Forbidden's Fruit - Mystery Seeds - DWC - 4 x 1000W HPS/MH - Glog Version 2.1.0

Yup, do= disolved oxygen. Most hydro growers dont care because they just run air stones all the time....knowing whats truly there is interesting. Seen the

I suppose it depends on you and your circumstances, my half baked ideas on all of this is part of what convinced my patients to choose me and invest huge cash in gear (full hydro setup, construction of a room and 4x1000w isn't cheap!) I definitely want to go LED soon and I had planned on doing an ebb & flow (I remembered the name this time YAY!) setup but not sure yet, will have to experiment.

But what's experimentation without ability to collect data?

I threw in an old P4 I usually use as a BSD pfsense firewall for snapping pics from my nice Carl Zeiss 1080p Webcam and maybe from my other two garbage ones as well. The Zeisster is setup on a nice tripod. The P4 is running Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS though I'm going to upgrade to 16 soon. The hard drive is encrypted with a 256-bit passphrase and LUKS for AES in XTS_plain64 mode, a 256 bit key with SHA1 password hashing run through 1 second PBKDF2. This is on top of secondarily encrypted Home directories (and others) which will store sensitive data. Swap is fully encrypted as well and the system won't boot without my key being typed with me present, while I am remote and this may make some remote stuff a pain I think privacy is important. I may figure another (secure) way of keying the encryption, perhaps based on any number of environmental variables that are unlikely to be dupicatable if the system were ever tampered with. Eventually I plan on using newer hardware with different / better security features.

As for the grow, with my room not being completed (I did actually do almost 2 walls of drywall today by myself and also proved the guys we fired wrong that you can, indeed, fit a full uncut sheet down the stairs without damaging it or cutting it, even by myself! Ass-hats) my environment isn't up to snuff, I don't have temp or RH, but it's a bit too dry and Temps are hot in some places esp under the light without the cool tube actually being hooked up. I actually filled 4 but kets with water hoping to help the RH a touch.

I have one that may be completely dead, I defoliated the dead leaves in order to encourage new growth. There's a second that seems a bit in trouble too. The few days with no fan and too close proximity to the light without cooling was NOT good, unfortunately that was not my doing and out of my hands. Fortunately since, the cooling/blower fan has been running and it has helped most of the rest. The others that aren't in trouble are doing great. I was worrying that the too in troubles' roots weren't getting enough water, one is the one in the big pail already, I took out one airstone (still good bubbles with one 4") and gave it new water and feed.

I fell asleep before posting last night so we have two days worth of pics here. I also finally remembered to snap some pics of the room we're building.

Yesterday :

Wires to panel, not done yet, adding at least 1 more breaker. Used 12/2 everywhere for 20A capability along with 20A plugs. Done to local codes.

Dryer vent I will eventually tee into for exhaust, which goes right under the huge deck in the back. Free deck warmer in winter!

Vent coming from room, not quite long enuf yet.

6 inch duct, 8 inch flange for fan. Fan will mount there, filter close under with tees from the cool tube circuit feeding in unless I decide I need a separate fan for that.

There's 4xCat5e connections in there for controls and other systems. Cold water too.

Today:

Hope to start seeing sprouts in that soil any day now, I didn't wait as long in the paper towel when germinating so not all had tails but soil should be fine for germinating anyway do, hopefully we get a bunch more on the go ASAP.

I figure with the progress I made today I can have the room drywalled by the end of the week if I find enough time. Then floor, tape, paint then they can move in. Then mylar walls. Setup ducting. So close but so far still.

Did some more reading and have ideas, with the setup I had planned I should be able to get away with tds and pH only. Will still monitor other things too though.

Any recommendations as to temperature for feed water in DWC or an ebb flow, or anything similar for that matter?

Sorry for lack of updates, been busy, unfortunately haven't been over to see the babies yet, though last time I saw em (remote cam) it looked like there were more sprouts!

Going to grab some thermometers and head over.

I picked up a little TDS/TEMP meter and an indoor/outdoor thermometer with min/max settings and an aquarium thermometer (to calibrate the indoor/outdoor before I realized the tds had temp too)

And wow, I was cooking the poor things, more info posted soon as I get home.

Got the computer running again properly (got too hot, shut it down) so I have the HD time lapse cam going again as well as a cam to monitor the temp/RH display, in fact, I was considering doing OCR on that cam to log the data properly until I get good / interfacing sensors, may do this with TDS as well eventually but the display is smaller.

I will post pics and more shortly when I'm home.

P.s. 15ish seedlings sprouted good.

So, my water is around 150 ppm from the tap. I measured 1290 ppm in my reseveroir though, which seems pretty high and I went under the recommendation measurement for my nutes.

My water was hovering around 27 degrees C and my room was like 33 degrees C. Holy crap, I knew it felt warm but this explains a lot. I increased ventilation to the temporary room, raised the light 4" on one side and 6" on the other hoping the angle in the tube would help convection since there's nothing hooked up to the tube yet for cooling.

I tried the fan on the other side of the room but it was best where it was. Got Temps down to 27 in the room and 23.5 in the reservoir before I left. I have a camera monitoring the thermometer screen I got and it has min/max so we'll see how it goes.

After seeing my PPM that high and knowing my reseveroir temperatures were too high, I flushed (PITA, need drains on my res/buckets!) and started over on mix. Was around 800pp, when I left the other day and hasn't gone up. With my Temps so high it's possible I was growing more than Fruit in the reservoir, which I believe would explain why my ppms were climbing.

Temps are down to about 24 in the room and 20.7 in the reseveroir during lit hours, RH goes down to 15% during lit hours and climbs to 35% overnight. Temp goes down to just under 20, but my camera has no ability to push the button on my temp display to switch from in/out Temps (or room/res) so I can't monitor both consistently, gonna have to setup something to push that button automatically, which is going to involve me ripping the unit apart, soldering wires on the bored near the switch, have them coming out into *insert device based on Arduino/pi/other microcontroller* for constant switching.

I did make my first time lapse video from the temp/RH cam and it shows lots of data, combined with optical character recognition, I could be onto something "cheap" here.

Ppm still stable today. Will post some more pics soon, I put the time lapse servers wifi stick on an extension cable and I am hoping I have a more stable connection now.

I transplanted two of the seedlings from soil into the hydro bucket since they were doing well. I should be adding a second 60L reservoir this week.

Haven't had a chance to do any work on the basement yet.

Temps looking better too lately, downloading all the data I have from the temp/RH cam and going to assemble it in time lapse. I'm wondering what framerate to use as I think I'm taking too many pics. PlantCamHD is set to 30 sec, Temp RH cam is set to 120 sec, seedling cam is set to 120 sec I think and my safety cam that points at the ballast and pump won't work with the app I'm using (fswebcam) but works with cheese oddly enough.

Once I download all my pics I'll put together a video too, not sure how I should post that though?

Hopefully the temprhcam is stable now and if so I can start setting up optical character recognition to save data from my time lapse pics into an excel sheet or database for tracking and charting.

Once that's working I will try and do the same for PPM :)

Cheap way to do sensing, but should work good until I have good sensors.

Two seedlings transplanted into the 60L bucket and two veggies transplanted out of the 60L into their own 25L buckets. Forgot to lower my nutes a bit and got ppms around 1300, so we'll see how they do over a few days at the 'recommended' dose. Gonna need another 60L soon. Really need to get into the room we're building unfortunately I haven't had time to do drywall in a while but I should be getting some help soon.

Time lapse is working good so far. Will post some goodies soon.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Unfortunately, this ended. The patient's mental health issues were far too intrusive in the project, so I was unable to continue working with them.

Hopefully I'll be able to start again in the next year. So much work, for nothing. All the gear I had was taken as well, $5000+ down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom