Dutch Bucket Hydro Seed To Harvest

Misc. Update.

Thought I had uploaded the photos below. Dang.

Just getting organized. For me; I spend so much time with my plants that I get a little carried away with organization. I do find that being organized is important though. Using the incorrect nut or dosage, contaminate a nutrient in its bottle, etc. I also keep things extremely clean by using H2O2 (strongest strength I can find) in a spray bottle, the strongest alcohol I can find in a spray bottle and cotton balls for cleaning scissors, etc. The H2O2 will burn you on contact. I have handled things that were sprayed and wiped off hours later and the moisture on my hands re-activate it. Suddenly my finger tips start turning white as the skin is burned. And yes. You should use rubber gloves. I have the purple pair that is resistant to acids hanging to stay dry after use..
DSCN90292.JPG

Cloning and seed propagation.
DSCN90302.JPG

Various air pumps and air stones. Depending on stage of growth I can use a smaller more quiet pump in Veg where the roots have not reached the water level in the bucket. Once roots reach the water; I add a small air stone to the bottom of each bucket. This requires a larger air pump, which also creates more noise. To combat the stones in the bottom of each bucket, I place a double layer of egg crate mattress pads underneath each bucket as well.

As a solution for the vibration of the 2 large air stones in the res, i place the res on a double layer of egg crate mattress pads.

DSCN90311.JPG

My nutes. Probably not the best, but...
I would love to grow with Advance Nutrients, but just down have the funds.
DSCN90322.JPG

I use a lot of timers. I even installed a auto on/off light switch for the room.
DSCN90341.JPG

The only thing missing from my line up is H2O2. I'm out and need to purchase some.
DSCN90351.JPG

DSCN90361.JPG

Found these felt floor pads that have a rubber backing used in surgery rooms. They soak up the blood from the patient during their surgery. I cut them to size and using them on my shelves and under my sink.
DSCN90372.JPG

Some tunes.
DSCN90382.JPG

Drying rack. These buds were harvested this past May and have been curing for awhile in jars. I am airing them out a little, washing their jars and will put back in the vault to cure (cool dark space) and be my personal stash.

What I want to point out/explain is the drying and curing. I know we will get to this next year, but since we are here with my cured product, thought I would share my process.

I start with drying until the stems snap and then break down the buds and place in jars.

Day 1, 2 and 3 - Jars are opened 15 minutes each day.

No matter what the day, when i move them to the center row for twice weekly, I start them on a Friday burping for 15 minutes every Fri and Monday for 2 weeks.

After the two weeks, I move them to the right side for monthly burping. After that, I keep them in my drying rack for awhile so that I can monitor closely until I m satisfied that they can be moved.

This process leaves me with nice moist plump buds that smoke very evenly and clean.
DSCN90392.JPG

:thanks::volcano-smiley:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom