Former Drug Officer Launches 'KopBusters' TV Show - w/video

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Barry Cooper, a former Texas police officer with eight years of specialty in drug interdiction, first made waves when he released the film "Never Get Busted Again," a how-to guide for evading police drug seizures. Austin, Texas-based Cooper's latest project, 'KopBusters,' is not nearly so benign, and will likely generate for the former drug warrior an army of enemies in law enforcement.

His upcoming reality show, 'KopBusters,' a 'To Catch A Predator' style crusade against dirty officers, sparked an immediate response after RAW STORY covered a news brief of their first sting.

Cooper has now released footage from the initial episode of 'KopBusters,' in which the Odessa, TX police department raids a suspected marijuana grow house, only to discover they played right into the filmmaker's hands. As surveillance cameras roll, the police slowly figure out they've been had.

"KopBusters rented a house in Odessa, Texas and began growing two small Christmas trees under a grow light similar to those used for growing marijuana. When faced with a suspected marijuana grow, the police usually use illegal FLIR cameras and/or lie on the search warrant affidavit claiming they have probable cause to raid the house. Instead of conducting a proper investigation which usually leads to no probable cause, the Kops lie on the affidavit claiming a confidential informant saw the plants and/or the police could smell marijuana coming from the suspected house.

"The trap was set and less than 24 hours later, the Odessa narcotics unit raided the house only to find KopBuster's attorney waiting under a system of complex gadgetry and spy cameras that streamed online to the KopBuster's secret mobile office nearby.

"The attorney was handcuffed and later released when eleven KopBuster detectives arrived with the media in tow to question the illegal raid. The police refused to give KopBusters the search warrant affidavit which is suspected to contain the lies regarding the probable cause."

YouTube - Kop Busters Raid - Raw Footage

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Indybay.com
Copyright: 2008 San Francisco Bay Area Independent Media Center
Website: Former Drug Officer Launches 'KopBusters' TV Show : Indybay

I hope KopBusters makes it to a TV station asap...looks like a really good show...with a good budget they could get a endless amount of footage with how many corrupt cops there are these days

I think the American public has had enough of the oppressive nature of the drug war

Even on right wing forums the majority seem to have a Libertarian streak when it comes to MMJ (speaking of LGF and Townhall)

I think this would knock the show COPS off the air. Somebody needs to grab these guys with their shirts off, and sit on them in the driveway with the cameras rolling.

MJ rapper's show intro:

"Bad cops bad cops, what'cha gonna do when they're busting you?
Gotta warrant to search your house,
Said what they've got to to get you."

This is amazing! Very much needed and appreciated. I wonder if they sell anything in support. Gotta see how I can help.

:bong:

That is why police have internal affairs. People are human and all have different motivators. Some cops are great and some not so great.
Imagine a system without checks and balances. It would be a different gov't. IMO

Back
Top Bottom