Fort Pierce Couple Busted With $200K In Marijuana At Grow House Raid

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
About $200,000 worth of marijuana was seized Thursday during a grow house bust by the Fort Pierce Police Department and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, according to a police news release.

Police with the DEA arrested and charged Michael Philip Carty, 44, and his wife, Tiffany Dawn Carty, 32, both of the 1100 block of Granada Avenue, with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana with the intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia. As of Thursday evening, both were in St. Lucie County Jail in lieu of $10,500 bail.

The couple said they started the grow house on the first floor of a two-story home as a way to earn extra money, the release states.

Police suspect the house had been use as a grow house since September. Inside the house, police said the setup was similar to other grow houses with basements walls lined with reflective boarding and high-powered lights and fans. Also, the operation had its own ventilation and irrigation systems for the plants.

The Cartys were renting the house where authorities found 132 marijuana plants, which police estimate could produce 60 pounds of marijuana.

Police are investigating if this is part of a larger grow house operation.

Thursday’s bust is the latest in several grow house busts on the Treasure Coast.

On Oct. 27 in Stuart, Kobie Gary, the son of prominent attorney Wille Gary, was arrested and charged with two other men in connection with a house where authorities say they found 213 marijuana plants.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: tcoasttalk.com
Copyright: 2009 The Palm Beach Post
Website: Fort Pierce couple busted with $200K in marijuana at grow house raid

yea, i was in a raid, sleeping in my van on some land for one night, not even involved with the people. they said it was a safe place to park for the night, way in the country behind locked gate, i was going to a music festival the next day... if the president of this country had a clue, he would free up this plant, and make this nation a rich country,,, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. hemp hemp hurray.... the folks had 24 plants,,,oooooooooooooo,, my bail, 25,000..been to court twice another court date dec 3 10am in uk, mendo, cali.... cali bud ... the best in the west....so hang in there i will keep you in the light,,,, love is the answer no matter what is going on around us,, stay high in the postive vibs... 420 lovestar

That's terrible, the people grow indoors to make money to help keep the economy going.
The bail was set at a low amount because they prob. never had any thing against there criminal record before which tells me they were pretty decent people.

So the gov. takes and takes from the land and the people, with all of the money that they get from capitol hill why don't they clean up downtown L.A. there are lots of meth and crack sellers selling shit right now on the front yards of real troubled people that spread the real disease of drugs and ST D's.

My congressman responded to a petition that I sent him and he says he has a diff. view of the legalization of Marijuana or hemp, of course he does. VIVA la MOTA!

costs too much when you are part of the great unemployment crush. I am 64 and have rheumatoid arthritus. I would love to stick a few plants in the back yard for personal use, but I don't want to end up in jail. I did have some cops pull up some plant around 15 years ago, that I used to make tea with, but it wasn't legal then - so I'm afraid, even though I have a doctors recommendation - if I try to grow anymore it would be a second offense and I would end up with more than probation. What do you think?:

costs too much when you are part of the great unemployment crush. I am 64 and have rheumatoid arthritus. I would love to stick a few plants in the back yard for personal use, but I don't want to end up in jail. I did have some cops pull up some plant around 15 years ago, that I used to make tea with, but it wasn't legal then - so I'm afraid, even though I have a doctors recommendation - if I try to grow anymore it would be a second offense and I would end up with more than probation. What do you think?:

The lucky people with a med. Mj card need not worry in California. The pres. just put a stop to drug raids for those with medical needs. Thats a fact. I would still check with the county or town because not all are playing on the same team. Good luck!

so I'm afraid, even though I have a doctors recommendation - if I try to grow anymore it would be a second offense and I would end up with more than probation. What do you think?:

I think if you have a valid recommendation in a state / county that has legalized MMJ and you're within the guidelines you shouldn't have much to worry about, beyond rippers. For a few plants grown by a 64 year old medical user, the feds won't be bothered, and the other authorities having jurisdiction should be bound by the laws.

Even if some busybody called the police after somehow learning of your plants, a quick review of your credentials should clear things up. If they confiscated your plants and arrested you to allow the courts to sort things out, you would suffer monetary loss and aggravation, but you could then become a vocal advocate and help advance the cause.

If these thoughts cause concern, it may be better for you to get $100 worth of 42 watt CFLs and do something in a closet.

Saw this reply over at the Palm Beach Post where this happened. One of the best I have ever read.

"I’m 65, retired, Conservative Republican, and not an ignoramus like some of the posters here who seem to think marijuana is dangerous and cops are honorable when it comes to stealing it. Marijuana has never killed anyone (unlike alcohol, tobacco, and several other legal substances), marijuana smokers are, for the most part, productive members of society who work hard and have jobs (or did you think the stoners at the 7-11 were the ones paying $25 a gram for all that high-quality weed being grown?). If there’s ONE thing that worthless empty suit in the White House can accomplish, it’s some kind of education and progress in the fight to decriminalize marijuana. Don’t rely on the insipid argument that TAXES are the best reason for legalizing it; not unless you agree with over-taxing people in general, which I do not… It needs to be legalized because it’s relatively harmless and we’re wasting lives and enormous amounts of tax money trying to eliminate it. Grow TF up, educate yourself, and quit drinking the anti-marijuana KoolAid the propagandists pass out."

hey trueblu....i like the conservative that supports this but it was a bit hypocritical that he calls obama and empty suit when his own boy, "dubya", was the very definition of an empty suit. An empty suit that chose to ignore sovereign state law and raided and arrested sick and dieing people using marijuana legally in their own state. I mean he's from the "lone star state", the state that didn't even want to join this union, I can only imagine if the federal gov came into his state and ignored state laws and enforced their own...we'd only have 49 states after that

This guy sounds like he would be more of a fan of Ron Paul than he would George Dubya. Too bad we can't get him into office.

hey trueblu....i like the conservative that supports this but it was a bit hypocritical that he calls obama and empty suit when his own boy, "dubya", was the very definition of an empty suit. An empty suit that chose to ignore sovereign state law and raided and arrested sick and dieing people using marijuana legally in their own state. I mean he's from the "lone star state", the state that didn't even want to join this union, I can only imagine if the federal gov came into his state and ignored state laws and enforced their own...we'd only have 49 states after that

So you're saying Obama is NOT an empty suit? Or do you just like repeating propaganda about Bush?

lol they spend $200,000 on weed, what makes the police think that a $10,500 bail is going to keep them in jail that long. They are probably going to pay the bail, wait till parole is finished then start growing it again but in a different location.

lol they spend $200,000 on weed, what makes the police think that a $10,500 bail is going to keep them in jail that long. They are probably going to pay the bail, wait till parole is finished then start growing it again but in a different location.

Hopefully they will!:ganjamon:

Basement? In Fort Pierce? The water table is only 3-4 feet down in Ft. Pierce. Do they have a special underground swimming strain of weed down there?

Back
Top Bottom