Foxygreen Newbie, White Widow Fem x4, Soil, Tent, DIY COB

Hey mate good news you have the light up and going. Good possie for driver although I would have had it on the other side so when the light is pointing down the driver will be on the top where you adjust the dimming functions without having to lean in under the light. .
Because the driver has a constant voltage function you can run it parallel no worries.
Dial down the volts and you should see the light dim.

A multimeter will help you get dialled in.
So the maths.
So your running in parallel which means we're working with amps - 4.2amp divide by # of cobs is 1.4amp per cob.
Too find what voltage you need to supply the cob to pull 1.4 amp you need to follow the characteristics curve for that particular cobs found on the manufacturer spec's.
シチズン電子株式会社
420-magazine-mobile662891461.jpg

So you want to dial the driver in at 53V/4.2amp so each cob will then pull equal amps to get maximum efficiency from your driver.

I think the way this works when run in parallel, let's say for example that you supply the 3 cobs with 60v and 4.2amp run parallel (your driver will only go too 53V which is perfect for 4.2amp). As one cob heats up faster then the other it will draw more of the amps so you might end up with un-even lighting and possibly cook one of the chips.
So too run each cob at 1000mA you want to dial the driver in too 3amp's and 51.5 volts

I think the way this works when run in parallel, let's say for example that you supply the 3 cobs with 60v and 4.2amp run parallel (your driver will only go too 53V which is perfect for 4.2amp). As one cob heats up faster then the other it will draw more of the amps so you might end up with un-even lighting and possibly cook one of the chips.
So too run each cob at 1000mA you want to dial the driver in too 3amp's and 51.5 volts
So how do I dial the driver in?

So it's been a busy day I finally got my cob light dialed in with the help of CobKits..huge thumbs up to them...I will be back for another array for my bloom room (still getting that together
I will take pics and give specifics on light
The girls are doing good I think...I started lst on the older 4 today...they are 25days veg...I topped them about 8days ago they seem like they are maybe in need of some mild nutes...there is some yellowing lower leaves going on. They are in FFHF 2g smart pits now, I water with purified drinking water ph'd around 6.1-6.4.
No nutes yet but thinking I might give them some Shultz all purpose 20-20-20 way diluted just to give me some time till I can get to hyrdro store. I went ahead a nd put 1/4tsp granuals in gallon water. I ph'd water after and it was 5.8 instead of 6.2...i have some pH buffer powder but need to read up on that.
So much to learn.
Wondering if I should just let them be a little longer to I can get FF trio??

420-magazine-mobile907024612.jpg

My 10x10 greenhouse (still in works) and my 4 CKS White widow girls, 10weeks veg approx...I so want to get them into bloom but Midwest temps have been 90f lately and humid! I need to still get an aluminet shade cloth to help with heat and then of course dark out tarp and more fans... possible dehumidifier...all being on very tight budget!
I just brought my 3 8week veg girls back inside where I have them in a 4x4 tent with diy led cob 6 Citizen 1818s.....they have been out side so they are heat stressed, a little bug chewed, & possible pH issues as well I will post more pics later.

This first grow has been filled with unexpected events like family moving back into our house so my plants had to be outside for the last month....they are gone finally so going back to original plan of both inside and outside....hopefully I can get a grip on what is ailing them!

420-magazine-mobile605178772.jpg

Back
Top Bottom