Harvestright freeze dryer for weed? Done and cured in a day!

The guy who i know said he got a better dry weight than he would normally after a few weeks cure, did mention that the outer bud was not as sticky as you would get from a naturally dried and cured bud but the inner bud was sticky and normal.

He didn't have much knowledge on the machine he had or settings as he was sold it from another grower agonist left the same settings input.

He did say whether your a small or commercial size grower if you can afford to get on he said but it and you will never go back to original drying, couldn't tell me much on the taste as he never smoked just pressed for oils.

I really want one!

Sweet. For the time being mrs cough is only using decarb capsules and occasional vape from dispensary. Meanwhile last week i chopped my most fragrant plant to date and drying it in the garage has been sketchy because sometimes we can smell it in the driveway with 3 filters running in the garage! The whole garage smells of citrus candy/ weed with linen air freshener on top LOL.
Would be amazing to put it in a jar the next day! Buuuut, that's a price tag I'll have to pass on these days.
I bet you could pull some niiice concentrates from properly cured FD flower...mmmm

I'm going to get one this year around July time as I'm doing a few plants with a friend to so I'm going to run pull one plant out per day and in 10 days or so I should have it all dried and the cure it gives, hoping someone can chime in on the sizes of the trays to what you can fit, he said 5oz but he only did one plant per day so he was unsure if more could be done.

hello all!

so after iv flushed my plant and its ready to chop am i right in saying i can put it straight in one of these and it wil be ready to smoke 2 days later?

No, you would still have to jar it up for a few weeks to let the chlorophyll break down. Difference is you wouldn’t have to burp your jars at all while it cures, just store them in a cool dark place.

Thanks buddy, that is something great for me as trying to burp 40+ hard a day becomes real boring when your swearing at the 30th jar :laugh:.

I always fail at drying and my ash turns black and rotten, my last harvest went okay it actually turned out better than the stuff I biodegradable as I thought I was running out, if those freeze dryers help better than I ever could I will get one this year.

Looks like I will be purchasing the medium size freeze dryer tomorrow :yahoo: My sister, mom and I seem to of come to the conclusion that we could fit one in the house. . . somewhere. So we are also springing out the extra cash for the oil free pump too. Less stuff we have to worry about and they run much quieter too. I guess in Canadian money it isn’t too painful (but it still is) for roughly $6300Cnd we get the dryer, oil free pump and Mylar starter pack. That’s by e-transfer or $100 more if done by Credit Card. Taking a bit longer for shipping as the preppers are buying them up with this Covid-19 scare, but should be here in time to try it on my current grow (should be done around beginning of May)

Wonder if I could rent this out for other growers too. . . . for a price:blunt:

Found a small Freeze Right Dryer on local FB sale group for $500. Is in very good shape. We are starting to grow for our own for Medical due to the trauma I have from combat. I am very interested in doing this for a harvest. We ended up getting seeds through a Veterans Org that donates seeds for Vets. I came from the mushroom side and wife is a seasoned grower. But this is a very new possibility to us both. I saw the benefits and am wanting to do this with our harvest. But would love someone to set some sort of guidelines to produce the best quality. IE from the point of Harvest to Machine (settings, time, etc) to any finishing after it is processed in the machine. I am hoping to be able to bypass having to humidor but need information and results to fine tune the method through trialsnd error as well. Thanks in advance.

My medium freeze dryer just arrived an hour ago:yahoo: Gonna try food first but come May, it will all be mine for my harvest. Now to get it downstairs to it’s final resting spot. I’m still weak from wrist surgery and the other 4 people in the house are getting over Covid-19 (I seem to be one of them asymptomatic people) So I guess it will stay in the living room for now, but will use soon

3E15FD79-33DC-4656-B78B-B27B8560334C.jpeg

My medium freeze dryer just arrived an hour ago:yahoo: Gonna try food first but come May, it will all be mine for my harvest. Now to get it downstairs to it’s final resting spot. I’m still weak from wrist surgery and the other 4 people in the house are getting over Covid-19 (I seem to be one of them asymptomatic people) So I guess it will stay in the living room for now, but will use soon

3E15FD79-33DC-4656-B78B-B27B8560334C.jpeg

Make sure you have the latest firmware.

Are these settings still optimal? I have the medium home dryer coming Monday just want to make sure so I can get drying!

Do note the software has been updated and drying times have changed due to this. I would say this is a good start and you can always add more drying time. It will definitely differ if you ore freeze you harvest before hand. This may be beneficial to many. I am still learning my machine myself. Best advice I can give is learn to filter your pump oil yourself and replace after every use!

Do note the software has been updated and drying times have changed due to this. I would say this is a good start and you can always add more drying time. It will definitely differ if you ore freeze you harvest before hand. This may be beneficial to many. I am still learning my machine myself. Best advice I can give is learn to filter your pump oil yourself and replace after every use!
I have the oil-free filter, so I would assume I dont need to worry about that? Ill update you guys on how my stuff turns out after these settings are done.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to comment on this. I'm a licensed Industrial Hemp cultivator/manufacturer in San Diego, CA. I just purchased the large HarvestRight yesterday. 8 week lead time because people are panicking about COVID19. It was $3,500 as I went with the regular oil pump. We grow our own food as well so we'll be using this thing a lot. I just began learning about Fresh Frozen cannabis and Rosin. My next purchase will be a press so I can begin making my own extract from the FD cannabis. From my research I've discovered that fresh frozen is the latest and greatest in our industry and I truly believe this machine will be a game changer. Anyone using this process at a commercial scale is going to the next level. Today's cannabis industry is all about terpene's, cannabinoids and cleanliness proven with COA's!

Looks like I’m going to have to wait until my next grow to use :( My house is so old that we have a fuse box and not a breaker system for our house electrical system. Only have 15amp plugs and you need at least the 20amp outlet for my medium size freeze dryer to work. Looks like I won’t be trying anything until August/September now

Bought a Harvest Right last year for patties but haven't gotten around to washing lol. I just found this thread and was wondering if anyone has tried this and if i could get some tips? If i use the pre-settings on my small HR i know it will probably dry the bud to zero moisture (which i think i dont want? some humidity is good right?). I have never cured normally anyways so I'm a super rookie. Also, your prob all going to kill me but I am using fresh frozen bud that has been in my freezer for....2years:$ Is it still good? Is there any tips on how i can make sure? Anything helps!

Finally got the house rewired for our freeze dryer and can’t wait to try doing some bud in hopefully 8-10 weeks. We have tried it on a few items and I have to say that I’m not a skittles fan, but the sour skittles in the freeze dryer and it becomes candy crack. The other awesome candy was the chewy werthers which puff up into a crunchy like toffee that melts in your mouth like cotton candy

61F109A9-C7CD-42C5-B6FE-5C34B80E1396.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom