it out and he replied, "Yoouurr smmmooookinggg thhhhhinggg." Evidentally he had witnessed me sneaking around with my bong at some point. I about crapped. I only told him it was a vase, how to spell it and walked away. I haven't had any similar situations since but now know where to find the right words when/if I do!

sry i didnt read alot of the posts im just answering the the first few

first off d.a.r.e was the prime reason i became so interested in drugs, and in highschool health class on drugs i was in the front row everday to watch the movies lol, even though ya its alot of depressing stuff sometimes they show u, and ya i hung out with the stoners, er was the stoners in highschool, and my parents never said 1 word about any drugs to me untill i got caught, then they had a little talk, didn't change anything, and 30 times getting caugt later, i come home from college and there like so, are u still smoking pot and im like yup, haha but they dont really care now, i do decent in school n all, and can hold a job. but i dont think parents have much effect on kids doing or not doing drugs unless they bring it up a ton of times and then no matter what they say it could make them want to do it less,,, or more, or try it if they haven't. at least that what i think but then again im just a stoned kid so

Back
Top Bottom