Freezing cold problem uk, pls help!

englishgrower

Hi guys, unfortunately living in the uk, and having to use the loft/ attic , cant use my tents , as the stupid 'a' frames / timbers, are all in the way, so having to do open air, too hot in summer, freezing in winter, but no choice..

I have some great big bhudda blue cheese, which are 7 weeks into flower, and are just not doing anything, people are telling me its the cold, is there anything you can do ? or does anyone have similar problems?

I bought an oil filled radiator to put up there today, which is just gonna cost more money to run, and cant see it helping much.

any ideas guys? or am I wasting my time? and should leave it now till march maybe when it warms up a bit...

all advice is appreciated

I think it's going to be difficult unless you can get a tent in there, or build some kind of an enclosed space so that you can use the heat from the light to warm things up.

Temps with lights-out will still be a problem and you may have to use a small heater inside the grow space.

Heating your entire attic is not going to be cost-efficient.

i have found a tent that will fit, but do you think it will keep the cold out sufficiently? i have changed the lights now to 7pm to 7 am , so the coldest part of the day will have the lights on them to heat them, maybe that is the solution, so that atleast during the day then the lights are off, the tent will still be warm for a while. and also by the time it gets cold again, the lights will be back on.

i have heaters in my water tanks, should i set them a bit warmer? i was told that as long as the roots are warm, they should be ok.

its so frustrating for me, the blue cheese look like they are so healthy and yet they have just stopped flowering, and i am getting frustrated by having a 600w hps on for 12 hours a day when they are doing nothing...

thanks for the help dude

it really is a pain, at my last place I had a great attic, and had tents in them, with lights on during the night, and it worked perfectly, infact ,my first ever grow, was started in october, and finished really well.

however in the summer in this new house, my 600w light ballast kept tripping itself off, and it was like an oven up there,in the end i had to get a fan on constantly pointing at the ballast for it to work properly, just wish i had a bigger house with a basement, or a massive spare room to use...

do you think they will recover when they are in the tent and with lights on at night? i just wonder if i am wasting my time on this grow, and should start again?

yeah I certainly dont want to get rid , they are the healthiest looking plants I have done so far, and look like they should have a lot on them, its 4 blue cheese..
i trimmed some of the lower canopy earlier, changed the lights ,turned up the water heaters, and the tent should be here wednesday.
I also have 3 g -force, and 4 other plants , all starting to flower, but they too have slowed down in growth , i think there will only be room for eight in the tent, but its better than nothing

I didnt see much point in using a 600w oil filled radiator up there, its a big loft, and i dont think it would make much difference

Hi guys, unfortunately living in the uk, and having to use the loft/ attic , cant use my tents , as the stupid 'a' frames / timbers, are all in the way, so having to do open air, too hot in summer, freezing in winter, but no choice..

I have some great big bhudda blue cheese, which are 7 weeks into flower, and are just not doing anything, people are telling me its the cold, is there anything you can do ? or does anyone have similar problems?

I bought an oil filled radiator to put up there today, which is just gonna cost more money to run, and cant see it helping much.

any ideas guys? or am I wasting my time? and should leave it now till march maybe when it warms up a bit...

all advice is appreciated

Hey man! I got the same problem, I'm from Norway and the summer 09 was very hot and it almost killed everything (up to 36ºC or 98ºF). And now...it's very cold...for 5 nights before i got a heater in the room it was down to 5 ºC, (40 ºF) and I have some Big Buddha Cheese standing and they are doing great, The La Conf. took some more damage...but the yeild is ok. ;)

Good Luck!

Peace!!

Put the heater inside the tent. The plants should recover. My temps dropped down to 30f inside the tent before I got it taken care of. They rebounded and are doing fine. Watch your humidity too. Usually when it's cold the humidity goes way up.

its an oil filled radiator , not sure i should put it inside the ' plastic' tent?

alecto , did your plants slow down? or get to a certain stage then just stop?

my last grow, which i finished end of november, was doing rally well, then just stopped budding, and hairs went mostly red, I guess that too was very cold, and just decided to finish budding early, also one of them had purple/ blue leaves, which I was told is because of freezing temperatures?

well....it was only when the lights went of it got that cold...so they slowed down a bit. Big B Cheese should have about 7 - 9 weeks and the La Conf. 8 weeks. They are now stating (today) they're 10th week flowering, and they got about a week left.

Check out my Journal and see my attic ;) i'm going to update with 3 more lamps to the next grow ;)
My First Grow Alone

Peace!!

well i changed the lights to 7pm to 7 am , upped the water temps, but apparently its -9 tonight, just hope my tent hurries up!

Back
Top Bottom