White Widow, 2X4 Tent, Dutch Buckets, Budget Led

@stardawg17

DIY is a lot of fun and it’s gratifying to build something yourself and save some money to boot. I built a few dwc buckets.

Your set up is nice. The only thing you might want to change is the size of your res. I think your only running one plant now so it’s fine but if you get 4-6 going you’ll want a 20+ gallons.

Cheers pga do you know what size the buckets are are they the 11 litre / 3 gallon ish? So, no one sells them here in the UK so expensive shipping for me :-( and haven’t looked for paint screens yet as not sure on bucket size but 200 microns no probs, thanks.
Dunno. It measures 11 3/4 x 9 3/4 and 9 inches deep

These would make a great hempy bucket . I think it’s 4 gal
C4D2D9B8-25A1-4D75-814D-4508E6CDF2A5.jpeg

Cheers pga do you know what size the buckets are are they the 11 litre / 3 gallon ish? So, no one sells them here in the UK so expensive shipping for me :-( and haven’t looked for paint screens yet as not sure on bucket size but 200 microns no probs, thanks.
I got my buckets for free from the supermarket bakery. They are 3 gallon buckets for icing and are food grade.

Cheers lads so some square type buckets and a few fittings and bobs your uncle, my god how cheap is this system to set up and lets face it you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to make it, seems like the perlite is the dearest item and I bet you lot wash it out after each run and use it again lol. Would you say the growth rates are as quick as dwc/ rdwc ? Has anyone here tried the other two to compare?
I have an Alien pro rdwc system that I haven’t got round to using yet and the reason is I am doing so well in coco which I have pretty much got that down, so why change, well I have built probably half a dozen different drip systems which all worked but had floors ie lines blocking even when using drip clean a real pita, hand watering is best but takes a long time plus I multi feed in 3 gallon fabric pots so that’s not viable as I have to work, so I think I’ll do a Dutch run of 8 buckets in an 4x8 in my new grow room when I have it built hopefully before Christmas so thanks to all for the info I’ll be on the case for buckets later today :)

Cheers lads so some square type buckets and a few fittings and bobs your uncle, my god how cheap is this system to set up and lets face it you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to make it, seems like the perlite is the dearest item and I bet you lot wash it out after each run and use it again lol. Would you say the growth rates are as quick as dwc/ rdwc ? Has anyone here tried the other two to compare?
I have an Alien pro rdwc system that I haven’t got round to using yet and the reason is I am doing so well in coco which I have pretty much got that down, so why change, well I have built probably half a dozen different drip systems which all worked but had floors ie lines blocking even when using drip clean a real pita, hand watering is best but takes a long time plus I multi feed in 3 gallon fabric pots so that’s not viable as I have to work, so I think I’ll do a Dutch run of 8 buckets in an 4x8 in my new grow room when I have it built hopefully before Christmas so thanks to all for the info I’ll be on the case for buckets later today :)
I quit reusing the grow medium after having issues in the past. It gets tilled into my outdoor garden.

The growth rate is similar to dwc. I've got a handful of dwc grows under my belt so I'm no expert. Never grown in rdwc. It's a heck of a lot more work to grow in dwc.

I think the biggest mistake a lot of folks make when going to any hydro set up is they buy cheap ph/tds meters. I made this mistake in the beginning. If your pens are showing you incorrect readings your always going to be chasing your tail wondering why your plants look sickly. Invest the money and buy decent pens. Calibrate them at the first of every month.

Good luck with your build.

Yes pga got the tee shirt with ph and EC meters they have been the biggest pita I have gone through loads 3 blue lab, 3 essentials plus 3 bay cheapey ph pens, 3 essentials EC pens and on the third blue lab truncheon, I have a blue lab ph pump feeder monitor which has been the best so far but the ph probe lasts about a year at £50 a go, I kept them all in the right solutions to, I fucking hate buying them does my nut in, rant over.
I have found all my materials to do a descent set up the buckets will be 16 litres, going on your set up you have a 17 gallon res with 12 gallons in it feeding 3 x11 litre Dutch bato, so 12 gallons divided by 3 = 4 gallons per pot, 4 gallons = 15.12 litres divided by 11 = 1.374 so 8 x 16 litre = 128 litres x 1.374 = 175.9 litres. I recon I’ll need a 200 litre tank to have a bit of wiggle room to move bits about hope this makes sense pga am I on the money?

Not sure if this will help with your coco watering, but Derby did a great tutorial on his auto watering setup. Could be worth a look.

Thanks in the shed and yes I made a system quite similar to that one, the trouble is the 6mm tube most of what the hydro shops sell is to flexible and soft and can kink very easy plus the inside diameter is 4mm and this reduces again down to 3mm on the fittings and using great white mycorrhizal powder and house and garden root excelurator blocks them up in no time, I have found a better 6mm tubing that’s much less softer and not that flexible which is much better but still blocks the best I have found is to use 16mm all though with 6mm holes in the made up halo rings all with individual valves to control flow to each plant off a ring to get as best equal pressure but this system feeds very quick so you will need a good timer that runs on minutes and seconds to dial it in plus a descent pump this I have found to be best after making countless drip systems.
Sorry pga taking the journal off subject, how’s those lost husbands girls getting on must be getting close to filling the net not long away from flip I bet :)

Yes pga got the tee shirt with ph and EC meters they have been the biggest pita I have gone through loads 3 blue lab, 3 essentials plus 3 bay cheapey ph pens, 3 essentials EC pens and on the third blue lab truncheon, I have a blue lab ph pump feeder monitor which has been the best so far but the ph probe lasts about a year at £50 a go, I kept them all in the right solutions to, I fucking hate buying them does my nut in, rant over.
I have found all my materials to do a descent set up the buckets will be 16 litres, going on your set up you have a 17 gallon res with 12 gallons in it feeding 3 x11 litre Dutch bato, so 12 gallons divided by 3 = 4 gallons per pot, 4 gallons = 15.12 litres divided by 11 = 1.374 so 8 x 16 litre = 128 litres x 1.374 = 175.9 litres. I recon I’ll need a 200 litre tank to have a bit of wiggle room to move bits about hope this makes sense pga am I on the money?
4 gal per bucket X number of buckets will let you know how many gallon your res needs to be. Bigger is always better than smaller IMO. They will drink a lot in late veg and early to mid flower.

Day 52

Quick update....Slowly filling up the net and we have ran across a problem area. Back left doesn't want to cooperate. We got a week or two before I flip so we'll see what happens.
ww11212020 - 1.jpg

ww11212020 - 2.jpg

Their momma is lookin pretty. She's on the left and has a couple more weeks to go. One of her buds is loaded with some DDA X WW seeds.
ww11212020 - 3.jpg

That's all I got for you...Have a great weekend!

Nice towers on the flowers! And the seeds sound like an interesting blend. :thumb:

You could always fill that back left hole with silk flowers if it bugs you, but the rest of the scrog looks great. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, their towering up nicely. The seeds should grow out some potent buds with a million different phenos.

Not sure what’s going on with my scrog. It’s weird I got 3 WW in this tent and 3 diesel glue in another tent and both tents have one runty plant. All clones of the same mothers.

Back
Top Bottom